Page 119 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3481

Creatively I agree, but from a marketing perspective it’s not the best move. After 2 year of Ric, that has lead to absolutely nothing postitive except for the prospect of Nightwing’s return. To bring him back, only to then do nothing for months on end, wastes any potential marketing momentum his return might have.

Plus let’s be honest with ourselves, odds are they’d make Dick sit unpublished only to still just slap on the most convenient mediocre creators they can find. Like Titans Hunt/Rebirth Titans for example.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-04-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Creatively I agree, but from a marketing perspective it’s not the best move. After 2 year of Ric, that has lead to absolutely nothing postitive except for the prospect of Nightwing’s return. To bring him back, only to then do nothing for months on end, wastes any potential marketing momentum his return might have.
    I agree that Dick coming back only to disappear for a few months is damn bad business and wastes his return. But his solo book is being bypassed anyway. His head wound didn't happen in Nightwing, his return isn't happening in Nightwing......and while doing all this in Batman's book puts more eyes on Nightwing in theory, all it really does is reinforce the idea that he's just a sidekick with no value as a solo IP. That's far worse business than putting the Nightwing comic on the shelf for a minute during a big continuity shuffling Event.

I mean come on, these are/should be big moments in the character's narrative....and they're not even happening in his own comic. The Nightwing book isn't being used to generate any hype or interest, DC is just ignoring it while letting everything important play out in Bruce's book. And that's been happening for ages now.

And it looks like Dick will be leading a JL arc during Metal 2, so even if the solo is put on hiatus for a while Dick will still be around.

They put Nightwing's book on hiatus and all we'll miss out on are more bad Jurgens stories. That's a gain as far as I'm concerned. There is such a thing as bad press and the Nightwing comic has been nothing but bad press for years now.

If DC had a gods damn clue, none of this would be happening the way it is. But they're f*cking incompetent and at this point, it'll do Dick more good to have his comic put on hold while Metal 2 plays out. Dick will be showing up in JL, the solo is a worthless pile of crap, and it might give DC the chance to put together a good creative team that can re-launch Dick's solo using the hype and momentum of Metal 2, Dick's return, role in JL, new creators & direction, and probably the new continuity Metal 2 will likely usher in.

It's a sad state of affairs but the solo isn't helping Dick at all, so removing it *temporarily* does nothing but save Dick from some crap stories.

DC, if you're reading this.....just give me the gods damn book. Let me edit and/or write it and dictate what is done with Dick Grayson. Y'all clearly don't give a sh*t, and I'll do it for the smallest fee you're legally allowed to offer. Seriously, it's damn near impossible to do a worse job than you already have; give me the book and you can earn a little goodwill on the idea of giving a fan a shot at the big leagues and save a little cash from my super-low salary. I promise you, within a year I'll have Dick selling twice what he currently is. Give me three years and I'll make him Top 25. Fellow poster Dropkick has read the first draft of a script I wrote; he'll tell you that, at a bare minimum, I'm no worse than Jurgens or Lobdell has been and I'll charge you less.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey I’m at the point id rather they kill Dick off as Ric. I’m not saying they shouldn’t kill the book, it needs to die. In my opinion as it is it shouldn’t even be on the selves, and everyone involved should honestly be ashamed of themselves that they actually release it, but I’d let it die with Ric. Rather then have it waste a return by having him come at the very end, and then just have him randomly wonder off somewhere for months till they eventually figure out something to do when its most convenient for them.
    But its probably more important the new Batman team get some pandering points, then actually building any momentum or ground for Nightwing itself.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-04-2020 at 01:26 PM.

I feel ya, but I don't think it actually matters right now. Jurgens is still gonna be on 75 right? And all the important crap is happening elsewhere, so....it doesn't really matter what the solo does at this point. Virtually nobody is reading it anyway. You're right that it is a waste, but....what *hasn't* been a waste at this point?

Far as I'm concerned the current title and the next few months until Metal 2 ends are just....whatever. When the Event is done and all the presumed continuity BS is finished, that's what I'm waiting for. Will DC give us a decent creator and stop treating Dick like a f*cking sidekick and try to capitalize on his popularity and impressive larger media profile? Or will they keep screwing us and shooting themselves in the foot and leaving money on the table?

