Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

and not for his butt this time... no... wait... I think he got Trending when he debuted in Titans too...

Dick might not be trending because of his butt for once, but thanks to Nicola Scott his bum has hijacked @museumbums on Twitter.

It's great to see so much hype surrounding the new creative team. I wonder how much more it would have been, had they gone with a #1 or legacy numbering.

Amazing Member

Hold up! Nightwing is treated an A-Lister. DC has changed. They DIDN'T renew his series. The series continuous to #78. They are not relying on Issue #1 hype. Now, that's confidence.

Dick Grayson having a big part in Batman and Titans books while still having his own solo. Hype train!
    Last edited by qwazer07; 12-17-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The boy is even treding.

Off-topic, but I'm happy to see Sir Ian vaccinated.

Happy Nightwing is trending

It just sucks the pitch sounds so fucking generic. I feel like every writer comes on and says the same thing. Saying they are going to make Dick "A-List" but then nothing happens and the character gets dragged into whatever awful Batman event is going on constantly. It's an interesting creative team, but man, the pitch so far and that IGN interview just don't leave me inspired at all. Focusing again on Bludhaven will fail like always, and so far it doesn't seem like they will do any globetrotting. Just more Daredevil or Spider-man lite stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It just sucks the pitch sounds so fucking generic. I feel like every writer comes on and says the same thing. Saying they are going to make Dick "A-List" but then nothing happens and the character gets dragged into whatever awful Batman event is going on constantly. It's an interesting creative team, but man, the pitch so far and that IGN interview just don't leave me inspired at all. Focusing again on Bludhaven will fail like always, and so far it doesn't seem like they will do any globetrotting. Just more Daredevil or Spider-man lite stuff.
    Although when Taylor did Spider-Man, it was a story about an ancient orange-skinned civilization that existed under New York and was ruled by a tyrant. I'm not sure his instincts necessarily go to "street level", even if he is wrapping himself in the trappings of Chuck Dixon for launch.

Hot damn.

So, I just gotta #humblebrag for a second here (apologies and bear with me). I've been saying for years that Dick Grayson is a criminally undervalued IP at DC (which we've all said) and I've listed a bunch of business-y reasons to support this (which isn't as common). And the last few months, I've been saying that DC would be crazy stupid foolish to continue ignoring him, given their shift in goals and increased efforts at market synergy. And I said back in August that it'd probably take a little while before we heard anything definitive about Dick's future in the new DC regime and it'd take 6-12 months for their plans (whatever they were) to reach the shelf.

Today, we found out what DC is gonna do and for once they seem to agree with me and my analysis. It seems a rare thing, I'm usually mind-boggled at their choices from both a creative and business perspective.

But today it feels *so good* to be right. See? This is what we get when DC thinks the same way I do; high value, quality creative teams on characters who will benefit from them!

Taylor seems like a good choice and a higher profile creator than DC has allowed to be on Nightwing in the past. Whether his run is amazing or not, just the fact that he's on the book is a positive sign that DC is taking Nightwing more seriously. I haven't read a ton of his work but I've liked what I've seen and feel like he should be a good fit. I mean, I expected better than Jurgens and Lobdell but I didn't expect the guy who wrote two of DC's most successful Elseworlds in Injustice and DCeased.

I could do with a change of scenery and leave Bludhaven behind (at least for a little bit) and Babs being around makes me nervous that the Death Metal marriage might stick. But our guy is trending and has one of DC's better writers, and the guy is sticking around for more than six issues??? Not to mention a bevy of appearances in other books, video games, and shows this year?????

Ladies and gentlemen, we *may* have finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Although when Taylor did Spider-Man, it was a story about an ancient orange-skinned civilization that existed under New York and was ruled by a tyrant. I'm not sure his instincts necessarily go to "street level", even if he is wrapping himself in the trappings of Chuck Dixon for launch.
    The pitch sounds so uninspired that I'm expecting Blockbuster or the Owls to show up next, haha.

I do think this is an interesting creative team and that cover is absolutely amazing, maybe one of the best Nightwing covers ever, and I love that they got rid of the Batman inspired logo, but it just sucks that so far everything they've said about their run saps any interest I have in the title. I guess at least when Bludhaven fails again I can add more creators to my list who wasted their time trying to write stories in it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hot damn.

So, I just gotta #humblebrag for a second here (apologies and bear with me). I've been saying for years that Dick Grayson is a criminally undervalued IP at DC (which we've all said) and I've listed a bunch of business-y reasons to support this (which isn't as common). And the last few months, I've been saying that DC would be crazy stupid foolish to continue ignoring him, given their shift in goals and increased efforts at market synergy. And I said back in August that it'd probably take a little while before we heard anything definitive about Dick's future in the new DC regime and it'd take 6-12 months for their plans (whatever they were) to reach the shelf.

