Page 111 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for Dick's role in Death Metal.
    I don't expect him to have anything more than a cameo. But potentially leading a five issue arc in Justice League is still a hell of a lot more than he's gotten in recent years. If it happens and plays out in a way that treats him as even semi-competent.

It looks like it might be progress. It might even actually be progress. But we'll see what's on the actual page.

Anyway, surprised it hasn't been posted yet but in a podcast Snyder talked about his upcoming plans about Death Metal and his Nightwing pitch.

So as expected it is out of DC's continuity and it will be in their Black Label line. That felt like the most obvious place it was going to be or some original graphic novel type of thing.
    Works for me. I feel like this is probably going to be the DickBats story Snyder didn't get the chance to tell and Dick will be wearing the Bat cowl, so I'm fine with it being out of continuity and self-contained.

I'd have rather seen Snyder on the regular Nightwing title, with Dick in the Nightwing costume and all the proper memories and names attached, just because Dick could use such a high profile writer. But I'm also hoping to see DC push deeper into the OGN, self-contained stuff that doesn't rely on main continuity, so it's cool.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I wouldn't either, but I did note in the solicits that Nightwing is headlining Justice League in that shadow-dropped announcement of another Five-Issue tie-in to Death Metal. It has Hawkgirl and what looks like Lobo on the cover. I'd be curious to see if Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael return for that book because you know, they work pretty well with Nightwing.
    That's not Lobo, that's just Liam Sharp drawing Nightwing lmao. After Jon Snow, this is a bit of a downgrade, but I guess a Conan the Barbarian look isn't the worst possible choice for Dick. This "new" JL is looking like Dick and the stragglers of the various Leagues, so Kendra and Bobo so far, and would leave the door open to Vic, Kory, and anyone else in the JLO book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shows don't cause comic pushes.

Arrow - we didn't suddenly get multiple Canaries in the comics.
    Flash - Vibe has been totally AWOL in Rebirth, and I think the same goes for Elongated Man?
    Legends of Tomorrow - this team doesn't exist in the comics at all.
    Supergirl - when was the last time comics Kara interacted with Martian Manhunter? Also, her adoptive sister doesn't exist in the comics.
    Superman & Lois - they have two sons, one of whom doesn't exist in the comics.
    Swamp Thing - didn't get a comic at the time the show was released.
    Big difference is that Slade and Dick have history, and a lot of it. The success of the show could easily lead to a push in the comics, or if they do a push it could be completely unrelated.

Or its just a few comic pages and that'll be the extent of Slade/Dick in this crossover.

True Slade can be Dick's archenemy. Like Slade was paid to kill DIck but it doesn't work out. In a sense, Slade without being paid decides to kill Dick himself.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True Slade can be Dick's archenemy. Like Slade was paid to kill DIck but it doesn't work out. In a sense, Slade without being paid decides to kill Dick himself.
    Things got personal between Slade and Dick in Post Crisis because when Dick went undercover to get rid of the mob from Bludhaven, he's also tasked to train Deathstroke's daughter Rose. He did, but also instilled some morals into her, which he didn't like, and as revenge, when he was in Villains United, dropped Chemo to nuke Bludhaven. Slade was also on board when hired by Talia to control Damian through the chip in his spine to kill Dick.

But that's only the latest of Slade's kids that affected by their relationship with Dick.

Before that, Slade respects Dick for old time's sake. When he was hired to kill Bludhaven good cop Amy Rossbach, he dropped by Dick's place to give him a fair chance to stop him. He asked what does it take to get Dick out of the way, and Dick challenged to kill him, which Slade didn't want to do if he doesn't have to.

On the other hand, Rebirth Slade was the one asking Dick to teach Rose some morals so she doesn't turn out like him.

In the show Titans, Slade promised to stop hunting Titans for his son's Jericho's death as long as Titans disbanded. Jericho died protecting Dick from Slade. In the comics, Jericho became Dick's friend and a Titans (before he turned evil but we don't talk about that).

In the comics, Slade's enmity with the Titans stemmed from his son Grant's death, but how it ended depends. In Rebirth, he promised he'll let go of Titans if Dick teaches Rose.

