Page 170 of 233 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which one sent him to the foster home of bullied boys before being taken to the Manor?
    Robin Annual #4.

Okay dude to issues. How good should his fighting skills. I mean Jay has almost killed him and Cassie too. So what should be Dick's fighting skills?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay dude to issues. How good should his fighting skills. I mean Jay has almost killed him and Cassie too. So what should be Dick's fighting skills?
    Where? I don't remember this ever happening.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There are many variables that go into a fight but to make it short, you just have to remember that he's an acrobat prodigy trained by Batman and has 10-15-20 years of experience dealing with mobsters, martial artists, metahumans, and the supernatural with the necessary intelligence and improvisation that's needed in such situations.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-19-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Dick also made Tim and Jason look like chumps with all this Joker War nonsense lol.

When DC remembers what it means to be a Titan, and what Dick being a Titan has to mean for his capabilities, you'll see just how far above most other street-level characters he is (well, was, and only was until DC remembers). Obviously, Lady Shiva and Cass are notable exceptions for purely fighting skill.

Huh? Dick did nothing in Joker War. Babs literally beat him with her hands behind her back.

Extraordinary Member

In Post Crisis somewhere during the Bludhaven era
    In New 52 he was given the deed in issue #2
    I'm pretty sure he allready bought in "A Lonley place of Dying" (or at least around that time).

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Dick also made Tim and Jason look like chumps with all this Joker War nonsense lol.
    Which seems really nonsensically if you look how much better Barbara did against him.

To the original question I think Dick, Bruce and Jason should be on pretty similar level at this point when it comes to fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm pretty sure he allready bought in "A Lonley place of Dying" (or at least around that time).

Which seems really nonsensically if you look how much better Barbara did against him.

To the original question I think Dick, Bruce and Jason should be on pretty similar level at this point when it comes to fighting skills.
    Oh I thought he was just visiting

DC doesn't allow Nightwing to beat up Babs. If there's a fight or interaction, Babs tends to be depicted as the smarter, wiser, better one. Whether it's serious or comedic.

Even though when it comes to not beating up, Dick has always been depicted as faster and stealthier than Babs.

You know what... make that all of his main love interest. Starfire in the TT movie, Helena in comics...

It may be an abuse thing, male on the female is no, female on the male is funny or okay, it may be the romance trope of foolish male, it maybe a branding thing
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-19-2020 at 10:12 AM.

In terms of raw combat prowess, I figure Dick has to rank up there pretty damn high. Cass Cain, Shiva, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, those people are all better fighters than he is and I'd entertain the argument that so is Black Canary, and there's probably a few others out there I'm forgetting about who might surpass Dick in terms of raw fighting ability.

But Dick is likely in the Top 10 greatest fighters on earth. He's in the prime of life, is one of the most naturally gifted athletes in the world, has been trained by not only Bruce but also Donna, Kori, and I forget who else, giving him access to fighting styles unknown to most humans, and Dick has over a decade of active experience under his belt but hasn't started physically slowing down yet.

Among the Bats I figure Dick is better than anyone except Cass. But that's not taking into account stuff like Azreal's subconscious programming, which makes him virtually super-human, or the fact that Bruce taught Dick much of what he knows, which gives Bruce an advantage. But I figure if you put Dick in a room with the other Bats, and nobody had any tools or gadgets, Dick has pretty good odds of taking down everyone but Cass, and Cass Cain is a gods damn monster people thought was superhuman because she's so damn good at fighting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Cass may not be a meta, but she does have a superpower - her ability to predict opponents' movements. She reads body language. That's why she's such a good fighter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For you guys which comic origin do you like better? Bruce firing him or quitting? I don't understand Why Dc didn't keep him quitting

For you guys which comic origin do you like better? Bruce firing him or quitting? I don't understand Why Dc didn't keep him quitting
    Quitting without grudge, of course, just him realizing he needs a grown-up identity

Honestly, I don't know what they're using right now

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cass may not be a meta, but she does have a superpower - her ability to predict opponents' movements. She reads body language. That's why she's such a good fighter.
    They gave Dick that ability too in the New 52 and Cass fans got upset by it because it made her less special from what I remember. It was a long time ago now so I can't remember it clearly.

Probably neither. I don't think there has been a great Nightwing origin story that felt defining.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They gave Dick that ability too in the New 52 and Cass fans got upset by it because it made her less special from what I remember. It was a long time ago now so I can't remember it clearly.
    Yeah, they did, and they did get upset, but the ability ended up only being used in about 2 issues or so

Yeah, they did, and they did get upset, but the ability ended up only being used in about 2 issues or so
    Was it when he was fighting Shiva? Been so long since I read that now.

I think they gave it to him to make up for his lost history as a way to keep his abilities at a good level. Since he was 16 now and was only with Bruce for under 2 years before he left.