Today, we found out what DC is gonna do and for once they seem to agree with me and my analysis. It seems a rare thing, I'm usually mind-boggled at their choices from both a creative and business perspective.

But today it feels *so good* to be right. See? This is what we get when DC thinks the same way I do; high value, quality creative teams on characters who will benefit from them!

Taylor seems like a good choice and a higher profile creator than DC has allowed to be on Nightwing in the past. Whether his run is amazing or not, just the fact that he's on the book is a positive sign that DC is taking Nightwing more seriously. I haven't read a ton of his work but I've liked what I've seen and feel like he should be a good fit. I mean, I expected better than Jurgens and Lobdell but I didn't expect the guy who wrote two of DC's most successful Elseworlds in Injustice and DCeased.

I could do with a change of scenery and leave Bludhaven behind (at least for a little bit) and Babs being around makes me nervous that the Death Metal marriage might stick. But our guy is trending and has one of DC's better writers, and the guy is sticking around for more than six issues??? Not to mention a bevy of appearances in other books, video games, and shows this year?????

Ladies and gentlemen, we *may* have finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel!
    The only way the marriage sticks around is if it's as "symbolic" as Bruce and Selina's marriage or they immediately went to file a proper marriage license, but I doubt that's happening.

Amazing Member

I am slowly loving DC again. We got DC's new golden boy writing Nightwing. I expected that he will write Superman, Black Canary, Red Hood, etc. Those fanbases have been shouting for it a long time. Nightwing deserves his own city with Grayson series writing quality. It's great we have Taylor while in his prime like when we had King before his fall in Batman Rebirth.

Man, high school me would be so pumped. I really wanted him on Nightwing for a while after reading Injustice: Year One (despite his demise there lol.) Still pretty cool. The most I've been excited for an oncoming Nightwing writer since the start of Rebirth.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hot damn.

Been with you in saying he's A-List getting sandbagged, and I'm glad they're putting more push behind Nightwing... But I'm cautious with Taylor. I hope to be wrong with him, and Redondo's art is a visual treat. I'm hopeful. I just dread when Taylor finds a way to shoehorn Harley Quinn into the book.

I'm fine with the Barbara relationship being front and center if it's not the focus, but just ignore the fake marriage. Please. I don't even want them married and that feels like a cop-out.

I think Bludhaven, stupid name notwithstanding, can work. It's a holdover from the Dixon run, but that's hist best run so why mess with what worked? I just want Taylor to make it work and build on it. Bring in team-ups. Do something fun, build it into a city that reflects Dick instead of "Gotham's port neighbor that also sucks worse somehow but not in any meaningful wa-- OH MY GOD IS THAT CHEMO WITH THE STEEL CHAIR?!"

But Taylor is a big name based on Injustice and DCeased, so while I dislike those books, this shows DC isn't just treating Dick as a holding pattern at 30-40k readers. That's an investment. That's good news.

That's a top 10 Nightwing cover for sure. I need that thing now.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-17-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Maybe the year of Ric grayson was worth it for this creative team, feels like gold was struck here. Especially excited about Batgirl having a big role.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Been with you in saying he's A-List getting sandbagged, and I'm glad they're putting more push behind Nightwing...
    Right? Vindication!

But I'm cautious with Taylor.
    I'm not that familiar with his work, honestly. I read like, two random issues of Injustice Year One and that's about it. But it's not Taylor that thrills me so much as it's the fact that DC put one of their bigger talents on the book. I have liked what little I've seen from Taylor but mostly I'm just happy that DC didn't get bargain bin basement creators.

And I'm fine with Harley showing up. Taylor writes a damn fine Harley, if those random Injustice issues I read are any indication, and I've long thought the two of them would have a interesting dynamic; there's a lot of common experience between them, if you turn your head and squint.

I think Bludhaven, stupid name notwithstanding, can work.
    Bludhaven was never the problem, and still isn't. The lack of consistency the entire Nightwing IP has been plagued with is the problem. Now, I'd rather see Dick travel the world (and beyond) instead of working out of a single city. But Bludhaven, for better or worse, *is* Dick's town and I'm perfectly willing to give Taylor a chance to make it really shine.

Hell, right now I figure we fans should be pretty upbeat and happy about this. Maybe Taylor isn't the writer some of us wanted, maybe what we're hearing about the direction isn't what we'd do if we were writing ourselves, but DC has put one of their major talents on the book, seemingly for a long run, and that has been sorely needed. It doesn't make up for all the abuse over the years, DC is gonna have to do more than this if they want to earn the fandom's forgiveness. But I'll be damned if this isn't a really good first step. This looks like genuine investment, and I applaud it.

I'm more than happy to welcome Taylor to the book. I hope he does well and sticks around for a long damn time. Let's be honest, the last time Dick got talent this high profile was when Dixon launched the solo twenty+ years ago.

And if nothing else Taylor is giving us an adorable little three legged puppy, and nobody should ever be upset over getting a dog.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.