Page 185 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3481
    Incredible Member

The reason i think the current Nightwing suit works well... and this future version doesn't... id Dick's personal style. he's an acrobat, and jumps around... the current sleek uniform emphasis that. The armored excess of the future Nightwing outfit looks more suited to a brawler.

FS_TT_Cv1-scaled.jpg

FUTURE STATE: TEEN TITANS #1
    Image 1 of 1

(Image credit: DC)
    Advertisement
    written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    When the original New Teen Titans formed a school to mentor and train young heroes, they wanted to help save the world. Years later, Titans Tower is a monument to a graveyard of pupils lost in a terrible battle. Returning to the site of their greatest failure, Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg join Raven to plot a course to face off against the evil that destroyed their team and school. Loyalties are questioned and motives are suspect as the former teen heroes must turn to the mysterious Red X—a former student—for help. Don't miss the first comics appearance of this Red X, previously seen only in the hit animated TV series Teen Titans Go!

Red X is such a popular character in other media with a recognizable look and name that I'm surprised that they didn't bring the idea into the comics sooner. Though I think that they may be wasting it on Convergence 2.0
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah, I'm not interested in a Nightwing's story dedicated to a new Batman, and the New Titans sound like an X-men story but at least is a Titans' story.

Out of all the possible things they could've done on a line called Future State they give us that. I'm not saying it's going to be trash because I haven't read it but it doesn't interest me much.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    FS_TT_Cv1-scaled.jpg

FUTURE STATE: TEEN TITANS #1
    Image 1 of 1

(Image credit: DC)
    Advertisement
    written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    When the original New Teen Titans formed a school to mentor and train young heroes, they wanted to help save the world. Years later, Titans Tower is a monument to a graveyard of pupils lost in a terrible battle. Returning to the site of their greatest failure, Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg join Raven to plot a course to face off against the evil that destroyed their team and school. Loyalties are questioned and motives are suspect as the former teen heroes must turn to the mysterious Red X—a former student—for help. Don't miss the first comics appearance of this Red X, previously seen only in the hit animated TV series Teen Titans Go!
    So this is Nightwing Nightwing. The IGN article did mention the time is set from 2030 to later but they're not necessarily back to back so this can be the far future
    They look good for 40 somethings

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Red X is such a popular character in other media with a recognizable look and name that I'm surprised that they didn't bring the idea into the comics sooner. Though I think that they may be wasting it on Convergence 2.0
    Yeah, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Amazing Member

It's great Nightwing is being pushed again. Feels like Rebirth again. Justice League, Batman books, Teen Titans, etc. It's great to be on the rise again. Let's forget that Ric ever happened because I will.

Notice how Red Hood and Batgirl didn't have their own miniseries, while Tim has. Tim solo? I love Red Hood but I won't mind replacing his series with a Tim Robin series. Tim deserves it after how badly DC treated him. Also nostalgia, 2020 is really killing me right now. It feels like 5 years already. This year is making me desire the good old days.

I'm glad that Dick seems to be showcasing in at least a couple of these books. Not totally sold on the doom and gloom of it all but some of this stuff sounds interesting. Hell I'm even kind of warming up to the idea of a bottled Metropolis. The fact that it's just a two month deal definitely helps, it's more of a "eh, let's see if this short ride is fun" thing rather than a "this is the new direction they're gonna be pushing for years? WTF?" thing.

The armored riot suit is okay. A little too bulky and low-tech for what I'd want to see on a regular basis but decent enough for this. And this is an older Dick, he's certainly slower than he used to be and needs a little extra protection.

We'll see. Honestly, I haven't been by my LCS in a few months and I'm not feeling the loss. 2020 might be what ends this hobby for me. And this Future State thing isn't getting me too excited either but some of it does look interesting enough for me to get, if I haven't cancelled my pull by then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing variant cover by Nicola Scott.
    https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...459457/photo/1

Makes you wonder just how far into the future they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Makes you wonder just how far into the future they are.
    10 years, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    10 years, apparently.
    10 years for some, futher into the future for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Yeah, I'm not interested in a Nightwing's story dedicated to a new Batman, and the New Titans sound like an X-men story but at least is a Titans' story.
    I don't get why Dick didn't pick up the cowl again, assuming everyone thinks that Gotham needs Batman (and in this case it seems so). Who is better suited?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    10 years for some, futher into the future for others.
    With Dick looking around his 30s or 40s? I don't think it's going to be further than 15 years into the future.