Page 148 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3481
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I remember some comments about how Dick was a little less talk than his Pre-Flashpoint version back when the New 52 started, but i never gave it much thought, comic books are rarely consistent with heigths.
    I wouldn't be surprised that Dick was taller as Batman.

It is clear DC use the height as a certain symbol of hierarchy in the Bat-Family. Just look New52 Batman #1 when Bruce appear along Dick, Tim and Damian.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-20-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like Dick being a little short (by hero standards) is pretty much the norm. Kory is much taller than he is as well, and basically always has been.

No idea what Dick's official height is, but I'm pretty sure he's just of average height, which makes him look short compared to the towering giants that are most superheroes.

Personally, I think it's a great detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I remember some comments about how Dick was a little less talk than his Pre-Flashpoint version back when the New 52 started, but i never gave it much thought, comic books are rarely consistent with heigths.
    Dick's 6' Pre Crisis and 5'10" starting later Post Crisis
    Kori's 6'3" Pre Crisis and getting shorter as time passes until she's the same height or shorter than Dick depending on the artist
    Bruce is always 6'2"
    Babs used to be 5'10-11" and changed to 5'8" starting New 52
    Jason's official bio tend to go with 6'-6'2" but the art always makes him shorter than Dick starting New 52 because they like that Batfam stairs
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Kori's 6'3" Pre Crisis and getting shorter as time passes until she's the same height or shorter than Dick depending on the artist
    Bruce is always 6'2"
    Babs used to be 5'10-11" and changed to 5'8" starting New 52
    Jason's official bio tend to go with 6'-6'2" but the art always makes him shorter than Dick starting New 52 because they like that Batfam stairs
    "Batfam stairs" that's too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    "Batfam stairs" that's too funny.
    Yeah, but unfortunately, it's true. Most artists draw them taller or shorter depending on their order of creation, sometimes depending on their hierarchy in the fam too. That's why Jason's and Tim's height are so inconsistent art wise.

It's too inconsistent too mean anything. Like the skin tone, hair cut, eyes' color. Birthday. In the end is a visual medium, they may use characteristics and design to tell a story or just because it looks cool, whatever fits the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Kori's 6'3" Pre Crisis
    5'10" is what I remember for Dick. Or maybe it was 5'8" or something. I think he was the exact average height for an American male, which is pretty short by superhero standards.

Not that height means anything in comics or is ever treated with any consistency. But I like it when Nightwing is short compared to his peers.

So a preview for Batman 99 is up. I'm glad the Ric nightmare is almost over. I still probably won't read the book until Jurgens leaves....but I gotta admit I'm tempted to grab 75; it's been a long time since I got an issue of Nightwing and I'm feeling the itch.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dang, I am really digging the art!

The benefit of being included in the actual event for once and not the event's sub-event is good art lol.

Astonishing Member

Oooh!

When Williamson goes on Titans - which surely he will do, after this and his "not finished with the Flash Family" tease - can we keep Xermanico too?

Damn, that preview was like a cup of water in a desert. Been too long Nightwing was in something that seemed like it could be even semi competent.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hang on I'm counting again
    Rebirth backstory timespan is around 10-15 years
    Dick here is based on New 52 around 16 years old
    He's adopted as a child in King's Batman, unclear age

Okay yeah I can work with this

Say as an example Rebirth back story is 15 years
    Current Nightwing - 25 years old
    9 years ago - Justice League first meeting - 16 years old
    4 years further (13 years ago) - Adopted - 12 years old
    That still leaves 2 years - 15 years ago - Batman Year One

I mean there's no set age for his childhood so it can range between 10 to 12 years old but placing it at 12 conveniently set it in Batman Year Three

Well it makes sense if it's just Dick but you add Tim and Jon, and you have Dick meeting the League for the first time around the same time Jon was born and Tim already Robin and meeting Kon
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-21-2020 at 11:11 AM.

They are going to use the shitty New 52 Robin costume aren't they and ruin it all?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They are going to use the shitty New 52 Robin costume aren't they and ruin it all?
    He ain’t going back to the leotard and pixie boots soooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He ain’t going back to the leotard and pixie boots soooooooo
    Fine. Put pants and boots on his iconic costume then. It is such a simple fix but they keep reusing the awful New 52 costume. It looks so dull to me. The fucking Teen Titans cartoon of the early 2000s understood this but modern DC Comics can't for some reason.