Page 104 of 233 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    An interesting suggestion.

Are you thinking Jai with speed powers, Jai with no powers, or the Jai who might have maybe been the new Turtle we saw in that one panel from Doomsday Clock?

I obviously have no idea what the current status of the West kids is, other than they're back as of that Flash Forward mini.

I could easily see Wally sending his kid/s to train with Dick, too.

Gods, a speedster who was also trained by Nightwing? That's a scary son of a bitch.....
    No powers, he could even become the turtle down the line ultimately, and ignoring current weird state of the West family. The motivation behind it would be as a way to keep Jai from being left out, and learn how to protect himself since he doesn’t have powers. Who better to show Jai you don’t necessarily need powers to be a hero.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-08-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Hell, even if the kid has powers, there's not many people in the DCU better at training young heroes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What did Power Girl do at the height of her popularity btw?
    She was prominent and eventually lead the Justice Society of America (JSA, Justice Society of America and JSA vs Kobra), lead her own splinter team (JSA All-Stars) and had her own run of comics (Power Girl Vol. 2). She was appearing in other books as well. PG was making lots of waves in the mid-to-late 2000s before the reboot took out her momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What about Jai West as a potential protege.

I think Jai West would work if it was a Dick-Wally team-up book. Not that Dick couldn't be a great mentor, but Wally's one of his closest friends and the kid's dad. It would be weird if he was absent the whole time. But a Nighwing/Flash ongoing book? I'd be all over that.

Many like Rose Wilson. Why not have her come back?

Bring in Rose and Priest
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Seeing Wilson and Priest name after reading today's Nightwing issue made me think of this :

spoilers:
    Bruce, Broose, Brucie, this is what happened when you neglect your sons. Villains will see them as poor lost boys and try to adopt them as their own. Before on TT Deathstoke targeted Damian, and now Joker try to adopt Dick. Perhaps after this Ra's will try to target Tim again XD
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Many like Rose Wilson. Why not have her come back?
    I agree. On my memory, the last I see Rose is on Priest book and she has somewhat okay relationship with Deathstroke. I like her more when she hates Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Jai West would work if it was a Dick-Wally team-up book. Not that Dick couldn't be a great mentor, but Wally's one of his closest friends and the kid's dad. It would be weird if he was absent the whole time. But a Nighwing/Flash ongoing book? I'd be all over that.
    Me too, I am not against Nightwing has protege, but if in the future he will have protege I hope that protege is someone Dick purely choose himself and not because they are related with someone he knows. After Tim and Damian, if Wally left Jai under Dick's care, Dick will be DC's Ultimate Babysitter.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-09-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    An interesting suggestion.

Are you thinking Jai with speed powers, Jai with no powers, or the Jai who might have maybe been the new Turtle we saw in that one panel from Doomsday Clock?

I obviously have no idea what the current status of the West kids is, other than they're back as of that Flash Forward mini.

I could easily see Wally sending his kid/s to train with Dick, too.

Gods, a speedster who was also trained by Nightwing? That's a scary son of a bitch.....
    So he would be like BART ALLEN.
    In the issue where BART ALLEN dies in the fight vs the rogues he confirms that he was trained by BATMANS PROTEGEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Seeing Wilson and Priest name after reading today's Nightwing issue made me think of this :

spoilers:
    Bruce, Broose, Brucie, this is what happened when you neglect your sons. Villains will see them as poor lost boys and try to adopt them as their own. Before on TT Deathstoke targeted Damian, and now Joker try to adopt Dick. Perhaps after this Ra's will try to target Tim again XD
    end of spoilers
    Since Rebirth Ra's has his eyes set on a new Bat kid. Duke. He's been trying his best to
    seduce Duke over to the dark side.

I love the idea of Rose as Dick's protege. He's mentored her before so why not make it status quo.
    It'll mean Slade trolling Dick on a regular bases which is a very good thing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I love the idea of Rose as Dick's protege. He's mentored her before so why not make it status quo.
    It'll mean Slade trolling Dick on a regular bases which is a very good thing.
    or Dick trolling Slade, depending on what kind of father he is

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Since Rebirth Ra's has his eyes set on a new Bat kid. Duke. He's been trying his best to
    seduce Duke over to the dark side.
    It's hilarious how Ra's started out with Bruce and keeps going down the line because he always failed.
    He skipped over Dick since he was Robin at the time he sets his eyes on Bruce and since he's his first victim, Dick is bound to reject the League even after he's shown his potential, so they see no point.
    Then Jason died and trained among the League but he went off on his own
    Then Tim, when he lost faith on the others but of course he returns to the Bat family
    Then Damian who they groomed but ran away
    Now Duke

hilarious, or a severe lack of originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    hilarious, or a severe lack of originality.
    The severe lack of originality is what make it hilarious

Okay we have Rose as Dick's protegee. What do we do with how? Do we keep her origin story or something different? Should we have her be around the same age as Dick when he became Robin?