Page 165 of 233 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3481
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    There's clearly some plans for the Titans in the works
    Tv show or comics wise?
    I did a quick Google search but nothing jumped out at me for the latter. I could use some good news though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Jurgens said he was going to do a couple of issues after #75, before leaving the book to a new creative team. Probably we will get a new writer in issue #78.
    Man, they should just cancel the book and relaunch it in January with a new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, they should just cancel the book and relaunch it in January with a new #1.
    Isn't that the general idea? I honestly don't know what DC is doing anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Tv show or comics wise?
    I did a quick Google search but nothing jumped out at me for the latter. I could use some good news though.
    With Dick, Starfire, and Cyborg taking center stage in Justice League, Donna and Gar popping up in Teen Titans, and the Tula Lotay variant with the New Teen Titans together on the Death Metal ties ins, it's certain that we're headed for a reunion
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

With Dick, Starfire, and Cyborg taking center stage in Justice League, Donna and Gar popping up in Teen Titans, and the Tula Lotay variant with the New Teen Titans together on the Death Metal ties ins, it's certain that we're headed for a reunion
    The titans are DCs X-men and need to be prioritized as such but the given that’s secondary team role to the suicide squad

Maybe what they need is Hickman to come over and do something after he finishes on X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would pay $10 an issue for that
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe what they need is Hickman to come over and do something after he finishes on X-Men.
    I would pay $10 an issue for that
    I'd be all for that. It would automatically be the best run on the title after NTT (and as it would be modern, would surpass that in many ways).

I mentioned a while back that that Alex Ross art made me wish for a 12 part Justice style series for the NTT, and now I'm really bummed that I thought of that because it is very unlikely to happen

Incredible Member

I kinda want a Nightwing/Flamebird miniseries with Dick and Bette

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Jurgens said he was going to do a couple of issues after #75, before leaving the book to a new creative team. Probably we will get a new writer in issue #78.
    I imagine Jurgens will stick around long enough to finish out the trade, rather than have new creators come in the middle of it.

I'm just waiting to hear who the new creators will be and what they'll be doing. After all the chaos at AT&T we might get stuck with another filler run before the new plan/direction goes into effect though.

And that's assuming Dick is enough of a priority to keep his book and actually *have* a plan put in place for him. I still maintain that AT&T would have to be dumb as rocks to not recognize Dick's potential and his already impressive larger media profile and want to capitalize on that, but you never know; DC does love to let me down.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Going back to my posts about how I wish Dick never gave up the Robin identity, I wonder if the Titans as a franchise would be better off if he never gave it up as well. Since DC constantly ages down the Titans characters to fit with whoever is the current Robin who is always stuck as a teenager. They did that with Tim and we more recently saw it with Damian too. I get they do that because Robin is the most iconic member of the team, so they try to fix everything around him, but had Dick kept the Robin identity and aged like he did with Nightwing I wonder if DC would have allowed the Titans to age more as well with him. Where they aren't constantly deaging Raven or Beast Boy, or constantly sticking characters like Starifire or now Donna on teams with teenagers. Maybe they could have made that jump into permanent adult team, but I don't know. Probably not. Since it doesn't fix the Justice League problem.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The titans are DCs X-men and need to be prioritized as such but the given that’s secondary team role to the suicide squad
    Yeah, what's with that? Suicide Squad came out of nowhere to me. It's Teen Titans with NTT crew who got a popular cartoon and another cartoon that the network spam slots on. No one outside comics talks about Suicide Squad before Harley got into the team and even after that, it's often to bash the movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, what's with that? Suicide Squad came out of nowhere to me. It's Teen Titans with NTT crew who got a popular cartoon and another cartoon that the network spam slots on. No one outside comics talks about Suicide Squad before Harley got into the team and even after that, it's often to bash the movie.
    yep. TT is vastly better than the SS

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This may just be for the anniversary but they just made Dick's classic cape bulletproof
    detective-comics_10273-min.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This may just be for the anniversary but they just made Dick's classic cape bulletproof
    detective-comics_10273-min.jpg
    cool! i like it