I feel like we have reason to have a little bit of hope that things will change under Lee. But I don't think we have reason to think that we're in the clear, either. Nowhere close. Once Metal 2 wraps, I think we'll see what DC under Lee will really look like; that's what I'm waiting for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Currently nightwing is a over glorified sidekick whose main story's are driven by the batman book. That's why I believe it's time for nightwing to move to a new home because nightwing needs his independence from batman and the bat mythos in order for growth.

My fear for post metal 2 is DC goes with the same old same old not just for nightwing but the team books aswell. The same teams with the same rosters with the same relationships. Straight BORING!

If you had to pick the writers who would you pick?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Currently nightwing is a over glorified sidekick whose main story's are driven by the batman book. That's why I believe it's time for nightwing to move to a new home because nightwing needs his independence from batman and the bat mythos in order for growth.

My fear for post metal 2 is DC goes with the same old same old not just for nightwing but the team books aswell. The same teams with the same rosters with the same relationships. Straight BORING!
    Home is where your family is and Dick Grayson won’t leave his family so it is impossible to ever have what your asking

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Home is where your family is and Dick Grayson won’t leave his family so it is impossible to ever have what your asking
    Really the only way would be something happening and Dick and the Bats take a break

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is more of a matter of editorial divisions than the story

What led to Dick being transferred to NTT department again?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is more of a matter of editorial divisions than the story
    Exactly. Dick has already left not only Gotham, but the entire Bat editorial group.

And he'd probably be much better off if he did again. The Bat office isn't using him to his potential and everything that matters with him is happening in other books, so what's the damn point? Send him to the JL or Super office, maybe the people there will appreciate him and treat him right!

And the Titans are Dick's family as well. It's not just the Bats. And Dick also has that super well known "uncle" over in Metropolis too.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-05-2020 at 09:37 AM.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I get on very well with my family, for the most part. I live in a different city, and am capable of doing my day job without constantly running into them.

Likewise, when I do see them, very few people ask which of my brothers is the Heart and which is the Brain.

Dick should be capable of being a fully independent entity without there being some contrived reason for him not having his tea at Wayne Manor. It's part of being an adult.

On the other hand, if he *is* still viewed as a sidekick - we need better "Dick The Sidekick" stories. Bruce and Dick are the classic comic book double act, with a long history and a rich dynamic - and they're inherently associated with each other. But when was the last story where Bruce and Dick actually teamed up, rather than one making a cameo in the other's book?

That's that's Bruce's family, where Bruce is the head not dick. Part of growing up is moving the hell out and starting a family of your own.

But if family is important for Nightwing than can someone explain to me what the heck was the new52 teen titans?

DC had no problem of moving nightwing on that "family".
    Nightwing is like the character angel from buffy a great supporting character but wouldn't have ever reached his potential without getting his own show and independence.

But nightwing wouldn't get his independence so nothing going to change for him so I don't care anymore.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 07-05-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. Dick has already left not only Gotham, but the entire Bat editorial group.

And he'd probably be much better off if he did again. The Bat office isn't using him to his potential and everything that matters with him is happening in other books, so what's the damn point? Send him to the JL or Super office, maybe the people there will appreciate him and treat him right!

And the Titans are Dick's family as well. It's not just the Bats. And Dick also has that super well known "uncle" over in Metropolis too.
    Right what is the damn point!
    Is nightwing in the bat office just to be there? Outside of being fodder for batman, more will they won't they with babs and some interacting with Damian from time to time. What is nightwing gaining from the bat office again?

And as far as family goes isn't dick closer to characters like superman, wally, donna and starfire than he is with 90% of his "batfamily".

Fans overrated how close the batfamily is and act like dick grow up with most of them. The members of the batfamily dick grow up with were just bruce and alfred. Dick didn't meet babs until he was in his mid teens. The rest of the batfamily dick didn't even meet until he was already a grown adult.

The characters that dick did grow up with were Titans like Wally and Donna and Leaguers like Superman. Batfamily is overrated!
    Last edited by WonderNight; 07-05-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If you had to pick the writers who would you pick?
    Matt Fraction, Chip Zdarsky, or hell, maybe even Bendis.

Playing that game makes sad . 90% of names are creators not even in the ball park of what we actually end up seeing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-05-2020 at 12:13 PM.