Page 122 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not really. He’s still Ric, but the end is near. For Ric and his book.
    No he's not. When Joker brainwashed him in the most recent issue of Nightwing, that was the end of Ric. Solicits indicate that Babs will undo what Joker did, and at the same time restore his true self. So yes, he'll be his old self soon!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Who wants a copy of Star Spangled Comics #65 from 1947, which has a solo Robin feature?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dick...ies-from-1947/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope they stop repeating this. What stories are you all hoping for? Also if we have to what should be the guidelines in Dick being used in Batman and other Batfam books?
    I don't know what kind of story I want because I haven't been around long enough to see the kind of story I like... from a solo Nightwing

Him hanging around Bruce, Jason, Damian and Titans I already know what role I like but that's him as a supporting cast/guest star/team member

Him alone, I've only liked one-two things:

The setup that he likes to be around people and close to the people he wants to help so he always chooses an apartment in a relatively unsafe neighborhood.

The setup that he owns Haly's Circus.

Both of those can happen at the same time. Stays in the apartment in a dubious neighborhood, work at the Circus.

Like I don't know what kind of niche or gimmick (story-wise) we should have with that setup. He has that secret agent thing but that's a different setup, and Dick has said he doesn't enjoy being a spy. He wants to be open and free while close to others, so the glamor and secrets of the secret agent world don't fit that more grounded setup.

Even as Nightwing he's very open. He's not like Bruce where he pretends to be different people between superhero and civilian. Nightwing and Dick Grayson are the same people.

Someone jokingly suggested once upon a time that they'd be satisfied with a story of Dick Grayson being a good neighbor mowing other people's lawn and that'd be enough and I admit he's charming enough to do that XD

Oh I like one other thing Seeley introduced: That he operates at twilight in comparison to Metropolis at daytime and Gotham at night

I guess he can be a secret agent as an additional job.
    Daytime managing the circus
    Twilight as Nightwing
    Nighttime secret agent undercover

That's still the setup. To make a story, I need a conflict and a villain. So that's next.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-09-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Incredible Member

I like that concept.

872674._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Nightwing Year One Deluxe Edition cover. I like how simple and clean it is.

Released June 30 apparently but I didn't pay attention

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

batman Legacy by Alex Ross

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    batman Legacy by Alex Ross

I spy Oracle, I think that's Talia and Damian. Gorgeous art

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Like I don't know what kind of niche or gimmick (story-wise) we should have with that setup.
    One of the things I wanted to see with Dick was him dealing with where "superhuman" meets "human."

Thematically it parallels nicely with the "twilight" concept and keeps one foot in both sides of Dick's life and experience. So things like a black market auction selling off a sample of the Doomsday virus would give you that mix; you've got mobsters and corrupt businessmen and politicians, which is all very grounded and "real world" and Bat-like, trying to get their hands on a biological weapon that turns people into giant Superman killing monsters, which keeps Dick connected to the "Titans" side of his life. Conversely, Dick might discover that some big shot business guy is actually a telepath and that's how he manages to buy out all these other companies for pennies on the dollar, and Dick has to uncover and prove this via investigating the guy, interviewing prior victims, etc. So you'd again have some grounded, street level stuff mixed with the fantastical larger-than-life world of super humanity.

Dick working at Haly's or owning it or whatever also plays nicely into that; you can have performers who are superhuman....but only marginally. Like the circus "magician" is a telekinetic who can only move a couple pounds, the fortune teller is a precog but can only see maybe a couple days into the future. People like this aren't gonna put on a costume and go fight bank robbers; they're relatively grounded and "normal" but they're still more than just baseline human.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So basically nightwing should be written as a solo titans book and not just another bat book. I would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    One of the things I wanted to see with Dick was him dealing with where "superhuman" meets "human."

Thematically it parallels nicely with the "twilight" concept and keeps one foot in both sides of Dick's life and experience. So things like a black market auction selling off a sample of the Doomsday virus would give you that mix; you've got mobsters and corrupt businessmen and politicians, which is all very grounded and "real world" and Bat-like, trying to get their hands on a biological weapon that turns people into giant Superman killing monsters, which keeps Dick connected to the "Titans" side of his life. Conversely, Dick might discover that some big shot business guy is actually a telepath and that's how he manages to buy out all these other companies for pennies on the dollar, and Dick has to uncover and prove this via investigating the guy, interviewing prior victims, etc. So you'd again have some grounded, street level stuff mixed with the fantastical larger-than-life world of super humanity.
    Ah. So like in Under The Red Hood when Black Mask wanted to smuggle Kryptonite but Jason got to it, or recently where Blockbuster and Tiger Shark holds a supervillain party, or Raptor selling The Parliament's identity list to Kobra. Yeah I like those.

Okay since things generally go back and forth in mainline comics. What elsewhere story would you like with Nightwing?

872674._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Nightwing Year One Deluxe Edition cover. I like how simple and clean it is.

Released June 30 apparently but I didn't pay attention
    I need a new copy. Will try to pick this up.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay since things generally go back and forth in mainline comics. What elsewhere story would you like with Nightwing?
    Elseworld Grayson. Never a superhero. Always an agent. Doing it in Elseworld means it's gonna be free of "Nightwing would never do this" comments.

I hope.

Elseworld Grayson. Never a superhero. Always an agent. Doing it in Elseworld means it's gonna be free of "Nightwing would never do this" comments.

I hope.
    That honestly sounds sick. Would definitely read that.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    So basically nightwing should be written as a solo titans book and not just another bat book. I would love that.
    Ah. So like in Under The Red Hood when Black Mask wanted to smuggle Kryptonite but Jason got to it, or recently where Blockbuster and Tiger Shark holds a supervillain party, or Raptor selling The Parliament's identity list to Kobra. Yeah I like those.
    Yes, basically.

At the very least, the most basic level, you're doing something no one else really is; putting a powerless vigilante up against super human threats, and not just low-end metas like Green Arrow fighting Brick, but legit powers who can blow up some serious sh*t. That's a fun spin that keeps Dick in the underdog role but also forces him to be at his most capable.

It'd force DC to write Nightwing like a utter badass, it'd provide a kind of book we don't see on the shelf very often, and it plays into both sides of Dick's life and character as a Bat and Titan.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.