Page 79 of 233 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If this costume was blue, it would be my favorite ever. He has the gauntlet that serves as a utility belt, has that spikes in his arms, reminiscing of his time as Batman, the stripes, a lot a cool details. I really like this suit.

The only bad part is the red.
    By and large I agree; Booth did a good job giving the suit some weight and making it look like more than just spandex without losing the sleek design sensibility (for the most part). The red was problematic, and I think he was a little *too* detailed, but generally I thought it was a damn viable design, outside of the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I've had the same thought that the blue and yellow look would probably be a better representation of the character. But... I like the black and light blue look too much to give it up.
    Yeah, I'm not willing to give it up either, it's as close as we've got to a iconic design for Dick and I'm loathe to give that up. But if a bit of yellow could be worked in here or there without losing the suit's recognition factor I wouldn't complain.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Does anyone else what the gliders he had back? I'm curious. The more I think about it Dick does have other talents that haven't been explored. He did in some comics play the guitar. Why not have him be a guitar tutor? Or some type of music tutor
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-27-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Someone has to draw it first since I've never seen a yellow that works for me. I don't even like light blue. I only like the dark blue or red. More dark blue than red.

I like the glider. It's functional.

Agree about the glider. If only there were some way to combine the DCAU version with the George Perez version:

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-28-2020 at 06:08 AM.

I'm conflicted about the glider. It 100% come down to execution. If it was used right it would be cool to see Dick flying through the air with "the greatest of ease," sailing and looping acrobatically, but it could also be used as a shortcut for lazy visual storytelling where he just glides everywhere and could come off as way less dynamic that his typical Spider-slinging way of getting around.

It's not exactly the same thing, but what I'm thinking of here is the glider from Tomasi's run, where he just flew everywhere on his glider and it wasn't very interesting. It made the story feel like he was quick traveling through a video game or something.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I totally support the glider. But it has to be Dick's secondary form of transportation, used only in particular circumstances like 1. there isn't enough around for him to parkour (think Spider-Man when he's in the suburbs and can't swing) 2. long distance travel (think Infinite Crisis) or 3. if he's fighting someone who can fly and they're above building level.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agree about the glider. If only there were some way to combine the DCAU version with the George Perez version:
    Here were some mockups I made trying to combine the two.

It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Im digging the bottom right.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Same. I think if you want to get back to that early 90's vibe you need the belt and boots and gloves, which the black-blue generally does away with (outside of arm and finger stripes).

I'm still satisfied with the black-blue, but if DC were to put some yellow back in, that's how I'd like to see it done. Good job Pohzee!

~ Black Panther.

Thanks! 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Same. I think if you want to get back to that early 90's vibe you need the belt and boots and gloves, which the black-blue generally does away with (outside of arm and finger stripes).

I'm still satisfied with the black-blue, but if DC were to put some yellow back in, that's how I'd like to see it done. Good job Pohzee!
    ^^^In total agreement. They're all very well done.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-29-2020 at 01:00 AM.

If we have to go this color I honestly prefer the ones with no black
    No idea why I just don't think the light blue plus yellow with the black is a good combo but it looks better with the dark blue
    Hmm... maybe because of the familiarity with Perez costume
    The Stelfreeze black mixed with elements of Perez feels like two different eras mixed together and my mind can't reconcile it.
    The first one I think it's best because it has the simplest shape. The bird logo isn't divided into two colors

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    If we have to go this color I honestly prefer the ones with no black
    No idea why I just don't think the light blue plus yellow with the black is a good combo but it looks better with the dark blue
    Hmm... maybe because of the familiarity with Perez costume
    The Stelfreeze black mixed with elements of Perez feels like two different eras mixed together and my mind can't reconcile it.
    The first one I think it's best because it has the simplest shape. The bird logo isn't divided into two colors
    Yeah, the idea was to experiment with a range between the classic and colorful Perez and Mulletwing suit and the sleek and iconic BTNA suit. The most like the BTNA is the top middle and the most like the traditional suit is the top right. The left top and bottom were both attempts to streamline the more detailed classic suit while the bottom right was trying to add as much color and flair as possible to the blue and black. I think that my favorite is the bottom left, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Black and Yellow look came out.

I was pretty happy with how well the two-colored logo turned out actually. By simply making the feathers yellow, it evokes the yellow detailing of the Perez suit, retains the overall shape of the BTNA eagle that is so tied to the Nightwing brand, and the remaining portion of the blue bird is quite similar to the slim Rebirth logo that I've grown to like.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 04-29-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Yeah, the idea was to experiment with a range between the classic and colorful Perez and Mulletwing suit and the sleek and iconic BTNA suit. The most like the BTNA is the top middle and the most like the traditional suit is the top right. The left top and bottom were both attempts to streamline the more detailed classic suit while the bottom right was trying to add as much color and flair as possible to the blue and black. I think that my favorite is the bottom left, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Black and Yellow look came out.

I was pretty happy with how well the two-colored logo turned out actually. By simply making the feathers yellow, it evokes the yellow detailing of the Perez suit, retains the overall shape of the BTNA eagle that is so tied to the Nightwing brand, and the remaining portion of the blue bird is quite similar to the slim Rebirth logo that I've grown to like.
    I see I see

Wait, try the top left, but make the logo light blue and the collar yellow. Flip them around. I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I see I see

Wait, try the top left, but make the logo light blue and the collar yellow. Flip them around. I'm curious.
    Here ya go. There's three variations of that for ya. Plus two more closer to Mulletwing for funsies. (And so I could re-use my template )

I'm not a huge fan, but my brother says it gives him Invincible vibes. I definitely still prefer the black and blue overall, but some of these would be fun for something styled in a semi-retro fashion like The Batman Brave and the Bold was or as an early Nightwing costume like the Rocafort one.

Last edited by Pohzee; 04-29-2020 at 01:30 PM.