Page 196 of 233 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    ...I'm about to become one of those otaku

Extraordinary Member

I love them both

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What have been the standout runs/storylines during the Rebirth era for everyone? I just finished the Dick/Babs/Raptor issue. Trying not to get too far ahead, since I’m still waiting for the Red Hood books to arrive (1-25 should be here tomorrow).

The Raptor issues are the best Nightwing stuff during Rebirth.

The collectibles are looking good. Nearly as good as the samurai collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What have been the standout runs/storylines during the Rebirth era for everyone? I just finished the Dick/Babs/Raptor issue. Trying not to get too far ahead, since I’m still waiting for the Red Hood books to arrive (1-25 should be here tomorrow).
    I agree with Godlike13 that the Raptor arcs are great. Especially the first “two” arcs that are basically one arc. The later issues were good too but not as outstanding.

Though for me Humphries’ arc is the best of Rebirth. I read it collected, which might have added to my enjoyment. The villain was great (and should come back), the supporting characters stood out, especially Guppy, and Detective Svoboda was given some spotlight, which only felt right.

I also think Nightwing #9 and #43 are great single-issue stories. As are most stories that focus on Dick’s non-bat-relationships.

I struggle with the Humphries’ arc. It kind of repeated the same loop, and didn't really accomplish or say anything with Dick. Except for the Gym thing. Which was like, ehh, not exactly my favorite perception on Dick to lean on. But Judge was interesting and it did try to add and build on the new Bludhaven.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I struggle with the Humphries’ arc. It kind of repeated the same loop, and didn't really accomplish or say anything with Dick. Except for the Gym thing. Which was like, ehh, not exactly my favorite perception on Dick to lean on. But Judge was interesting and it did try to add and build on the new Bludhaven.
    We didn’t exactly see that one thru

If the Judge arc had kept Chang on the whole time it would have gone down as one of my favorites and an instant recommendation. Instead, it was merely rather enjoyable.

So much of what sold it for me was Chang's vibrant art. The neon pinks of his Blüdhaven perfectly compliment his light blue suit. For what it's worth, the Judge's look was so slick that it got me to start listening to Father John Misty's music for a bit.

Better Than Batman and Rise of the Raptor are by far the best Nightwing stories of the Rebirth era, and quite possibly ever.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-12-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Speaking about the art. I think both Better Than Batman/Rise of Raptor and The Untouchable suffer a bit because they didn't get the creme de la creme of art, but the former at least had Fernandez for the whole arc(s). Chang's and Campbell's art didn't complement each other very well.

That being said The Judge arc/The Untouchable pretty much encompasses to me who Dick Grayson is in a lot of ways. It helps that it spotlights Dick as Robin and as Nightwing (+ his college time). It's my comfort TPB, lol.

I wonder if Raptor was partially so impactful because Seeley doesn't often invent completely new characters? He was primarily the one to bring all the Wildstorm characters into Grayson, King and he used a lot of older characters to fill Spyral, then he tried to reinvent the pre-existing Blüd characters and even Pigeon wasn't entirely new...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Speaking about the art. I think both Better Than Batman/Rise of Raptor and The Untouchable suffer a bit because they didn't get the creme de la creme of art, but the former at least had Fernandez for the whole arc(s). Chang's and Campbell's art didn't complement each other very well.

That being said The Judge arc/The Untouchable pretty much encompasses to me who Dick Grayson is in a lot of ways. It helps that it spotlights Dick as Robin and as Nightwing (+ his college time). It's my comfort TPB, lol.

I wonder if Raptor was partially so impactful because Seeley doesn't often invent completely new characters? He was primarily the one to bring all the Wildstorm characters into Grayson, King and he used a lot of older characters to fill Spyral, then he tried to reinvent the pre-existing Blüd characters and even Pigeon wasn't entirely new...
    I can't remember who it was who speculated that "Better Than Batman" was a repurposing of the plans for a later arc of "Grayson", with Tiger in the Raptor role. Charismatic older man who's not from Bruce's world of privilege who earns Dick's - and the readers' - respect before dragging Dick into murkier and murkier waters...

Found it quite a convincing theory at the time - and I'm sure there was some talk early on in Grayson that there was a long term plan to give Dick a definitive Villain, at about the same time they were bringing Tiger in.

I just hope if dick is to keep bludhaven that DC at least let bludhaven keep its Vegas look and feel. It give bludhaven an identity of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

Fernandez is one of my favorite Nightwing artists. His pencils could be a but rushed sometimes due to semi-monthly shipping, but his storytelling was and is superb. The final issue of Rise of the Raptor he absolutely killed it. His recent Nightwing commissions on Twitter have been amazing, I'd love to have him back sometime. I loved Chang as well, I'd take him back too in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I can't remember who it was who speculated that "Better Than Batman" was a repurposing of the plans for a later arc of "Grayson", with Tiger in the Raptor role. Charismatic older man who's not from Bruce's world of privilege who earns Dick's - and the readers' - respect before dragging Dick into murkier and murkier waters...

Found it quite a convincing theory at the time - and I'm sure there was some talk early on in Grayson that there was a long term plan to give Dick a definitive Villain, at about the same time they were bringing Tiger in.
    I was and am still pretty big on this theory. As a big fan of Grayson, I would love to see more of Tiger in Nightwing. The question now is how to handle him. Should he be a partner like in Rise of the Raptor, or should Spyral be returned to a semi-antagonistic organization that Dick competes with?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

FUTURE STATE: NIGHTWING #2

written by ANDREW CONSTANT
    art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    card stock variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

It's an all-new dynamic for the Dynamic Duo when Nightwing and Gotham's mysterious new Batman join forces against the Magistrate. But when the totalitarian force controlling the city declares the two heroes their primary targets, Nightwing will need to call on the full force of his hidden resistance, including two Batgirls, Huntress, and Two-Face! But even then, will it be enough? Find out in this action-packed conclusion!

I don't know how all of the Nightwing solicitations get posted here before I can find the whole solicits anywhere online, but I do appreciate it! Still not super interested in Nightwing: Future State beyond Scott's art. But I am looking forward to the Titans one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I don't know how all of the Nightwing solicitations get posted here before I can find the whole solicits anywhere online, but I do appreciate it! Still not super interested in Nightwing: Future State beyond Scott's art. But I am looking forward to the Titans one.
    I follow Newsarama on twitter, they usually the first site to post the solicits.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future...vers-revealed/
    Last edited by Drako; 11-13-2020 at 07:48 AM.