Page 103 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sounds good. The question is how does Power Girl meet DIck at least in his own book?
    The real question is why they don't cross paths more often.

Karen Starr runs a major corporation. Dick Grayson is the first son of billionaire businessman Bruce Wayne.

Nightwing is a respected and well known hero with ties to Gotham, Metropolis, the League and the Titans. Power Girl is a hero with ties to Metropolis, the JSA, the League, and Harley Quinn.

Dick and Karen already know each other and have worked briefly together in the League. They know a lot of the same people. There's tons of places where they could run into each other; business conventions, hero Crisis events, Haly's itself. They could run into each other while chasing down the same villain, at a memorial for fallen Terras, anywhere.

The real challenge is building their dynamic in a organic way and not instantly pissing off the hardcore Babs and Kori shippers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The real question is why they don't cross paths more often.

Karen Starr runs a major corporation. Dick Grayson is the first son of billionaire businessman Bruce Wayne.

Nightwing is a respected and well known hero with ties to Gotham, Metropolis, the League and the Titans. Power Girl is a hero with ties to Metropolis, the JSA, the League, and Harley Quinn.

Dick and Karen already know each other and have worked briefly together in the League. They know a lot of the same people. There's tons of places where they could run into each other; business conventions, hero Crisis events, Haly's itself. They could run into each other while chasing down the same villain, at a memorial for fallen Terras, anywhere.

The real challenge is building their dynamic in a organic way and not instantly pissing off the hardcore Babs and Kori shippers.
    Well the reason they don't cross path is because 1. DC doesn't know what to do with nightwing or what role he plays in the DCU. 2. The bat office not letting nightwing move on.

I still believe that the best status quo for nightwing is
    1. Globetrotting
    2.more Meta human threats
    3. Greater role in the DCU

Those 3 thing should be the foundation for nightwing as a concept and stand apart from not only batman but the dozen other bat characters.

Dick can live and own a business in bludhaven but not nightwing. Nightwing should be a global strike force.

And hell yes to nightwing and power girl

To be fair, they have even less of a clue as to what to do with Power Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    True! But all the more reason to shack these characters up and do something new.

Okay. Dick owns the Circus so he owns his own business. Haley is there to teach Dick the ropes. So how do we get Karen to meet Dick organically? I think there is a way to do it. Dick and Karen are tracking down the same lead. They help each other out. What if one of the young talon's they picked was where Karen lives. The question would be what would set Karen off to find them and how she runs into Dick. I already had the idea of the Circus is in Karent's city.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-07-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well the reason they don't cross path is because 1. DC doesn't know what to do with nightwing or what role he plays in the DCU. 2. The bat office not letting nightwing move on.
    I know the *real* question isn't what I posted.

I still believe that the best status quo for nightwing is
    1. Globetrotting
    2.more Meta human threats
    3. Greater role in the DCU
    Hells yes.

I really think taking a page from the Grayson book and season 3 of YJ is a solid blueprint and direction; putting Dick in that "world traveling super spy" role is a niche nobody else in DC fills, it's something that plays to his strengths and history, it's unique, and he's uniquely suited to it.

I really don't understand why DC seems to think they're better off treating Dick as a sidekick. He's not bringing sales to Batman that Batman isn't getting on his own, but as an independent hero (with ties to Gotham) Dick could be **soooooo** much more profitable than he is, and his popularity, longevity, and success in larger media all point to this character having more potential than DC is realizing. As a fan it annoys me, but as a businessman it actively makes me mad; I hate seeing money left on the table because a company is too damn lazy or stupid to see it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If we still want to have Dick globetrotting not hard. I mean how hard would it be that other performing places whether it is another circus on something similar would want to partner with him? However, a simple one would be him also searching for young talons.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What did Power Girl do at the height of her popularity btw?

It depends. Since she has popped up in a few animation shows. Heck in DCSuperhero girls Supergirl draws up like Powergirl. So I would say it's average. So if we have Power girl has his love interest how do we interest the two? Okay, the two meet up at a Wayne event.

Oh shoot. We talking Nightwing directions/supporting casts and such again? My favorite topic!

Here's my big supporting cast pitch: Lor Zod/Chris Kent as Flamebird, Nightwing's sidekick. Granted, he might be tied up in whatever Bendis or whoever is doing right now, but things change in comics pretty quick. Lor is still young. He's got the whole evil-parents thing that keeps popping up in Dick's life. He'd be a connection to the world of the Supers that Dick fully deserves. He even has preexisting connection to property: Chris was Nightwing during the Batman Reborn era.

That works too. The first thing that popped to my head was Nightwing finds a collection of sleeping Talons and tries to save them using Haley’s and turning it into refuge for them now. Them all being Circus family so to speak. Jurgan’s made Cobb into some mustash twirling villain as if he was Court management, but if he actually bothered to do proper research Talons were actually just tools warped and turned to monsters by the Court.
    This is a great angle, and one I hadn't yet considered.

What about Jai West as a potential protege.

Nightwing and the Signal take center stage in Batman: Gotham Nights #8

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing...tham-nights-8/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing and the Signal take center stage in Batman: Gotham Nights #8

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing...tham-nights-8/
    Huh. Zucco's family getting bigger if we count everyone. There's the eldest daughter, Sonia, a banker. This guy, Brian Lester, looks like he's a young adult too... then there's the kid(s) he got from his new wife in New 52 who later left him.

What about Jai West as a potential protege.
    An interesting suggestion.

Are you thinking Jai with speed powers, Jai with no powers, or the Jai who might have maybe been the new Turtle we saw in that one panel from Doomsday Clock?

I obviously have no idea what the current status of the West kids is, other than they're back as of that Flash Forward mini.

I could easily see Wally sending his kid/s to train with Dick, too.

Gods, a speedster who was also trained by Nightwing? That's a scary son of a bitch.....

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Huh. Zucco's family getting bigger if we count everyone. There's the eldest daughter, Sonia, a banker. This guy, Brian Lester, looks like he's a young adult too... then there's the kid(s) he got from his new wife in New 52 who later left him.
    I like it. Those classic/stereotype Italian mob bosses always have huge families.....

~ Black Panther.