So which Slade do you want to use? The one who cares about his daughter's moral or not? How much he cares about his kids and how Dick relates to them (and he relates to all of them one way or another), determines how much he makes things personal with Dick.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Anyway, surprised it hasn't been posted yet but in a podcast Snyder talked about his upcoming plans about Death Metal and his Nightwing pitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ks_continuity/

"Snyder’s Nightwing has been pitched (with a high likelihood of it happening). Black Label. A mystery story that focuses on how different he is as a detective compared to Bruce, and how he’s also a better one in certain ways. “The most empathetic character in the family”. Shows his days as Robin, but shows the “possibilities” of where he could go later in life. The villain “is not a classic one”. Members of the bat-family pop up a few times."

So as expected it is out of DC's continuity and it will be in their Black Label line. That felt like the most obvious place it was going to be or some original graphic novel type of thing.
    This is good. While I like Snyder for the most part, on his other part he can be controversial. Zero Year, Bruce's brother, The Court, and Haly's Circus. Experimenting in Black Label first is the right way to do, and omigosh have I not been suggesting they're doing it this way the past year instead of making controversial decisions in the mainline. Then, if it's successful and people like it, it can be applied in the mainline.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Things got personal between Slade and Dick in Post Crisis because when Dick went undercover to get rid of the mob from Bludhaven, he's also tasked to train Deathstroke's daughter Rose. He did, but also instilled some morals into her, which he didn't like, and as revenge, when he was in Villains United, dropped Chemo to nuke Bludhaven. Slade was also on board when hired by Talia to control Damian through the chip in his spine to kill Dick.

But that's only the latest of Slade's kids that affected by their relationship with Dick.

Before that, Slade respects Dick for old time's sake. When he was hired to kill Bludhaven good cop Amy Rossbach, he dropped by Dick's place to give him a fair chance to stop him. He asked what does it take to get Dick out of the way, and Dick challenged to kill him, which Slade didn't want to do if he doesn't have to.

On the other hand, Rebirth Slade was the one asking Dick to teach Rose some morals so she doesn't turn out like him.

In the show Titans, Slade promised to stop hunting Titans for his son's Jericho's death as long as Titans disbanded. Jericho died protecting Dick from Slade. In the comics, Jericho became Dick's friend and a Titans (before he turned evil but we don't talk about that).

In the comics, Slade's enmity with the Titans stemmed from his son Grant's death, but how it ended depends. In Rebirth, he promised he'll let go of Titans if Dick teaches Rose.

So which Slade do you want to use? The one who cares about his daughter's moral or not? How much he cares about his kids and how Dick relates to them (and he relates to all of them one way or another), determines how much he makes things personal with Dick.

I mean Why not have him not care about his kids. He had used Terra to get to the Titans. So that's why I feel like it wouldn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is good. While I like Snyder for the most part, on his other part he can be controversial. Zero Year, Bruce's brother, The Court, and Haly's Circus. Experimenting in Black Label first is the right way to do, and omigosh have I not been suggesting they're doing it this way the past year instead of making controversial decisions in the mainline. Then, if it's successful and people like it, it can be applied in the mainline.
    Plus, a neutral continuity Black Label thing is something that can be revisited every couple of years as and when the writer wants - whereas for the most part, and perfectly correctly, once a writer leaves the monthly title they're gone.

It's a good point about continuity, too.

Yup, if Johns's Three Joker's story can be fitted into continuity, I hope Snyder's Nightwing story can too.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    We get stores that are hey this was eighteen months ago, but time and age stays irrelevant????

Also I can’t belive its time for the next annual already

Wait, so the Ric era lasted a year in-universe? Saying six months ago would've made sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope after this Dick gets a better team. Any hints of who the new creative team is?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, so the Ric era lasted a year in-universe? Saying six months ago would've made sense.
    Honestly, 364 1/2 days too many.

Amazing Member

Am I the only one who likes the annual? Everyone I know hates it. Twitter has been a cesspool the past days. Tumblr can't think for themselves. Feels bad man.