Page 25 of 233 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Yeah its funny how people forget why shawn was created in the first place. Dick needed something to connect him to bludhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Shawn could have easily lived in Gotham and there'd hardly be any difference. Probably the only decent thing to come out of new Bludhaven, along with She Bullock (forgot her name, but her and Harvey on the force together would be gold).
    Svoboda and Bullock on the force together is an inspired idea.

In hindsight the mysterious Batwoman was only ever going to be Dick's daughter.

I want to know more about Dick's life in Beyond and his road to Mayor and Divorce. That's unlikely I know but I'm still curious

The issues with Dick have been good either way I hope we keep getting more of him in that world.

Extraordinary Member

Am I able to change the title

No, have to ask a mod.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Svoboda and Bullock on the force together is an inspired idea.
    I agree, and I'd go further to say I don't think Bludhaven needs to be a separate city from Gotham. Even after almost 30 years of its existence, I still feel like it works better if it's a borough rather than a sister city.

Bludhaven should be like Hell's Kitchen... part of Gotham that becomes Nightwing's "exclusive" territory.

Bludhaven is already like Hell Kitchen. Too much so, it’s one of it’s biggest pitfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I agree, and I'd go further to say I don't think Bludhaven needs to be a separate city from Gotham. Even after almost 30 years of its existence, I still feel like it works better if it's a borough rather than a sister city.

Bludhaven should be like Hell's Kitchen... part of Gotham that becomes Nightwing's "exclusive" territory.
    I think the last thing Dick needs is to be tied even tighter to Bruce and Gotham. DC already treats him like a sidekick, and one with less autonomy than even Damian. Making Bludhaven a neighborhood in Gotham.....you might as well just say Dick never stopped being Bruce's junior partner.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the last thing Dick needs is to be tied even tighter to Bruce and Gotham. DC already treats him like a sidekick, and one with less autonomy than even Damian. Making Bludhaven a neighborhood in Gotham.....you might as well just say Dick never stopped being Bruce's junior partner.
    Yeah I really don't get it, do people really what nightwing to be up under batman and batfamily that much. He's just a sidekick in a sea of sidekicks now, wanting dick that close and under batman, batfamily and Gotham kill his potential and I wouldn't blame DC for not giving a crap about him.

Seriously what's the point of him growing up and becoming nightwing in the first place if he's just going to continue to be batman's sidekick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, it just depends on how it's executed. Catwoman had control of the East End in the Brubaker era, and she wasn't Batman's junior partner... she was as independent as Nightwing's ever been, yet she was still in Gotham.

Bludhaven hasn't established itself as anything more than Gotham Jr, and worse, the name is stupid... so why not just incorporate it into Gotham? It makes no difference where he's at, really, because when the Batbooks need him, they'll get him.

Just treat Gotham like NYC is for Marvel... big enough for all sorts of different independent heroes who have links to each other but, like, Daredevil isn't Spider-Man's junior partner.
    Last edited by gregpersons; 02-03-2020 at 07:18 PM.

No, it just depends on how it's executed. Catwoman had control of the East End in the Brubaker era, and she wasn't Batman's junior partner... she was as independent as Nightwing's ever been, yet she was still in Gotham.

Bludhaven hasn't established itself as anything more than Gotham Jr, and worse, the name is stupid... so why not just incorporate it into Gotham? It makes no difference where he's at, really, because when the Batbooks need him, they'll get him.

Just treat Gotham like NYC is for Marvel... big enough for all sorts of different independent heroes who have links to each other but, like, Daredevil isn't Spider-Man's junior partner.
    you can't compare nightwing to catwoman. Catwoman is a female love interest for batman and everything about her is about the batman mythos. Nobody at DC ever says catwoman is redundant with batman or Robin but nightwing?

Yes bludhaven makes nightwing into batman jr.

You can't turn gotham into nyc, Gotham is built from the ground up for batman, It's his kingdom. Don't believe me just go to wonder woman's and green arrows thread and say you'd want them In Gotham and see what they say.

Seriously what is the point of dick becoming nightwing if he's just going to be under batman? What's the difference between being robin or nightwing anymore. They mine so well pull a babs and make dick robin again at this point.

Anything new going on? Haven't payed attention to comics for a few months now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Anything new going on? Haven't payed attention to comics for a few months now.
    Crimes of passion tommorow

Selina was never a sidekick. You're right, it does depend on execution and Dick working in Gotham *could* work.

But if he's supposed to be an independent hero and not a sidekick, he can't operate as a sidekick. The Robins also operate out of Gotham "independently" and Dick doing the same is just him sidekicking.

Bludhaven hasn't established itself as anything more than Gotham Jr, and worse, the name is stupid...
    All depends on the execution doesn't it?

And who said Dick's only options are Gotham or Bludhaven?

But Gotham is Batman's town. Marvel NYC was made for cohabitation.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm so disappointed, the Crimes of Passion book didn't give me any Nightwing x Catwoman!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm so disappointed, the Crimes of Passion book didn't give me any Nightwing x Catwoman!
    smh. What a tease. They never give us the really juicy crack storyline's that are guaranteed to piss tons of fans off but are obviously worth it. We get Ric. Boring story that pissed us off and just keeps going and going and going.