Page 109 of 233 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3481

That's been restored for a while. When Dick's real memories were restored (remember, he simply can't tell them from the fake Talon ones, hence why he's still Ric), we saw moments from Dick's past - including the debut of the first Nightwing costume, which was clearly shown to be inside Titans Tower. Both this costume and the next one are being worn by two of the four new Nightwings (the other two use the New 52 and Rebirth costumes). So we know New Teen Titans happened. Additionally, Donna Troy now remembers all of her conflicting origins, including both from New Teen Titans (pre and post Crisis).

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Oh. My bad. It's been a while. My friends kept telling me he has cheated on women before. Okay. Should he have a femme Fatale? I mean does he need Mutiple lov interests? We have Kori and Babs. Do we need someone else to mix the pot?
    This topic came up in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. Batgirl and Huntress both love Dick (remember, Helena was Matron in the Grayson series), and Dick was dating the Defacer at the time. So yup, he had three love interests, and that's without Starfire being involved!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-11-2020 at 04:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    I loved this panel, it was about time to restore Dick and Slade's past history.
    If the insistence of keeping "Ric" in place until Joker War is so that they can spin-off a revived "Nightwing vs Deathstroke" personal rivalry out of its events in a Nightwing relaunch then...

... Well, if will still have been a stupid idea. But a slightly more respectable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's been restored for a while. When Dick's real memories were restored (remember, he simply can't tell them from the fake Talon ones, hence why he's still Ric), we saw moments from Dick's past - including the debut of the first Nightwing costume, which was clearly shown to be inside Titans Tower. Both this costume and the next one are being worn by two of the four new Nightwings (the other two use the New 52 and Rebirth costumes). So we know New Teen Titans happened. Additionally, Donna Troy now remembers all of her conflicting origins, including both from New Teen Titans (pre and post Crisis)
    I know, but the timeline is still a mess. Since Rebirth, they met in the Lazarus Contract arc, and the Priest's story about Damian father. Dick has seen his memory of Judas Contract (when he first wore the Nightwing suite), but not Slade.
    Something is still missing, and DC pushed so hard to make Slade a Damian's enemy, i thought they were just going to ignore Dick and Slade's past rivalry.
    Tynion, instead, is clearly telling us that Slade is going to help Joker only because of Dick, and that's just what I was waiting for.

Dick's memories being restored has been meaningless and inconsequential. A lazy attempt at fan appeasement that ultimately has served no purpose. They might a well not have done it cause it hasn't mattered in anyway.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-11-2020 at 07:04 AM.

I know, but the timeline is still a mess. Since Rebirth, they met in the Lazarus Contract arc, and the Priest's story about Damian father. Dick has seen his memory of Judas Contract (when he first wore the Nightwing suite), but not Slade.
    Something is still missing, and DC pushed so hard to make Slade a Damian's enemy, i thought they were just going to ignore Dick and Slade's past rivalry.
    Tynion, instead, is clearly telling us that Slade is going to help Joker only because of Dick, and that's just what I was waiting for.
    DC had nothing to do with Priest's obsession with Damian and Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick's memories being restored has been meaningless and inconsequential. A lazy attempt at fan appeasement that ultimately has served no purpose. They might a well not have done it cause it hasn't mattered in anyway.
    This. It irk's me so much when I see posts on reddit announcing that he's back y'all! Lets Party! Isn't it great Tynion finally brought him back!.

Dick Grayson is not back yet. It takes more than him being called Dick not Ric or remembering his past.
    Is he even acting like Dick Grayson? Can we recognise him?

With how many ideas we have on this forum. If we had to go with the lose memories than fake memories how would you guys write the story.

I loved this panel, it was about time to restore Dick and Slade's past history.
    I actually really like this panel too, it'd be nice if they renewed this rivalry a bit. The last good bit of stuff we got between two was in Morrison's Batman and Robin run. Slade has been so busy with Bruce and Damian these last few years.

I'm sure the Titans show will help the push in the comics, but we'll take what we can get.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    If the insistence of keeping "Ric" in place until Joker War is so that they can spin-off a revived "Nightwing vs Deathstroke" personal rivalry out of its events in a Nightwing relaunch then...

... Well, if will still have been a stupid idea. But a slightly more respectable one.
    I mean if you're going to keep going back to the same well, at least go back to the one with the potable water.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I actually really like this panel too, it'd be nice if they renewed this rivalry a bit. The last good bit of stuff we got between two was in Morrison's Batman and Robin run. Slade has been so busy with Bruce and Damian these last few years.

I'm sure the Titans show will help the push in the comics, but we'll take what we can get.
    Shows don't cause comic pushes.

Arrow - we didn't suddenly get multiple Canaries in the comics.
    Flash - Vibe has been totally AWOL in Rebirth, and I think the same goes for Elongated Man?
    Legends of Tomorrow - this team doesn't exist in the comics at all.
    Supergirl - when was the last time comics Kara interacted with Martian Manhunter? Also, her adoptive sister doesn't exist in the comics.
    Superman & Lois - they have two sons, one of whom doesn't exist in the comics.
    Swamp Thing - didn't get a comic at the time the show was released.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shows don't cause comic pushes.

Arrow - we didn't suddenly get multiple Canaries in the comics.
    Flash - Vibe has been totally AWOL in Rebirth, and I think the same goes for Elongated Man?
    Legends of Tomorrow - this team doesn't exist in the comics at all.
    Supergirl - when was the last time comics Kara interacted with Martian Manhunter? Also, her adoptive sister doesn't exist in the comics.
    Superman & Lois - they have two sons, one of whom doesn't exist in the comics.
    Swamp Thing - didn't get a comic at the time the show was released.
    Conversely, you had the Rebirth Titans series, which was about dealing with the fallout of kids whose metagenes were activated through...source wall energy leakage I think? This is similar to the plot of Young Justice season 3, which also involved people taking advantage of kids with new activated metagenes. And probably the aspect of working alongside the JL/Miss Martian being a team member after volume 4.

I would also argue that things like BTAS resulted in Dick and Babs being more of a thing in comics.

I think it just depends, really.
    Last edited by Wingin' It; 06-11-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Too many wicked whiches

I did it depends. The Wonder Twins became characters in the comics. Which did have a little push.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nightwing is a part of the Justice League during the new death metal crossover

justiceleague53.jpg

Justice League 52

written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    "Doom Metal" part one of five -- the Dark Nights: Death Metal tie-in that will directly impact the finale of that event! Nightwing's on a mission to free the Legion of Doom from Perpetua's clutches. But to do so, he'll need the help of none other than...Lex Luthor?! The surprises are only just beginning, as Nightwing, Lex, and a new Justice League must fight their way through an Earth twisted by the Dark Multiverse. Titans will be tested, hearts will be broken, and blood will be spilled!
    32 pages, $3.99, available on Sept 15.

Well, thats something. Im up for some Nightwing and Lex. And is that Detective Chimp lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2020 at 09:00 AM.

I wonder how many times Dick will come in to save the world with the "in case of emergency break glass" Justice League before he gets a regular seat at the table?

DC will never pull Batman from the League for Dick's sake (even though Bruce probably shouldn't be so involved with the team) but they could give Dick Ollie's spot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.