Page 113 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3481

NIghtwing's butt history

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    NIghtwing's butt history

Hmm she must of missed that recent panel

.....can't tell if talking about Dick's ass is a sign of how bad things are with the character right now......or just business as usual in the fandom......

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    .....can't tell if talking about Dick's ass is a sign of how bad things are with the character right now......or just business as usual in the fandom......

A bit of both really.

How often should DIck ever took up the batman mantle?

Very rarely! Nightwing has already been reduced down to robin status and people viewing nightwing as a stepping stone to batman. Not his own hero.

Not very often in my opinion, as much as I like DickBats is really doesn’t do much for him, it hasn’t risen his profile or importance to the DCU in fact I think it’s done the opposite. Instead of coming off a an equal to the Trinity and the other major members of the league he instead comes off as Bruce’s second string replacement. Ultimately putting on the cowl should be an absolute last resort for Dick not something he would do without hesitation when being Nightwing at that moment would have been just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    Not very often in my opinion, as much as I like DickBats is really doesn’t do much for him, it hasn’t risen his profile or importance to the DCU in fact I think it’s done the opposite. Instead of coming off a an equal to the Trinity and the other major members of the league he instead comes off as Bruce’s second string replacement. Ultimately putting on the cowl should be an absolute last resort for Dick not something he would do without hesitation when being Nightwing at that moment would have been just as good.
    This.

You know when Dick should take up the mantle again?

Never.

It's done nothing but reinforce DC's perception that Dick is only Bat-lite. It does nothing to help establish Dick as his own man, his own hero, or his own IP.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In The New 52 one, his gloves are armored with compartments for various gadgets.

I don't remember with that particular costume, but there's another costume where there's a circle of Utility-Belt-like cylinders around the hem of his gloves and boots

This is a good close up. There are those pockets
    Attachment 97692
    I think it would be nice if they brought that back again. I mean secret compartments. Gives him a element of secret

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I think it would be nice if they brought that back again. I mean secret compartments. Gives him a element of secret
    Apparently, in the newer classic costume, his gloves are really fat

JAN040220_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    This was the end of Blockbuster arc

Of course, I prefer pockets. This one looks goofy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This.

You know when Dick should take up the mantle again?

Never.

It's done nothing but reinforce DC's perception that Dick is only Bat-lite. It does nothing to help establish Dick as his own man, his own hero, or his own IP.
    Yeah. But DickBats was so good. I will even say he is a better Batman than Bruce. Black Mirror and B&R run was better than any Batman and B&R run post-New52. Dick may be Batman but like Wally he improved his legacy. Dick wasn't a Bat-lite, he was improved Batman. If DC make Nightwing into improved Batman, Dick can truly shine. He is the best parts of Batman and Superman. The greatest leader in the DCU. The Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Yeah. But DickBats was so good. I will even say he is a better Batman than Bruce. Black Mirror and B&R run was better than any Batman and B&R run post-New52. Dick may be Batman but like Wally he improved his legacy. Dick wasn't a Bat-lite, he was improved Batman. If DC make Nightwing into improved Batman, Dick can truly shine. He is the best parts of Batman and Superman. The greatest leader in the DCU. The Nightwing.
    I agree that Dick's a better character than Bruce, and was a better Batman. Dickbats was great.

But Dick being Batman doesn't help Dick, it helps Batman. And end of the day Batman will always be Bruce Wayne, whether Bruce is wearing the cowl for a particular story or not.

Like that new Snyder project? It's great that DC's biggest writer is gonna write Dick, and Snyder writes a pretty damn solid Dick Grayson. I look forward to that story. But if the story has Dick in the Bat cowl, that doesn't help Dick; it doesn't make him a bigger, better character, it doesn't make him more popular or attract new fans to Nightwing. It'll just be a Batman story with someone else in the cowl; a sidekick who stepped up for a second. It'll help Batman, not Nightwing, even though it's not Bruce in the costume.

And Dick? It'll just reinforce the notion that he's still just a sidekick, working below Batman, waiting to take over the family business instead of being his own man.

I'd really rather just see Dick shipped off to the Super office. Especially while Bendis is still around, I feel like Dick would get treated a lot better there.

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I wanted to chime in and say how happy I was with how DC treated Dick as Batman. If it was another story about trying to live up to Bruce, it would have a been a boring re tread. Instead, he became his own (Bat)man, smart, solid, and unafraid. It was as good a Batman run as we’ve seen in decades.

Once again maybe it's time for Dick and the bats to slipt for a bit. I don't mean in a falling out. Rather maybe it's time Dick to go on a break from Batman comics. And just be his own thing. Like on Titans or just his own special event

Extraordinary Member

The thing about DickBats is that it’s an asset and a reinforcement of the value of Dick Grayson as an IP... but it’s not an asset to Nightwing as an IP, so if a prevailing view says that “Batman” is a more powerful IP than Bruce Wayne, but Bruce Wayne is the best IP for Batman’s civilian identity, than it doesn’t help Dick Grayson.

Basically, if/when Dick finally gets the respect he deserves int he larger culture, his time as Batman is an edge and a measurement of his value... but as long as people don’t value Dick Grayson enough, it’s not nearly as much of an asset.

Basically... Dick needs his profile raised even more, likely in movies, and the Nightwing IP itself could use some likewise promotion.

Honestly... I think it might be time to consider something like putting Nightwing on the Justice League instead of Batman, and have him occupy Bruce’s traditional place for a while.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP