Page 128 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3481

The thing is. I like Damian's and Dick's relationship. But how does this help Dick? Do we get Damian to appear more in his books? Or maybe Damian simply calls dick to talk to him. One thing is that if we want Dick to be a hero around the world maybe since in the comics Dick was the one to suggest him being Robin. He has Damian look afterBludhaven. I mean slightly changing it up. Well, it does have crime. Bludhaven is much like Dick himself. While facing its ups and downs. It's a bright city. But much like Dick's past, there is Darkness underground. Despite this the people are positive. Always thought Bludhaven should be inbetween Metropolis and Gotham. It's not a dark place but it's not a happy place. It has it's crazies. Or maybe Cassie. We did have Step and Cassie do something.

Damian might have a great dynamic with Dick but he is a Batman support character and part of his cast. It doesn't help Dick. Nightwing writers should be focused on developing HIS own support cast exclusive to him.

As much as Dick and Damian work well together in truth Damian will always belong to the Batfamily.

I don't mind occasional guest appearances but I don't see Dick poaching him. It's better for Dick Grayson and Nightwing if his world remains fairly independent of thing that are associated with Gotham.

Agreed, Dick needs his own characters.

At this point I suppose Dick could probably poach Tim as his own; the only time in the last....nine years? that Tim has really had a presence in a Batman book was the Rebirth 'Tec. But that's still taking a Bat that wasn't designed for Dick.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Tim’s a clone that brings nothing to the table as a supporting character for Dick. Rose still remains the top choice IMO.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-20-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Tim’s a clone that brings nothing to the table as a supporting character for Dick. Rose still remains the top choice IMO.
    And Lor Zod!

Okay, we have Rose. What to do for her. I also would add back Haley's Cirus. We readd Court of owls. Dick rescues talons in training or even awakes some of the talons they are frozen. Dick uses the cirrus as a rehab.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay, we have Rose. What to do for her. I also would add back Haley's Cirus. We readd Court of owls. Dick rescues talons in training or even awakes some of the talons they are frozen. Dick uses the cirrus as a rehab.
    After Haly's Circus was exposed to the Bat-family, they no longer used them for training. I forget what they do in the series Talon but I think it's straight-up kidnapping.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Rose is, of course, an excellent choice but it's still poaching a character Dick's never going to completely own as part of his individual mythos.

Don't get me wrong, Rose *should* be there. In my own fanfic headcanon she's there. But DC isn't going to take Rose away from Slade so Dick can add her to his supporting cast. Not as things stand right now anyway.

Give me an hour with Jim Lee and I'll convince him. I'm a hell of a salesman, I can make it happen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

They have done it before, Nightwing taking her away from her dad, and they have even done it outside of comics. I honestly don’t think Rose is un-gettable. The thing with Rose is she is part of Deathstroke’s mythos, who is part of of Titans mythos. So she already connects. Using her would be incredibly seemless. Deathstroke even further established ground for it.

Literally all it would take is Dick calling Rose and being like hey, heard **** is rough. Wanna come over to Bludhaven for a fresh start with me. Deathstroke probably wouldn’t even appose it. Not saying this is how it should play out, just saying it could be this easy and make sense with what has already been done. They wouldn’t even have to take her away from Deathstroke as it would fit their relationship.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2020 at 08:45 AM.

naxsflut04c51.jpg

variant for Batman #99 by Jorge Jiménez

They have done it before, Nightwing taking her away from her dad, and they have even done it outside of comics. I honestly don’t think Rose is un-gettable. The thing with Rose is she is part of Deathstroke’s mythos, who is part of of Titans mythos. So she already connects. Using her would be incredibly seemless. Deathstroke even further established ground for it.

Literally all it would take is Dick calling Rose and being like hey, heard **** is rough. Wanna come over to Bludhaven for a fresh start with me. Deathstroke probably wouldn’t even appose it. Not saying this is how it should play out, just saying it could be this easy and make sense with what has already been done. They wouldn’t even have to take her away from Deathstroke as it would fit their relationship.
    Oh, it can and has been done, and it's easy as hell to do. I totally agree with you; even right now it's far from impossible for Rose to shift over to Dick's book, especially since Slade's solo is done.

What I mean is, it's unlikely Rose would actually stick around long term. She'd join the supporting cast but once DC decides to do another Deathstroke book, or even a story where Slade features prominently (like another Judas crossover or something) Rose would get yanked out of Dick's narrative. That wouldn't be a horrible thing if it was just for a short crossover, but what if DC decides to do another Deathstroke solo? They're not gonna let Rose live in Dick's book if the Deathstroke writer wants her.

Rose *should* and *could* be part of Dick's supporting cast, and in my fanfic headcanon she is. But editorial needs to change the way it does things if we want her to stick around for good.

~ Black Panther.

What do you guys about Artemis crock as nightwing partner or semi partner. People always say dick works best with a partner and she's popular with no real connections to other characters or franchises. Plus I like there dynamic in yj. What you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What do you guys about Artemis crock as nightwing partner or semi partner. People always say dick works best with a partner and she's popular with no real connections to other characters or franchises. Plus I like there dynamic in yj. What you guys think.
    Well, she hasn't appeared in any comic since Lodbell's TT and is not like Tigress was a particurlary popular villain...so yeah it migth work.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Okay, supporting cast. Do we keep the police commission? How does he meet the cops? I mean unlike Gotham. Bludhaven shouldn't be corrupted. But still should have it's crazy. Maybe in a sense for what it lacks in numbers. It makes up for in just how crazy things can get. He still does need the main villain. I mean if anything wouldn't DeathStorke want to go after Dick more than the Titans?