Page 137 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3481

So i decided to read the rest of the Ric era that has been published so far and man that was boring and unremarkable, i think that my "favorite" issue is the one with Barbara with the meta commentary about accepting and giving a chance to Ric, it was hilarious. Jurgen run has been just boring thought, it feels like is dragging it's feet until Joker War. Also read the annual, they were boring, also Jesus christ Bruce was wrong with you?!.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So i decided to read the rest of the Ric era that has been published so far and man that was boring and unremarkable, i think that my "favorite" issue is the one with Barbara with the meta commentary about accepting and giving a chance to Ric, it was hilarious. Jurgen run has been just boring thought, it feels like is dragging it's feet until Joker War. Also read the annual, they were boring, also Jesus christ Bruce was wrong with you?!.
    My hope is that we're going to move past this so hard that it'll only be a footnote in Dick's 80 year history.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    My hope is that we're going to move past this so hard that it'll only be a footnote in Dick's 80 year history.
    Oh it's definetly gonna be a footnote, there is nothing about it worth keeping, i'm not even angry about it, just whelmed the uninspired execution, is like a guide to "make it boring, unmemorable and a bit annoying" and surprised that lasted this long.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Anyone heard the rumors that Nightwing will be in the new Gotham Knights video game?

Ric will live on in infamy.

Detective Comics #1027 variant cover by Tony Daniel.

I don't know why, but this art seems a little off to me.

Game of Thrones, Bat edition.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Detective Comics #1027 variant cover by Tony Daniel.

I don't know why, but this art seems a little off to me.
    ....Is this a hint that they're putting Babs back in the chair as Oracle?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    ....Is this a hint that they're putting Babs back in the chair as Oracle?
    I don't think so. She appears like Batgirl.

Maybe she will have a biggest focus in an Oracle role (that she could do when she walks).

Didn't we have a promo image for after Joker War that showed Babs yelling at her computer too?

Maybe they are shifting Babs back towards the Oracle role, presumably without the crippling gunshot wound this time. I don't think I'd be terribly surprised if they did, Babs has had a good run or two as Batgirl but largely seems like she doesn't matter; she's just another ancillary Bat with little to set herself apart from the legion. Returning to her Oracle duties would go a long way towards making Babs matter again.

Or maybe it's just a weird Daniels cover and doesn't mean anything.

But *if* Babs is getting a little effort and DC is trying to get her to stand on her own two feet again (you know what I mean) then I feel like that might be a good sign that Dick will get some more effort than DC has given him in recent years too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't we have a promo image for after Joker War that showed Babs yelling at her computer too?

Maybe they are shifting Babs back towards the Oracle role, presumably without the crippling gunshot wound this time. I don't think I'd be terribly surprised if they did, Babs has had a good run or two as Batgirl but largely seems like she doesn't matter; she's just another ancillary Bat with little to set herself apart from the legion. Returning to her Oracle duties would go a long way towards making Babs matter again.

But *if* Babs is getting a little effort and DC is trying to get her to stand on her own two feet again (you know what I mean) then I feel like that might be a good sign that Dick will get some more effort than DC has given him in recent years too.
    Any effort is better than zero. Right now my threshold to be impressed by DC's handling of Nightwing is very low.

At least he has pretty good tv representation right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I read that some Titans appear along Nightwing in that preview for Batman #100 (I didn't notice).

I just hope the new direction for Nightwing isn't what I fear.

Making Barbara Oracle again would make her a "more important" supporting character but guarantee that she loses any long term title. But you could also just make Batgirl have a more prominent presence outside of her book and not hamstring her writers.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Making Barbara Oracle again would make her a "more important" supporting character but guarantee that she loses any long term title. But you could also just make Batgirl have a more prominent presence outside of her book and not hamstring her writers.
    Well, if Barbara becomes Oracle while she can walks, she could still be part in direct battles. Many people even say her current suit doesn't look like a Batgirl suit.

However, Oracle name isn't an iconic name as Batgirl. So, it will totally depends if Barbara Gordon name could mantain a solo. It would be a big risk.

That said, Barbara using Oracle name in a solo could be a bump of sales at first (especially on a relaunch).
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-10-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I read that some Titans appear along Nightwing in that preview for Batman #100 (I didn't notice).

I just hope the new direction for Nightwing isn't what I fear.
    What is your fear?