Page 80 of 233 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3481

SCOTT SNYDER's NIGHTWING Pitch: How Gotham Would Be Different Under His Mantle

https://www.newsarama.com/50017-nigh...tt-snyder.html

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

So wait, is that saying Dick puts the Bat-mantle back on or is it during a previous point where he was already Batman?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Given Snyder’s DickBats is awesome, I’ll be excited for the story. But if he really will take up the cowl, it just goes to show how little the Nightwing identity means to DC. And if it’s an elseworlds it won’t be doing much for the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So it's not a Nightwing pitch after all. That's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So wait, is that saying Dick puts the Bat-mantle back on or is it during a previous point where he was already Batman?
    It sounds like he takes over for Batman, but AS Nightwing. That's how I interpreted it. Wouldn't make sense for his time as Batman to be explored only to have him do it again.

Sounds like it might be a non DCU project. Kind of like Murphy's White Knight book where he has the freedom to do what he wants with Gotham but with Dick as the focus here maybe. The scope he is talking about feels too big for Dick's normal solo book, which is great. One of the biggest things I find frustrating about Dick's solo Nightwing book is how small the stories are in scale when you have a character with 80 years of DC history to play with. So many of his stories just feel inconsequential and repetitive and if Snyder wants to do something bigger in scope then that is great.

I mean I’m down for it no matter what, I’d like to read an actual Nightwing story and I like Scott Snyder’s writing so, win win for me overall.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, Snyder says the story is about Dick taking over for Bruce, and looking at Dick at each stage of his career. So it's likely a non-continuity miniseries, or possibly 5G. If 5G is even happening anymore and those Luke rumors prove to be false.

So, Snyder writes a quality Grayson and almost anything would be better than what we've had lately. But it makes me laugh that he's doing "a comprehensive view of Dick's full career" and is still ending up with Dick in Gotham doing detective work. I mean....really? That's the bar? Dick just taking over the family business? I was hoping for more.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

I personally have to say that I only like the Nightwing Costume of Rebirth and not the Animated Version which covers also the nose or the Perez Versions.

I like the domino mask and the simplicity of the Nightwing Rebirth Costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

See Snyder gets it. It’s not about things like being the best detective, it’s about how to be more unique as a detective. As Batman, Nightwing, or Agent 37 ill take whatever I can get from creators who get it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-30-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Here ya go. There are three variations of that for ya. Plus two more closer to Mulletwing for funsies. (And so I could re-use my template )

I'm not a huge fan, but my brother says it gives him Invincible vibes. I definitely still prefer the black and blue overall, but some of these would be fun for something styled in a semi-retro fashion like The Batman Brave and the Bold was or as an early Nightwing costume like the Rocafort one.

Thanks! Cool.

Yeah, I can see the Invincible, and the yellow collar doesn't work as good as I thought. I think because of the dark blue can contrast with his light skin while the yellow swallows it.

The top right works for me because of its simplicity and contrast, but it also reminds me of Batgirl lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, Snyder says the story is about Dick taking over for Bruce, and looking at Dick at each stage of his career. So it's likely a non-continuity miniseries, or possibly 5G. If 5G is even happening anymore and those Luke rumors prove to be false.

So, Snyder writes a quality Grayson and almost anything would be better than what we've had lately. But it makes me laugh that he's doing "a comprehensive view of Dick's full career" and is still ending up with Dick in Gotham doing detective work. I mean....really? That's the bar? Dick just taking over the family business? I was hoping for more.
    yeah out of all the things nightwing could be he just in up becoming replacement batman.

I mean a detective in Gotham? (Man bludhaven does nothing for nightwing) and snyder wonders why people see him as batman lite.

But then again what else could nightwing be under the bat office?
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-30-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So wait, is that saying Dick puts the Bat-mantle back on, or is it during a previous point where he was already Batman?
    He wishes to make a story he didn't get to make. Not The Court, but other ideas he didn't get to tell yet during Dick's time as Batman

He also wants to make Dick's stories from each beginning of his career akin to Robin Year One and Nightwing Year One, but something of his own.

It can be out of continuity or within continuity. They can just slip all these stories as part of his lengthy back story similar to Legends of The Dark Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    See Snyder gets it. It’s not about things like being the best detective, it’s about how to be more unique as a detective. As Batman, Nightwing, or Agent 37 ill take whatever I can get from creators who get it.
    100% - I get a bit tired of the Top Trumps school of characterisation ("Tim as a score of 76 against Being A Detective whereas Dick only has 55"/"Ah, but Dick has an 81 for Heart!"), so it's refreshing to hear Snyder talk about Dick having different skills rather than placing him a line compared to other characters.

Liking what Snyder's saying here, he really seems be interested in exploring and doing right by Dick's character - even if, on the face of it, it's a bit Gotham-focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'm definitely going to check out whatever this ends up being.

Yeah, I'm concerned that this will just be more Bat-lite crap. The last things I wanted to see in Nightwing is the Bat cowl and Gotham. But Snyder writes a good Dick Grayson, and if this story is hitting all the major eras of Dick's career then there's gonna be something here for all of us. That's pretty great, and after putting up with Ric for two years all of us deserve at least a taste of our favorite Grayson. I really don't want more DickBats; after Ric all I want is quality Nightwing. But Snyder writes a good Grayson and anything is better than what we've had lately.

And what have we all been saying for the last few years? That Dick deserves some investment and needs some big name creators. Well, here we are, DC's biggest writer is doing a project with Dick. Time to put our money where our mouths are, and at least give this an issue or three to see where it goes.

I'm also wondering if this isn't going to end up being Snyder establishing a new normal for Dick. It might just be an Elseworlds or something, a "What If Dick stayed Batman?" but what little was said in that article is reminding me of Johns' Superman: Secret Origin mini, which sought to establish a baseline history for Superman as well as define the approach for the future of the franchise. It was a god awful story, one of the worst Superman tales I've ever read, but the intent of SO sounds a bit like what Snyder is saying here. And I wouldn't be against Snyder establishing a new, polished baseline status quo for Nightwing.

Y'know, Jim Lee said he'd protect the character. I think we're starting to see what he meant by that. And so far it's a hell of an improvement over Didio. Even if this does end up being a Elseworlds so Snyder could write more DickBats, it's more than Didio gave us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.