Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

No, I've just read in the Deathstroke topic that he made the pitch and was refused.
    But I remember he saying that Dick is a boring character (not by himself, but how he is written) and needs a new development, starting with the mask: he wanted to give him a mask which shows his eyes, instead of hiding.
    Also, he wanted to bring Dick (and Damian) in the Defiance story line.
    I think Priest asked to work on character development, as being a leader and a mentor to young heroes, and also making some shady choices (like in Lazarus Contact), but it's hard to guess more.
    I'm still hoping Priest can write at least a Titans run.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ain't that the truth (on both counts).
    I'm not kidding when I say this thing has went on about A YEAR too long.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    My dream writer is Priest, but DC refused his pitch. Right now I'm fine with everybody except Jurgens, Abnett and Lobdell, but Dick truly needs a top writer. Even Snyder said he wanted to write a Nightwing run!
    Yeah I would've taken Priest on Nightwing in a hearbeat. Deathstroke was great. He wrote a pretty good Bruce and Damian so I can see him writing Dick good.

I'm willing to give just about anybody a try at this point. Tynion seems to be a part of future plans in some way. At least that's a start.

Does Dick need a sidekick? I don't know due to being with Bruce I don't know if he would want another

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Does Dick need a sidekick? I don't know due to being with Bruce I don't know if he would want another
    For all intents and purposes, Damian was Dick's sidekick.

Sidekicks are kind of a Batfamily thing.

This comes to a point what does it mean to be a sidekick. I generally see Dick taking someone and mentoring them

Extraordinary Member

Tad did not work out

Should he be a mentor ? That instead of having a sidekick to maybe take his place. He makes sure mentoring becomes a way to help his mentee

Dick's had partners and sidekicks in the past. Damian, the guy from the Dixon days Nite-Wing, before Dick found out how unstable he was. Not to mention he's trained roughly three billion Titans, Rose Wilson, etc etc.

So it's entirely in character for Dick to take someone under his wing. And beyond that, if you want Nightwing to be a big deal in comics, having a sidekick or legacy or junior partner, whatever you wanna call it, is one of those boxes you should check if you can.

In my mind the only real question is who Dick takes on as a junior partner?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This comes to a point what does it mean to be a sidekick. I generally see Dick taking someone and mentoring them
    A sidekick that isn't a part of the Batfamily might be fun to see. Since Wally's kid's are back, maybe one of them

Rose Wilson.

This is a lovely cover.

Nightwing is going to be a busy boy in this anthology. I'm looking forward to it but is this treating Dick like a piece of meat?

In this title of all the things put out by DC he gets multiple use. End of 2019 DC online was celebrating his Ass. I wish they would dedicate their time to thinking up serious projects for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Rose Wilson.
    I like the idea of Rose as Dick's sidekick. She's not part of the bats
    Dick already has interesting history with Wilson's so it isn't out of nowhere
    Their personalities contrast enough to keep things interesting.

Maybe a character that hasn't been used in a while. Or someone who has a close relationship with Dick.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.