Page 15 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick's memory of Alfred, Batman Pennyworth RIP #1
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzMvNDY5L29yaWdpbmFsL1Blbm55d29ydGhfMzNfY29s.jpg

Yes, he's in the book with the family, still in Ric Grayson hair.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-15-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick's memory of Alfred, Batman Pennyworth RIP #1
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzMvNDY5L29yaWdpbmFsL1Blbm55d29ydGhfMzNfY29s.jpg

Yes, he's in the book with the family, still in Ric Grayson hair.
    Hopefully he grows it out

I would have like a memory from when he was younger

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Travis Moore could make anything look pretty or stylish tbh. I would love much, much, much more of his work here or anywhere. His Dick is such eyecatcher that is my default design for him now. Perfect balance of handsome yet heroic and tough.

Edit: if it isn't because a toy, then, it could be because they don't think people dislike it, I guess.
    I actually don't mind the new52 Robin suit. I know it's not as Iconic as the leotards but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I actually don't mind the new52 Robin suit. I know it's not as Iconic as the leotards but I like it.
    I have a problem with the arms, to be honest. The waist V shape is a bit weak, but it makes the costume look like some kind of performing costume, so I don't mind. But those arms, er... I would rather invert the colours (green where black, black where green) and tone down those protection-things-whatever-that-is that makes me think of a turtle shell :/.

But that's my preference.
    I think the classic costume is cute, but it's not flattering, for a better word, when you put it on a teenager or an adult. Not to mention that it doesn't make much sense from a tactical perspective, because it doesn't offer protection.

Edit: what I mean is... Yeah, there must be a lot of people that at least doesn't hate it (like you, or me). So they may not be interested in changing it yet because of that.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-16-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I like the one from titans

Looks like the Ric situation will continue into May. A group called the Condors want to recruit him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Looks like the Ric situation will continue into May. A group called the Condors want to recruit him.
    Solicit for that story calls him "Dick", though - and the cover has him in the old Nightwing costume. So.... Maybe there's hope?

Still Jurgens though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Oh god, why just why!?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

A bit of confusion there. There's actually TWO Nightwing solicits, he has an annual. He's called Ric in the solicit for the regular issue. Perhaps #71 is when he fully reverts to normal?

NIGHTWING #71
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET and TRAVIS MOORE
    cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    Having a chat with the Clown Prince of Crime is scary enough…being captured, tied down, and forced to listen to him is something else! Especially when you’re Ric Grayson, and The Joker just wants you out of action so he can get to the Dark Knight. With no idea what his history with The Joker might be, Ric doesn’t find this situation one bit funny.
    ON SALE 04.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

NIGHTWING ANNUAL #3
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by HOWARD PORTER
    Dick Grayson has been many things in his life—Robin, agent of Spyral, even Batman...but will he have a choice when the Condors try to recruit him for their cause? And will they take no for an answer? A thrilling, high-octane adventure awaits over the skies of Gotham City!
    ON SALE 04.29.20
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dammit, they are gonna leave Jurgan's on after Ric aren't they. They are not gonna bothered to give Nightwing a proper return, of course not. Can't even bothered to give him a new costume. Just hey, Nightwing's back. Been a hobo for 2 year, but that has no effect. Here is some boring Nightwing story, by the same creator who has been writhing Ric for the last year. Seriously just kill Dick off then if your just gonna have Jurgan's follow Ric up with whatever boring by the numbers crap he can come up with. You don't get more lame duck then Condor Red. His ideas are so boring, and he doesn't sell for ****. Get him off the book already. Jurgan's telling boring traditional Nightwing stories isn't any better then him telling lazy terrible Ric stories. My stomach hurts. I really hope this is not what we are gonna be getting for after Ric. They can't seriously can't just have him jump back into the suit he was wearing before like the last 2 years hasn't happened and they didn't completely bury the character.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-17-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Is this the crossover event that Tynion mentioned?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dammit, they are gonna leave Jurgan's on after Ric aren't they. They are not gonna bothered to give Nightwing a proper return, of course not. Can't even bothered to give him a new costume. Just hey, Nightwing's back. Been a hobo for 2 year, but that has no effect. Here is some boring Nightwing story, by the same creator who has been writhing Ric for the last year. Seriously just kill Dick off then if your just gonna have Jurgan's follow Ric up with whatever boring by the numbers crap he can come up with. You don't get more lame duck then Condor Red. His ideas are so boring, and he doesn't sell for ****. Get him off the book already. Jurgan's telling boring traditional Nightwing stories isn't any better then him telling lazy terrible Ric stories. My stomach hurts. I really hope this is not what we are gonna be getting for after Ric.
    Why does he need a new costume ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why does he need a new costume?
    Cause you can't just follow up Ric with the same old crap. Do something to sell Dick's return as a new start for Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-17-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My two cents: Joker War is the Summer event teased by Tynion, and between Nightwing#71 and the Annual, we have a Batman (with Joker) and a Batgirl issue (with KGBeast).
    So, I'm betting on Dick coming back in the Batman#93 issue (as Tynion stated, he wanted to bring Dick back on Batman), and the Annual being a set up for his new start (in Gotham?)
    Why are we still stucked with Jurgens?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause you can't just follow up Ric with the same old crap. Do something to sell Dick's return as a new start for Nightwing.
    If nothing else we might be getting the new costume from Doomsday Clock. The one that looks like the old animated suit. Its not much of anything at all, but we have no reason to believe that DC will change how they treat the character just because he finally gets his memory back. "Ric" going away doesn't mean the problems with how DC handles the character will.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Why are we still stucked with Jurgens?
    My guess? If Jurgens is sticking around once Dick returns it'll be because Jurgens is cheaper than bigger name creators. DC might believe that sales won't bounce back once Dick goes back to being Nightwing. They've driven away a lot of readers and lost a lot of faith, and might not believe that fixing Dick will bring us back.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.