Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
On the list of things that make Nightwing seem like batman lite bludhaven is no 1052.
On the list of things that lead to him being treated like a batman supporting character 'The actual root of all the characters issues and the thing that holds him back' bludhaven isn't even a factor.

Bludhaven makes zero difference to him being close to the Bat Ip. Nightwing a non-powered costumed hero is always going to share to similarities with Batman.
All the Bat characters are pretty much Batman lite including the metas and the 'anti heroes'

Red Robin doesn't have a city yet it's more batman like than Nightwing has ever been

The city isn't the issue.

Nightwing is.

Agent 37 was the sweet spot but I don't know how marketable in the long term that is.
I want saying it's bludhaven that makes nightwing into batman lite (it doesn't help). I ment was that bludhavens problems are the same as nightwing's to close and similar to what its spinning off of.

Yes nightwing and batman will have similarities and they should, batman WAS (not is) his mentor. But being similar and too similar.

Just have him be agent 37 as nightwing. Meaning agent 37 style missions and tone but as nightwing.