Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 658
  1. #346
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    I would like an original character or one that's never revealed. Just don't make it another Dc Character that'll just add more sides to the shipping war.

  2. #347
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    As much as I loved Seeley, Shawn always felt pretty forgettable. He never really wanted to do Bludhaven, and I think that Shawn is a product of that. "Oh well I have to do this? Um... here is a... *checks notes* ...love interest."
    I like Shawn especially after the Nightwing must die arc. She levelled up a lot

  3. #348
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I like Shawn especially after the Nightwing must die arc. She levelled up a lot
    Shawn wasn't a bad character, to be sure. But in the grand scheme of things, just not that up there.

  4. #349
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Oh isn't this canon?
    If I understand right, vols 5 and 6 of Beyond are set in the Futures End continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #350
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If I understand right, vols 5 and 6 of Beyond are set in the Futures End continuity.
    it's set in the rebirth continunity. future ends only meant to bring them in to mainverse they even mention dick getting shot by kgbeast

  6. #351
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,347

    Default

    Then that's ANOTHER set of characters listed on the Fandom wiki incorrectly. They have Conner and Bart from Young Justice listed as Prime Earth when both are actually definitely the pre-Flashpoint characters and thus should be listed as New Earth. In Conner's case that means they have two different characters' stuff mixed in together, and it'll be the same for the Beyond characters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #352
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    As much as I loved Seeley, Shawn always felt pretty forgettable. He never really wanted to do Bludhaven, and I think that Shawn is a product of that. "Oh well I have to do this? Um... here is a... *checks notes* ...love interest."
    I think he was a little more into her then that, because he seemed happy to be introducing some new romance in Dick's life, but maybe his lack of enthusiasm for Bludhaven effected how he wrote her.

  8. #353
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was a little more into her then that, because he seemed happy to be introducing some new romance in Dick's life, but maybe his lack of enthusiasm for Bludhaven effected how he wrote her.
    Yeah, in effort to be comical I may have minimized his investment in her, but he certainly had much more enthusiasm for Batman's global strike force of one. I think he lack of enthusiasm for the city permeated every arc set in Bludhaven and influenced her as much as anyone. In any case, there was never a point where she felt like a character that would outlast her creator.

  9. #354
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,927

    Default

    Shawn could have easily lived in Gotham and there'd hardly be any difference. Probably the only decent thing to come out of new Bludhaven, along with She Bullock (forgot her name, but her and Harvey on the force together would be gold).

  10. #355
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    981

    Default

    I liked Shawn. I was actually kinda bummed when her pregnancy turned out to be a false alarm. Out of the MANY women Dick's been paired with, both in and out of canon, she's the only one aside from the usual two that I really have a damn about seeing him with.

  11. #356
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Shawn could have easily lived in Gotham and there'd hardly be any difference. Probably the only decent thing to come out of new Bludhaven, along with She Bullock (forgot her name, but her and Harvey on the force together would be gold).
    Svoboda. I like her too.

    The problem with Shawn was they rush it. She's just introduced and now she's suddenly the love of his life, they do a date montage, and fans of Kori didn't take kindly to Kori being relegated to just a college fling that's not comparable to Shawn, which, objectively, they're right, Kori wasn't just a college fling.

    Also, Seeley (and King) is the one who makes Dick says he'll always come back to Babs.

    So when Seeley left and she doesn't appear again, then it's back to DickBabs tease, it only serves to reinforce the idea that... yeah... we figured that it's not gonna last that long

  12. #357
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Svoboda. I like her too.

    The problem with Shawn was they rush it. She's just introduced and now she's suddenly the love of his life, they do a date montage, and fans of Kori didn't take kindly to Kori being relegated to just a college fling that's not comparable to Shawn, which, objectively, they're right, Kori wasn't just a college fling.

    Also, Seeley (and King) is the one who makes Dick says he'll always come back to Babs.

    So when Seeley left and she doesn't appear again, then it's back to DickBabs tease, it only serves to reinforce the idea that... yeah... we figured that it's not gonna last that long
    In the timeline they created she is a college fling from 17-21 then they split and then barely talk anymore
    The problem that kori has never dated anyone else after dick of any significance aside from Roy

  13. #358
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In the timeline they created she is a college fling from 17-21 then they split and then barely talk anymore
    Yeah, and that's the other problem. In a long time characters like these, people's emotional memory of a classic story will be stronger than whatever new facts DC makes because that's what a good story will do to readers. So if the new facts they make are not better than what they have, it will be rejected.

    So the thing they shouldn't do when promoting a new love interest is not to downplay the old one.

  14. #359
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,364

    Default

    The post New 52 Nightwing books had nothing to do with that.

  15. #360
    Fantastic Member L.H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Shawn could have easily lived in Gotham and there'd hardly be any difference. Probably the only decent thing to come out of new Bludhaven, along with She Bullock (forgot her name, but her and Harvey on the force together would be gold).
    This. I liked Svoboda since her first appearance. Shawn was interesting for a couple of issues, than the rushed romance and the whole pregnancy plot ruined everything. I'm still pissed of for the Dick/Helena relationship, top.
    And I agree with Restingvoice: downplaying the old love interests doesn't make the new one appealing
    Last edited by L.H.; 02-02-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •