Page 19 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    I was reading some back issues the other day and this same line of thought came to me. If Dick has to be an echo of Batman, then it should be silver age Batman. Fun, outlandish, and definitely not street level. I think the Spyral stuff and some elements of Morrison and Seeley captured this side of Dick the best.
    Right?

How many books are like that right now? Not very many. Could be lots of fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

All we know it’s going to end this year. I mean who should Dick be with? I mean would Superman’s editorial office be any better?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    All we know it’s going to end this year. I mean who should Dick be with? I mean would Superman’s editorial office be any better?
    Honestly I don't know. Damian [I think Jason might be a well] is under the Superman office. He hasn't had a bad time like Dick but it didn't stop the Bat Books using him as a device as and when needed.

The most important thing is there being a clear plan for the characters future. Management keeping an eye on how he is used.

Example Damian was placed off limits making him unavailable for some stories. The reason. Danger of over exposure. That is good since someone was mentoring.

The bad. Priest's 1st draft of lazarus Contract was rejected because the Damian was m,ore like Priest's regular Damian but editorial deemed him too soft leading to a re-write and we all know how that version acts in comparison to the Damian in Deathstroke.

So there's good and bad but at least someone in that office was watching what was being done with the character. Dick Grayson it doesn't feel like anyone is watching/checking what's being done.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm with dietrich; there's pro's and con's to Dick moving offices. I personally think the pro's would outweigh the con's, but that's just an assumption.

I do think, right this very moment, it could be a good thing for Dick. Bendis is driving the Super bus these days, and Dick is a character right up his alley and in his sweet spot as a creator. I'm sure Bendis wouldn't mind getting his hands on a character like Dick, if only to provide something different from what he's doing in the main DCU right now, where he's dealing with not just super powered people, but people on the very upper end of the scale.

It also puts Dick under the creative control of a writer with enough pull to do what he wants. So if Dick really is getting sabotaged by upper management, Bendis provides a lot of protection Dick doesn't have right now.

I'd be interested in seeing Dick switch offices, but I don't know if we'd actually be better off. I doubt we'd be any worse though, so it's a risk I'd be willing to take.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Heh. Comichron December sale is up. Nightwing, I mean Ric, hits a new low of 19,000something

They held up better, for far longer, than they had any right to. I applaud our fellow fans for sticking with such an awful book and direction, even though that loyalty meant DC could drag this out much longer than they should have without being penalized for it.

But for reals, next time something like this happens guys, just drop the book quickly.

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing is a ip that’s been around. Shops will order a set amount just for the selves.

That's a good point.

~ Black Panther.

Ah Remember when Dick was the face of DC's espionage corner and we had Grayson, Midnighter and Suicide Squad together? It was like dick was the head of his own family of books for a second.

Good times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Ah Remember when Dick was the face of DC's espionage corner and we had Grayson, Midnighter and Suicide Squad together? It was like dick was the head of his own family of books for a second.

Good times.
    He never interacted with the Suicide squad, the corner no longer exist

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He never interacted with the Suicide squad, the corner no longer exist
    whatever. His writer tim seeley was put on the book at the same time he was writing Grayson to connect them just like Grayson and Midnighter where connected.

That corner still very much exist, Leviathan and Leviathan: checkmate anyone. And damn sure exist more then anything in bludhaven.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-21-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    whatever. His writer tim seeley was put on the book at the same time he was writing Grayson to connect them just like Grayson and Midnighter where connected.

That corner still very much exist, Leviathan and Leviathan: checkmate anyone. And damn sure exist more then anything in bludhaven.
    Their so irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their so irrelevant
    More so than the streets of Bludhaven will ever be.

Gotham reminds me. Can we make Bludhaven interesting? If this is his home we got to have Dick’s city be cool.