Page 73 of 233 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3481

That movie was fantastic, you uncultured philistines!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I thought Snyder was done with mainstream DC comics. I guess it's probably going to be Black Label.

But yeah, this doesn't surprise me. He's always been more willing to write Dick of all the Robins (not counting Duke).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Snyder was done with mainstream DC comics. I guess it's probably going to be Black Label.
    I don't care whether it's Black Label or not, I'll take quality Nightwing where I can find it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So that this morning... good little treat to start the day

Oh yeah, the growing list of good writers with a Nightwing pitch. Crossing fingers DC say "yes" for a change
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 04-09-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Finally some good news on the comic front for Dick.

My hope is Synder has an idea so good that he has to do it as an ongoing story set in the main DC universe.

If it's out of continuity I'm sure they will say yes. Snyder's one of their biggest writers so they'll probably let him have any pet project he wants if it keeps him happy.

If it's in-continuity......I dunno if DC would want to "waste" their big talent on Nightwing's ongoing. But again, they want Snyder happy, so maybe if he agrees to do a big project in return they might let him have Nightwing?

Jim Lee did say he'd protect Dick "at all costs." Maybe, and I'm being optimistic here, but maybe Snyder getting the title is the first sign of that.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Any chance of him being in the batgirl movie, with the birds of prey wasted on Harley, he is her only other frequent ally

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If it's out of continuity I'm sure they will say yes. Snyder's one of their biggest writers so they'll probably let him have any pet project he wants if it keeps him happy.

If it's in-continuity......I dunno if DC would want to "waste" their big talent on Nightwing's ongoing. But again, they want Snyder happy, so maybe if he agrees to do a big project in return they might let him have Nightwing?

Jim Lee did say he'd protect Dick "at all costs." Maybe, and I'm being optimistic here, but maybe Snyder getting the title is the first sign of that.
    This is good news. I think because of who he is and status at DC it would be hard for them to say no but I could be wrong.

Who does synder have to pitch to besides Jim lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Any chance of him being in the batgirl movie, with the birds of prey wasted on Harley, he is her only other frequent ally
    Hard pass.

I doubt that Batgirl film is happening anyway. And given DC's track record it likely wouldn't be that good if it did get made. But Dick can carry his own film, he doesn't need to be a supporting player in Babs' movie. And I feel like a lot of Dick's interactions with Babs don't leave either of them looking too good, and that's a poor foundation to build from.

I'd accept Dick as a supporting character in a Batman movie, just because of the history and that seems a more natural way to launch a solo film afterwards. But I've had it with Nightwing playing second fiddle to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    This is good news. I think because of who he is and status at DC it would be hard for them to say no but I could be wrong.
    I agree. I think it is good news.

~ Black Panther.

Snyder's generally done well by the character outside of a few instances, like the Owls punching scene, but he at least respects the character and likes including him in things. That being said I don't know if Snyder would actually write a Nightwing ongoing. I feel it would be more likely that he pitches an idea and someone else writes it for him. Unless he is now super passionate about the character the way a Johns is for Shazam I can't really see him wanting to write a Nightwing/Dick Grayson ongoing book as it feels something below what he usually does now, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hard pass.

I doubt that Batgirl film is happening anyway. And given DC's track record it likely wouldn't be that good if it did get made. But Dick can carry his own film, he doesn't need to be a supporting player in Babs' movie. And I feel like a lot of Dick's interactions with Babs don't leave either of them looking too good, and that's a poor foundation to build from.

I'd accept Dick as a supporting character in a Batman movie, just because of the history and that seems a more natural way to launch a solo film afterwards. But I've had it with Nightwing playing second fiddle to other people.
    Thank you. The last thing nightwing needs is to be introduced to the mainstream as a supporting character for freak'in batgirl. Running around gotham like he's just one of batman's sidekicks. Nightwing first introduction needs to be as a independent hero who connects back to batman.

I don't want Nightwing to be the falcon of the dceu.

If I was being dick in to the dceu I'd start with a nightwing movie that has some flash back to batman and Robin than build to a reunion in sequels.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-09-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Make it happen Dc! Black Mirror was great!