Page 147 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Holt uploaded DC Fandome promo by Jim Lee and there are 3 Dicks in it. Teen Titans, Young Justice, and comic version
    EfvZ1KdWkAIYpc4.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Holt uploaded DC Fandome promo by Jim Lee and there are 3 Dicks in it. Teen Titans, Young Justice, and comic version
    EfvZ1KdWkAIYpc4.jpg
    I saw that too! Very nice. He's getting pretty good representation across DC media.

Astonishing Member

It is also possible this Robin is Dick too. His suit is similar to Dick Robin's suit in Titans (although the colors are brighter).

EfvZ1KdWkAMSjK5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It is also possible this Robin is Dick too. His suit is similar to Dick Robin's suit in Titans (although the colors are brighter).

EfvZ1KdWkAMSjK5.jpg
    There was that Teen Titans Wal-Mart books that had Robin that had all of Dick's traits, friends, etc. but turned out to be Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There was that Teen Titans Wal-Mart books that had Robin that had all of Dick's traits, friends, etc. but turned out to be Tim.
    That one has exposed biceps.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Isn't there that Golden Age comic where Batman is spanking Dick on his birthday? And he gives him 8 or 9 spanks and one to grow. So it is implied he is 9 or 10 I think then, but that era it isn't like they paid attention to character ages that much.

Found it.
    Which doesn't match the number of candles on his cake, and that he get's his own plane as a birthday present.
    A few issues later you see Dicks Report card at school, and he has classes like Latin, physics and chemistry, which isn't really elementary school stuff.
    And there are several issues were Dick takes up jobs as part of undercover investigations, you would probably also not give to an 8 year old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

EfvZ1KdWkAMSjK5.jpg
    Bigger image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfvoAhgW...pg&name=medium

Extraordinary Member

The first time I saw his school was when he's dancing at a school party and met DC's Ant-Man, and during Kathy and Bethy Kane's era, but it's not clear how old he is. He can be 12-14.
    He was allready established to be in high school and roughly 15 in his golden age solos stories in Star-Spangled Comics.

And I think the first time we see him is his school is in "Robin Studies His Lessons" in Batman #18 (and that doesn't seem to be an elementary school).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He was already established to be in high school and roughly 15 in his golden age solos stories in Star-Spangled Comics.

And I think the first time we see him is his school is in "Robin Studies His Lessons" in Batman #18 (and that doesn't seem to be an elementary school).
    Oh so he's just short

Spectacular Member

Oh so he's just short
    Maybe, but I also think the golden age played fast and loose with continuity. They were more focused on telling one-off stories to sell to kids.

Spectacular Member

Oh so he's just short
    can i ask what you're researching i'm so curious now

Extraordinary Member

Oh so he's just short
    It is nor unusual in comics and animation to draw kids and teen absurdly small.

I mean Damian is supposed to be 13 and has the size of a nine year old.

The YJ4 are all at least 16, which would in real live mean that they should be pretty close to their adult hight, but they are all a head shorter than the adult heroes (and in Tim's case also than his own future selfs from alternate time lines).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It is nor unusual in comics and animation to draw kids and teen absurdly small.

I mean Damian is supposed to be 13 and has the size of a nine year old.

The YJ4 are all at least 16, which would in real live mean that they should be pretty close to their adult hight, but they are all a head shorter than the adult heroes (and in Tim's case also than his own future selfs from alternate time lines).
    It isn't just that they are just short at 16 compared to Adult heroes.

It is always implied that teens at 16 will still grow a lot to the time they become adults. They usually become so tall as their mentors.

Of course, this isn't anymore the case for Dick, since he's already an adult, but DC wants him to be shorter than Bruce.

I feel like Dick being a little short (by hero standards) is pretty much the norm. Kory is much taller than he is as well, and basically always has been.

No idea what Dick's official height is, but I'm pretty sure he's just of average height, which makes him look short compared to the towering giants that are most superheroes.

Personally, I think it's a great detail.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like Dick being a little short (by hero standards) is pretty much the norm. Kory is much taller than he is as well, and basically always has been.

No idea what Dick's official height is, but I'm pretty sure he's just of average height, which makes him look short compared to the towering giants that are most superheroes.

Personally, I think it's a great detail.
    I remember some comments about how Dick was a little less talk than his Pre-Flashpoint version back when the New 52 started, but i never gave it much thought, comic books are rarely consistent with heigths.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona