Page 201 of 233 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, has Dick gotten his memory back yet or is he still Ric?
    He finally got his memories back

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    He finally got his memories back
    That's fantastic and this long two year Dan Didio nightmare is over. I read that Tom King didn't even want to have Dick lose his memory, just have him in the hospital trying to get his motor skills back. That sounds better than Ric Grayson.

I want Dc to keep Dick single for a while l. I’m want him to get grounded and plus I’m tired of Dc still putting down Starfire to make Babs look better. I just want Dick in a stable relationship. Dc should add a third option if Bruce can have one why not our boy. The question is who in the Dc line works.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    That's fantastic and this long two year Dan Didio nightmare is over. I read that Tom King didn't even want to have Dick lose his memory, just have him in the hospital trying to get his motor skills back. That sounds better than Ric Grayson.
    I read many things about Tom King mostly I keep coming across articles and interviews blaming every single bad decision or decisions from his run that were met by fan back lash on editorial. Every single one.

Curious. I recall Dan coming and saying on 2 seperate occasions that married batman is for elseworlds and that it was never going to happen while Tom King kept stringing fans along in interviews and on his social media. Telling them to keep buying since his run wasn't over. That just because their wasn't a wedding in #50 doesn't mean there wasn't going to be one.

Tom kept reminding us that he had a 100 issue run so that we are still 50 more issues to go where there was more to come from batcat.

They didn't get married of course and it was all a big old carrot at the end of a stick for shippers.

Point is I don't believe Tom king when he says he had a plan for Dick after the shooting.

i don't think he even considered what impact that would have on Dick's title. his thought process just stopped at what if we get a baddie to shoot Dick Grayson! Bruce's most treasured ally shot in the head! and it stopped there.

At least Didio is gone so we can't blame it all on him from now onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I want Dc to keep Dick single for a while l. I’m want him to get grounded and plus I’m tired of Dc still putting down Starfire to make Babs look better. I just want Dick in a stable relationship. Dc should add a third option if Bruce can have one why not our boy. The question is who in the Dc line works.
    Honestly what do you even do with nightwing at this point? Maybe a back to basics, but nightwing needs a serious reset not just the book but the character also. I fear come March thing are just going to be more the same as we have now. But I don't want to be a downer so all I'll say is I hope we nightwing fans have some interesting good story's post future state.

But I also hope dc give dick a basic fondation to start from.

1. Bludhaven is an Vegas/ Atlantic city themed city. The city should be one giant Halys circus and a inverted Gotham.

2. Dick is the owner of Halys circus in the Vegas Bludhaven. Dick starts up the circus as a way to help the people of Bludhaven by way of jobs and entertainment, also to blend in with the rest of Bludhaven.

Bludhaven and Halys circus are the only things of dick's that's his that DC let's dick keep in his own mythos, so why not have them work together as a fondation and theme for nightwing. What do you guys think.

Part 2

3. Amy Rohrbach, Instead of dick becoming a cop (9 to 5 doesn't work for nightwing) have Amy be nightwing's connect with the Bludhaven police department. Like a young batman with a young detective Gordon. One working inside the force Amy and Nightwing working outside.

4. The runoffs could return as employees at Halys circus as dick's supporting cast.

Just going back throughout Nightwing's solo history and take the things that has potential (and dc would allow because they already did) and being them together as a solid fondation for Nightwing.

I like those ideas.

I wish the other writers would have built up on Seeley's and Humphries' feel of Vegas Blüdhaven. It's definitely not too late to do that.

I'd argue DC only keeps the Circus in his mythos to kill them off but a new direction could revitalize them and give Dick a good supporting cast. There are already some archetypes and I wouldn't mind if they brought Clayton Williams (the strongman from the Titans series) into the comics. Dick and he worked well together. I can't really see the run-offs as part of Dick's circus, maybe some of them but not all of them. Another character for the circus would be Guppy imo.

When it was first announced that Dick would go back to Blüdhaven, I hoped to see characters like Amy, Nancy, and even Amygdala again. Integrating old characters would be neat. I wouldn't mind seeing Jenny and Marionette from Higgins run again. These two stood out to me the most back then. I wouldn't want Amy to just exchange Elise Svoboda though. They should be able to co-exist like Gordon and Bullock.

Speaking about potential: Raptor, The Judge, and Blockbuster should be reoccurring villains. A death cop out with Raptor isn't far fetched, and Blockbuster should go back to his changed origin that Seeley introduced. The old Blockbuster's storyline finished with Devin Grayson, so I enjoyed the new take, but Jurgens seems to have retconned that in the Annual this summer.

If DC could remember that Spyral exists that would be neat too.

I’d give Dick as a solo a break. Not that I think Titans is in any better shape, or even big on this Titans Academy idea, but kill his current series and let some of the stink wear off for a couple months. This way no one can pull the he has a solo bull with Titans. And then they have to actually use him how Titans need to use him, as the face of that franchise, and then spin off a Nightwing solo from there. We know what a Nightwing the Bat character solo looks like, but what does a Nightwing the Titans solo look like. Of course this is also dependent on DC wanting to get more serious about the Titans and improving how they present them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-21-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Bea was garbage. A complete nothing character that offered nothing to the story. I'll never understand why people defend her. She had no character beyond being "nice" and Dick magically fell deeply in love with her to the point where she was somehow the most important person to him in his life. It was completely unbelievable. Nothing was built up with their relationship and she has about as much depth as a spoon. At least with a Shawn she had some layers to her where she felt like an actual character but Bea had nothing. She is a textbook example of how not to create a love interest, imo.
    Yea she and the replacement Nightwings are more or less the same thing - generic “good” people who have no depth beyond that. We know that RDick was in love with her because he said so, not because of anything he actually did. And then he broke up with her for the hackneyed old “her own safety” reason - even though that doesn’t make her any safer. And then he lied to her about the reason because I guess they wanted to give him an excuse to cry. It’s oh-so-predictable and oh-so-shallow.

What a mess of a storyline. TBI becomes “amnesia” which then eventually becomes mind control. He gives up the Nightwing ID so that he can... more or less do exactly the same thing in a different (and dumber) outfit. He starts a new life as “Ric” which consists of him meeting exactly one person. And then everything resolves in the most cliche way imaginable.
    Cheers - CL

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I'm soooo glad Nightwing is Nightwing again

Ric himself was just a generic good person with no depth beyond that he was Dick. In fact literally everything was generic and without depth. Every villain turned into a mustache twirler, even Bludhaven was stripped of all the color and Vegas like characteristics. But of course. Cause that’s what’s going to happen when they go to uninvested generic creators to construct this storyline. You get generic everything with little actual care or thought put in. All the old formulas get abused as they are so conditioned to do at this point. The purpose becomes just to get something to print, and not to actually produce something genuinely interesting or of quality.

And even with Dick back it’s all still the same. Going through the motions with generic, quick to produce, crap. Oh, how sad. The poor tortured superhero can’t have a lover cause it’s dangerous to be around him. What a new and fresh idea that we can sympathize with. Totally not just a well dated industry trope being cut and pasted.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-23-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I'm soooo glad Nightwing is Nightwing again
    As am I, what a relief. *whew*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Future State Teen Titans takes place after Future State Nightwing. I was expecting the other way around.

Hmm, maybe it's Damian after all? Or we get another Dick Grayson was cloned plot (though I don't believe that)?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dark Detective is separated by a year? Then the prisoner can be Bruce