Page 11 of 233 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious. Given the fact his name in some continuities his name came from Clarke’s home planet. About a guy who made himself fly. Show Nightwing have made his suit somewhat capabilities to fly? Or thanks to his acrobatics that’s good enough
    The BTAS version and the first Rebirth suit have an underarm glider. He doesn't even need a grappling hook if he falls down around a construction area, but it's useful to have if he jumps from somewhere high into an open area with no bars to swing around or gargoyles to grapple on the way down.

True, flight might be much. I guess in the sense if the underarm gliders could be attached to part of his suit. That they can retract. By that, I mean how some of his suit designs have the stripes go all across his arms and part of his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    I think that flight might be a bit excessive for the type of hero Nightwing is, but I know in some continuities he has Spider-man like gliders under his arms, which I wouldn't mind seeing in the main universe.
    Correct, and here's the proof:

No, Dick's background as a performer is reflected in the way he moves across the rooftops. He's a showman and it shows in the way artists draw him moving across the city.

I like him parkouring his way over flying.

Look at the show off.

I love Batman's face here. He looks like disapproves but Nightwing gives Zero f**ks lol
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-12-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No, Dick's background as a performer is reflected in the way he moves across the rooftops. He's a showman and it shows in the way artists draw him moving across the city.

I like him parkouring his way over flying.

Look at the show off.

I love Batman's face here. He looks like disapproves but Nightwing gives Zero f**ks lol
    Dan mora is just awesome!
    I would love to have him as the main artist of the book or just doing the covers.

I’m curious. Given the fact his name in some continuities his name came from Clarke’s home planet. About a guy who made himself fly. Show Nightwing have made his suit somewhat capabilities to fly? Or thanks to his acrobatics that’s good enough
    The acrobatics is enough. Don't forget, his family when performing at the circus were known as the FLYING Graysons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I would love to have him as the main artist of the book or just doing the covers.
    Dan is indeed awesome.

This cover is so alive and full of energy especially Nightwing. Dan manged to capture Dick's personality and charm in one shot.
    The readers eyes can't help but be drawn to him.

He looks so happy and carefree which makes me sad since this was just before he got RICed.
    I'd take Dan on a Nightwing title or Travis Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The acrobatics is enough. Don't forget, his family when performing at the circus were known as the FLYING Graysons.
    Would the armgliders be also too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would the armgliders be also too much?
    Completely agree. Just thought those "arm-gliders" would come in handy as a back-up plan in case of emergencies.

I feel like a lot of artists go way overboard with the "acrobatic" stuff where it just looks ridiculous. Booth is one that comes to mind. Just odd body positions that don't really make any practical sense. I'd love for Dick to have more useful things like gliders on his suit or anything, but they will never do that because they want Nightwing to continue to be a Daredevil knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really, him starting at 8 was mentioned the first time in Marv Wolfmans NTT.
    Pretty sure him being 8 was the first age given to him in the original Golden Age Batman run I think. It is why the Young Justice show had him be 8 to reference that.

I would like to get the gliders back. As others have said, acrobatics and parkour is where Dick lives; that's how he gets around and that shouldn't change; it's as central to his heroics as Superman's flight poses. But the gliders would be useful in a lot of situations too, and it's something you don't usually see from the other Bats, or any other street level DC vigilante, for that matter.

But then again, if I got my way, I'd have Dick fighting some more powerful superhumans and wearing a costume akin to the Batman Beyond suit in its abilities. Minor enhancements to strength and agility, lots of utility belt type gadgets, glider wings and small jet boots to provide a boost, stealth options, and additional protection. Something that would compliment and enhance the way Dick moves and fights, not change or replace it. But as I've said, I'd pull Dick out of the street level and get him away from the Bat-lite crap, so anyone who likes Dick just being another Bat sidekick isn't going to agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I would kill to get Dan Mora on Nightwing. He's been one of my favorites ever since I discovered his art with Klaus. I mean, if an artist was better suited to Nightwing than Mora, I don't know them!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Favorite Flying Graysons costume, go!

Green like ASBAR?
    Batman Forever Red like Robin?
    New 52 Blue like Nightwing?
    Many colors like in Gotham?
    White like in Young Justice?
    The fully covered Bombshell one?
    and more

Collar and cape?
    Gymnast leotard?
    Shirtless vest?
    Mask?
    Sash?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-13-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Green like ASBAR?
    and more

Collar and cape?
    Gymnast leotard?
    Shirtless vest?
    Mask?
    Sash?
    I really like this one from ASBAR.

I usually prefer when they have costumes that don't look like his Robin costume, it makes the people of Gotham even more stupid to not figure out his secret identity.

Makes me wonder. What would it be a dumb idea to have Dick actually have his parents alive. They survived but Bruce still feels bad

Nothing cannon. A what if

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Green like ASBAR?
    and more

Collar and cape?
    Gymnast leotard?