Page 64 of 233 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

I think if Dick had quit after Damian died, it wouldn't have lasted. Dick doesn't know any other life. And I don't think he really wants one, even if he tries to talk himself into believing it sometimes. A year after the funeral, and Dick would've been back swinging across rooftops.

He may have taken the opportunity to dump the Bat cowl and gone back to his own identity though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Why is not getting along with Jason a weakness though?

Jason tried to kill him, Tim and shot a 10 year old boy in the spine. When Dick was captured and tortured in Forever Evil, Jason didn't lift a finger to help him but upon learning Dick was alive the first thing he did was throw a punch. Dick was recently shot in the head, the only interaction Jason has had with him is to tell him he's not part of the family, at a memorial service for Alfred no less. He has no reason to like Jason. How is it that Dick is always held accountable for their poor relationship but Jason gets a pass?
    Not to want to argue, I don't want someone to complain about Jason fans intruding here again, but wasn't the one who shot Damian that time other guy, though? Flamingo during Dickbats, and then Heretic killed him in inc.

Edit: I lost my quote halfway posting it seems.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Not to want to argue, I don't want someone to complain about Jason fans intruding here again, but wasn't the one who shot Damian that time other guy, though? Flamingo during Dickbats, and then Heretic killed him in inc.

Edit: I lost my quote halfway posting it seems.
    You know what you could be right. Probably are. Jason was the fake death trap? I need to reread that run

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Why is not getting along with Jason a weakness though?

Jason tried to kill him, Tim and shot a 10 year old boy in the spine. When Dick was captured and tortured in Forever Evil, Jason didn't lift a finger to help him but upon learning Dick was alive the first thing he did was throw a punch. Dick was recently shot in the head, the only interaction Jason has had with him is to tell him he's not part of the family, at a memorial service for Alfred no less. He has no reason to like Jason. How is it that Dick is always held accountable for their poor relationship but Jason gets a pass?

You know what you could be right. Probably are. Jason was the fake death trap? I need to reread that run
    Geez, it pains me to remember. Jason was so unJason in that run, there's a reason no Jason fan likes it. But as far as I remember, Jason seized Damian and hold him hostage in some bizarre scheme. It was around the first twelve issues, I think.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think if Dick had quit after Damian died, it wouldn't have lasted. Dick doesn't know any other life. And I don't think he really wants one, even if he tries to talk himself into believing it sometimes. A year after the funeral and Dick would've been back swinging across rooftops.

He may have taken the opportunity to dump the Bat cowl and gone back to his own identity though.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Not quitting superhero, just the Batman cowl.

After that... did Zucco died in Post Crisis, was Year 3 still canon?

It was in BFTC where Jason shot Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was in BFTC where Jason shot Damian.
    He wasn't responsible for Damian getting his back broken, was my point.
    Jason has attacked Tim (mostly, and hard), Damian and Dick as some point.
    Same as Damian has attacked Jason and Tim. Or Dick and Tim going for Jason in Countdown.

Yeah, familial love at his finest.

No, he was just probably responsible for him getting a new lung. And yes, those are comparative.

Wait. I thought Jason and Dick somewhat fixed his relationship with Dick. So should or shouldn’t they have a good relationship?

Shouldn’t. Just because Lobdell rips off Tim’s origin doesn’t excuse Jason’s multiple attempts to maim and/or murder the others. Sometimes it’s ok not to get along with someone.

Shouldn’t. Just because Lobdell rips off Tim’s origin doesn’t excuse Jason’s multiple attempts to maim and/or murder the others. Sometimes it’s ok not to get along with someone.
    Lobdell didn't rip off Tim's origin.

Is it that hard to believe that Jason would go to the circus and be amazed by the Graysons, when the Graysons were touring and stopping in Gotham every year or so? I would rather believe it was a common thing for kids then.

And then Jason got to meet the real stuff. It's something you end up remembering because it is memorable.

Edit: and they worked fine before that. In Seeley's Nightwing, in Batman and Robin Eternal. In Robin War. It's not too weird or unbelieabable that they sort of made amends, to certain degree.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Hard to believe, maybe maybe not. Original, certainly not.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought people agree that Battle for The Cowl is stupid and shouldn't be canon? At least that seems to be the consensus back when it came out? What's with Damian randomly picking up girls, Jason randomly going on a rampage even though he should've been at least smarter than that, and it is Tony Daniel's first writing gig which he bound to get some things wrong?

I remember everyone back then suggested to skip Battle for The Cowl and go with Batman Long Shadows instead if they want to read about Batman transition.

Hard to believe, maybe maybe not. Original, certainly not.
    Well, originality is subjective. Tim's origin still has a lot of differences. For starters, he witnessed the actual murder. And then (years later), seeked for Dick. You could argue a lot of Tim's gimmicks were copying other characters, that doesn't mean he was unoriginal or uninspired. Probably the only original thing in the whole Robin franchise is the concept of a (kid) hero sidekick itself (which is why Dick is "the original sidekick"), as the partner of an adult hero. And I'm not sure it wasn't something that happened in adventure books back in the day.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: things inside () are addenda of my edit