Page 172 of 233 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Snyder wanted Duke to be Robin, but he just couldn't do it because of Damian. I feel like there was a flashforward in his run where Duke was shown as Robin, or maybe it was another black Robin. I know in that Future's End story he was Robin there. It's just I don't think the Signal is ever going to catch on with how crowded the Batman family and DC's collection of young heroes are now. There is just no room for him and with long form superhero comics being even more niche than ever before I don't know if there is an audience to support him enough to keep him around. It really feels like DC stretched the Robin identity out too much and now these group of characters are kind of cannibalizing each other for pieces of history, stories and relevance where it gets frustrating for their fans.

We've been seeing Tim struggle to find an identity and direction after moving on from Robin for a decade now. It's been a mess in my opinion. Having him lead young hero teams is the only thing that has been keeping him around it feels like, but none of those teams have been that successful. The recent Young Justice book that got a big push completely flopped. I have been wondering if DC will pull a Wally West or a Helena Bertinelli and just race swap Tim to be black to fill that black hero role DC desperately wants in Gotham, but doing that would pretty much mean the death of characters like Duke probably. Which goes back to my point about how these characters are cannibalizing each other.

I really just wonder what these kind of comics will be like 5-10 years from now. I get that creators will still want to create new characters because it is better for them financially to do so, it is one reason why you are seeing Tynion create a bunch of new characters in his run, but it feels like we are already at the breaking point with how many characters these kind of comics can realistically support.
    His first black Robin was right before he created Duke.
    Duke already caught on with fandom but the number of fans has only been enough to support a mini and an ensemble title.

The rest of the fans that want to support him already have their own faves before Duke and not enough money, not to mention we each got our own specific beef with DC with how our main faves are treated so automatically they're gonna take priority

Right now he's still better than most because the creator and his friends want to support him so he'll keep coming back in one-shots, minis, or team books to keep, hopefully, attracting new audience

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No he shouldn't. He started in We Are Robin, leading a gang of unofficial Robins. When he officially joined the Bat family, he decided he should have a unique identity instead, and became The Signal. Becoming a Robin would be a backward step for him.
    It’s just inevitable

I just re-read some of the pre-N52 Nightwing Issues, and the Justice Society helping Dick move from New York back to Gotham has always stuck with me because it's such a nice addition.
    So, I was wondering if there are any other Issue in which Dick interacts with them in New Earth continuity?

I'd be surprised if not, because the 1999 Titans team had a future JSAer in the roster. The Society should be linked to Nightwing through Jesse Quick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah, thank you. That's a starting point that's already paid off.

I'm curious if NIghwing were to get a team-up book who would you want to see? I would like to see some lesser-known heroes. I would love to see Diana and Dick team up they don't get many scenes together.

Dick and Diana are my 2 favs so I'd love for them to team up alot more. Also more superman would be great also.but there's so many character's dick could have team ups with like wally and cyborg or characters who are stuck in limbo like vixen or vibe.

I still believe the Nightwing solo should be about dick's adventures across the dcu with regular team ups with others heroes.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 09-25-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Diana and Dick would be cool. I think writers wouldn't try to make one of them better than the other and I think they could easily go into a spy angle with them again.

Midnighter and Nightwing would be great to. I enjoyed their "Nemesister" angle and I liked what Orlando did with their friendship in Midnighter.

Nightwing and Robin (Damian, of course), which is a no-brainer to a lot of people, I think. (btw... Dick still hasn't been introduced to Jon, right?)

Nightwing and Batman. Yes, yes I'm going there. I think interactions between them are great. Gotham Nights #5 made me aware of that recently again. I just miss stories that have them teaming up, also Batman Crossovers could be dumped into a team book instead of interfering with a Nightwing mainbook.

More Deadman and Nightwing please.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nightwing and Batman. Yes, yes I'm going there. I think interactions between them are great. Gotham Nights #5 made me aware of that recently again. I just miss stories that have them teaming up, also Batman Crossovers could be dumped into a team book instead of interfering with a Nightwing mainbook.
    That's a very good point, especially about crossovers. Dick and Bruce have a very strong bond and a long history, and they absolutely should hang out - the problem is that a Dick solo isn't a great place for that.

(Also, historically, Bruce's impact has often been felt in a negative way and in his absence from the page.)

Call it The Dynamic Duo, and make it the book for the bigger, more colourful Batman Universe style adventures.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    More Deadman and Nightwing please.
    I really love the idea that even in death, Boston can't figure out how to do the quadruple somersault. He'd possess Dick to rehearse it and get it down and even then he just won't be able to. "Son of a bitch makes this look so damn easy! WHY!"

And then they bond over funnel cake.

I'm partial to launching a new volume of Brave and the Bold with Nightwing as the anchor, so lots of team-ups!

Some basic, obvious ones: Tim, Oracle, Starfire, (bonus points if neither really play into the ship), Damien, Wally and Donna

But some fun other ones would be: Power Girl, Superman, Black Lightning, Deadman, Zatanna, Constantine (they would haaaate each other), Green Arrow and Black Canary.

And because Dick is so well-connected, I'd do a begrudging villain team-up with one of the less heinous ones, like a Flash rogue or Giganta or something.

I'd bring Didio in to write Nightwing/Wally during their next bad future issue (because we know it's a matter of time) just for the pure schadenfreude. It would hurt me as much as anyone else, but knowing it's just some tongue-in-cheek disposable tie-in that means nothing I'd probably just enjoy it like popcorn during a bad movie.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-27-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Thanks for turning me on to this issue. That was fun. No over the top attempt to be a seminal work, just fun batman stuff. I'll pay it the highest compliment I can, it felt a bit like TAS to me (with a bit of '66 puns thrown in).

What about Dick and Zatanna? Or Dick and John Constantine. I would like Dick to have at least one mythical villain almost all heroes in Dc have on. In a sense, another Nightwing book could just be team-up books with many other superheroes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Mythical villain for Dick... I only remember him fighting an Acheron demon once in New 52 and he acknowledged that this isn't really his field

His old series is grounded so he only fights mercenaries and mobs

Oh I want him to partner with Andrew Bennett, shirtless New 52 version, that will be so hot

I mean shouldn't we open his rogues to another type of villains? Which is why I kind of want him to have different team-ups. It allows him at least to know more about other ways. I mean if Bruce can fight the occult why not Dick? Maybe Dick and Plastic Man?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-30-2020 at 07:08 AM.