Page 115 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3481
    BANNED

is Dick still going to have an ongoing when Snyder does his black label project?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    is Dick still going to have an ongoing when Snyder does his black label project?
    I would be surprised if there is not a Nightwing ongoing when DC inevitably relaunches unless they really scale back the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I would assume so?

Hard to say though. Lot of stuff happening in the world, lot of stuff happening with DC and the direct market.

But Didio wasn't able to kill the book (I'm sure he would have, had he been able to get away with it) and I don't see Lee succeeding there either, if cancelling Nightwing is even something he wants to do....which I feel like it isn't. World has turned upside down since Didio left but we're already getting at least the hint of better treatment under Lee.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-22-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

He's had a consistent ongoing title since the mid 90s. I would think he would still have his DCU book, but who knows. DC is going through a lot of changes I imagine, and I wouldn't be that surprised if DC shakes things up. I could see them not wanting him to have a competing ongoing with Snyder's Black Label book or just don't think a Nightwing ongoing is worth it anymore. They did just go through two years of dragging the character through garbage and selling it to people in the form of Ric Grayson.

Also it seems that the recent movie news complicates the Nightwing movie even more. I didn't think the movie would happen, but it feels like it got more difficult. The Reeve Batman movies are going to be their own separate thing (not a big surprise) and I can see him going the Nolan route and not wanting to use Robin. So that would eliminate Dick from appearing in those movies, and Dick is already dead in the Zack Snyder movie universe. So that rules him out there. Now it seems with Keaton coming back to play Batman in some mentor-like role and it is rumored they want to focus on Batgirl with that as well. So it seems they skipped over Robin and Nightwing unless they might have them in some kind of supporting role there, but who knows.

Well technically they did say the movies might have retcons. Sucide Movie is having retcons.

Amazing Member

Hahaha! They are replacing DCEU Batman to make him mentor Batgirl or Batman Beyond. Nightwing is skipped or forgotten or killed again. Thank you DC, Warner and AT&T! I'm dead. That's it... I can't handle this anymore. Maybe Dick gets a cameo as a real person. Or another Robin costume with a middle finger sprayed on it. I don't know. I wish I could stop caring...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Hahaha! They are replacing DCEU Batman to make him mentor Batgirl or Batman Beyond. Nightwing is skipped or forgotten or killed again. Thank you DC, Warner and AT&T! I'm dead. That's it... I can't handle this anymore. Maybe Dick gets a cameo as a real person. Or another Robin costume with a middle finger sprayed on it. I don't know. I wish I could stop caring...
    I feel you. But it's no use being frustrated on things you can't control or change. You should relax by reading a book, watching tv, exercising or playing video games. All things will end up okay in the end. Don't worry. No matter how much they ruin Dick Grayson, there are always old comics to read and enjoy. No one can take that away.

Eeh, DC's movie plans change on a dime.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I feel you. But it's no use being frustrated on things you can't control or change. You should relax by reading a book, watching tv, exercising or playing video games. All things will end up okay in the end. Don't worry. No matter how much they ruin Dick Grayson, there are always old comics to read and enjoy. No one can take that away.
    Thanks. I will take a break and watch some tv series I have been planning to watch. There is no use crying on spilled milk

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick is already dead in the Zack Snyder movie universe.
    What the hell? I knew there was a dead Robin, but I assumed it was Jason, like in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Snyder’s universe is dead so who cares. It’s probably good that it was Dick in Snyder’s universe, as his failed universe will likely live on as a lesson in what not do.

Former DC publisher Dan DiDio on the New 52 vs Rebirth and why he 'hated' Wally and Dick

https://www.gamesradar.com/former-dc...ally-and-dick/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Snyder’s universe is dead so who cares. It’s probably good that it was Dick in Snyder’s universe, as his failed universe will likely live on as a lesson in what not do.
    The sunset cut succes could change that

Anyway we have titans

Grabbed the stuff relevant to Dick, for the people who don't want to read the whole thing.

Nrama: You drew a fair amount of fan heat for being the guy who theoretically hated Dick Grayson or Wally West. Is this indeed the case? Or was it just pro wrestling, drawing heel heat?

DiDio: A lot of it was for show. It was theater. We used to do the conventions and we used to have people worked up about Dick Grayson and Wally West, so we fed into that energy. Anytime I go to a convention and we talk about character, I consider that a win.

So much of the conversation nowadays is not about character or story anymore, which is a shame, because that's the only conversation that should be taking place.

For me, Wally West was a core concept issue. My problem with Wally was that his origin was always dependent on [his uncle and previous Flash] Barry Allen. He was never his own character. He was always going to be subservient to Barry in some way because his origin was determined by Barry. There was always a Flash in front of him and his powers were because of him. I always felt, as a true Flash, if we were trying to get to the simplest form with regards to media and things like that, we had to go back to Barry because the story starts with him.

With [original Robin] Dick Grayson — and this is the same with Wally — people loved them because they aged with them, so they feel this affinity that these guys have grown up with them. The problem is that much like Batman and Superman, now Dick Grayson and Wally West have to stop aging, because they're going to pass their mentors. Dick Grayson's going to get older than Bruce Wayne at some point, because Bruce doesn't age and Dick Grayson's going to be the older guy if he does keep growing up. Therefore, those things constantly force the reboots that we're faced with, because it creates these log jams and these multiple interpretations of characters all sharing the same name.

Ultimately, in my mind, we kept on collapsing our timelines and created confusion about how long certain characters were in certain roles, and what they did in those roles. For me, with Dick Grayson, the issue wasn't about the fact that I didn't like the character. In fact, when I said we should kill Dick Grayson, it was purely story driven.

We were in the middle of Infinite Crisis. The driving point of Infinite Crisis is the fracturing of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, and their inability to work together fractures the impact of the other heroes. I needed a defining moment that would bring these three together after all the troubles, something that they can unite over.

I felt the death of one of the characters that touched them all in a way was going to be the perfect way to do that. Dick Grayson was that character. I felt he was the character that everybody had such a great affinity and love for.

By putting him in that role that if he died, he would bring Superman and Batman together again and unite our heroes against the great threat, I think that's a noble death, and I think that's something that had value. Same type of death happened in Crisis on Infinite Earths. You want to have that level of importance.

Think about it: In Crisis on Infinite Earths, they kill Barry Allen, they kill Kara Zor-El, two major characters in the DC Universe. I figured we needed to do something that would be the sequel to that story and we needed a death of equal weight of that character.
    I've always agreed that Dick dying in Infinite Crisis (a short term death) was a viable play. His sales weren't as great as they had been, and a six-twelve month break could've been good for him as well as provide quality fuel for the Crisis story. I would've hated Dick dying but it was a viable storytelling option.

But the stuff about Dick aging and how all of Dick's fans love him because they grew up with him? That's raw bullsh*t. That's not even a problem, it's just an excuse.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-23-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The sunset cut succes could change that

Anyway we have titans
    The Snyder cut isn’t going to change anything. They cleaned house after a JL bombed. They are not gonna repeat the same mistake a 3rd time.