Page 110 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3481

I kind of like that idea though. It fits with his character. Its like when he became Batman. Its not that he wanted to be Batman, but felt he had to. I like the idea that Dick doesn't want to be them, but he'll be the first guy to be there for them. Not to act as fodder though. I don't mean in that way. Honestly the more i think about it, the more i like it. It would serve a role rather than just being there. We have seen characters come and go on JL all the time, but how many actually serve a role.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nightwing is a part of the Justice League during the new death metal crossover

Attachment 97504

Justice League 52

written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    "Doom Metal" part one of five -- the Dark Nights: Death Metal tie-in that will directly impact the finale of that event! Nightwing's on a mission to free the Legion of Doom from Perpetua's clutches. But to do so, he'll need the help of none other than...Lex Luthor?! The surprises are only just beginning, as Nightwing, Lex, and a new Justice League must fight their way through an Earth twisted by the Dark Multiverse. Titans will be tested, hearts will be broken, and blood will be spilled!
    32 pages, $3.99, available on Sept 15.
    And by Joshua Williamson, too...

Either this will launch Williamson on "Nightwing", or the story will end up with a line up of heroes who get launched as a new Titans. That's my prediction.
    Last edited by Claude; 06-12-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Additionally, Donna Troy now remembers all of her conflicting origins, including both from New Teen Titans (pre and post Crisis).
    Wait, what? This is news to me.

Anyways, I'm interested to see where this Doom Metal stuff goes. Would be nice if Nightwing was allowed to head up the Justice League book...

Amazing Member

Anyone else feel the change since DiDio left? I would have never imagined Nightwing to lead the Justice League again.

Dicky or Joker Jr. is also going to fight Batgirl, Batman and the other Robins. If he beat or stalemate them, that will be nice and funny. We deserve it after the Ric nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Anyone else feel the change since DiDio left? I would have never imagined Nightwing to lead the Justice League again.
    I want to say yes, but I'm afraid I'm just grabbing at anything that looks even remotely like hope.

But.....Snyder doing a Grayson project, Dick getting back to normal, what appears to be a five issue story where he gets to lead a League in the flagship title.....

Even if none of this has actually materialized yet, just the rumor and hint and solicits are better than what we got under Didio in the last few years.

Lee did say he'd protect Nightwing. Maybe he was serious about that. But I've been burned by DC enough to not trust a thing they say until I have the issue/s in my own hands. And that's just getting Nightwing back on track, "quality" hasn't even entered the conversation yet and I demand more from DC and Nightwing than just crap stories where Dick is wearing the costume and going by the right name. No, I demand good stories too!

I remain in a "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" mindset for now.

But, unless my eyes deceive me, things *are* looking a bit better.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wonder how many times Dick will come in to save the world with the "in case of emergency break glass" Justice League before he gets a regular seat at the table?

DC will never pull Batman from the League for Dick's sake (even though Bruce probably shouldn't be so involved with the team) but they could give Dick Ollie's spot.
    Does that really happen much? I know there was Obsidian Age, but I can't think of any other examples.

(Forever Evil seemed to be going that way before plans changed, though - and No Justice definitely was.)

Eeh I still think 75 is going to be the end of his current series, and that they are bringing him back only to end his series at the same time. And if they do relaunch his book it probably won't be till after Metal. So i think the prospect they found themselves looking at was that they were bringing Nightwing back only to have him disappear for 7 months. They kind of had to find something to fill in that time. Otherwise any fan favor they might get back from bringing him back would be all for nothing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2020 at 10:39 PM.

If they do relaunch his book. I wonder if they will actually do a good job. I also wonder why can't Dick just be placed in a different branch of the JL. If we look at YJ. Why not have him do a new branch. Like if we go with the Talon circus idea why not looking for other children like that?

Amazing Member

Inject that Snyder detective Nightwing story where he surpasses Batman in some areas directly into my veins. That is my dream and ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Wait, what? This is news to me.
    You didn't read the Year of the Villain: The Infected: Deathbringer one-shot six months ago? It starred the Titans team and showed how Donna became part of Batman Who Laughs' team. She mentions her conflicting origins in that issue.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/The_Infec...ringer_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh I still think 75 is going to be the end of his current series, and that they are bringing him back only to end his series at the same time. And if they do relaunch his book it probably won't be till after Metal. So i think the prospect they found themselves looking at was that they were bringing Nightwing back only to have him disappear for 7 months. They kind of had to find something to fill in that time. Otherwise any fan favor they might get back from bringing him back would be all for nothing.
    Very possibly. But I haven't read the book for....two years now? How long has Ric been a thing? So if they do cancel the title and then wait until after Metal for the relaunch it's not like I'm losing anything I currently have.

I'd hope DC wouldn't squander Dick's return with a seven month hiatus, but expecting smart things from them is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Which writers do you guys think they should get? I mean the more I think about it. Dan Dido approved of these. He wanted Dick, so maybe this is a safe better someone good will be brought on

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Dick's role in Death Metal. The first Metal story should be a clear indication that Dick isn't someone that involved with it. It isn't really his story. Remember when people thought Dick's tie in issue with Hurt would lead to something? It didn't. Also they had Dick basically give up and wanted to leave Bruce for dead after Gotham fell and got punched in the face by Damian in the main Metal issue. Then he didn't appear in the series again until he was just shown dancing with some other DC heroes at the end while the actual important DC characters (the JL characters) went off to discuss important things.

Anyway, surprised it hasn't been posted yet but in a podcast Snyder talked about his upcoming plans about Death Metal and his Nightwing pitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ks_continuity/

"Snyder’s Nightwing has been pitched (with a high likelihood of it happening). Black Label. A mystery story that focuses on how different he is as a detective compared to Bruce, and how he’s also a better one in certain ways. “The most empathetic character in the family”. Shows his days as Robin, but shows the “possibilities” of where he could go later in life. The villain “is not a classic one”. Members of the bat-family pop up a few times."

So as expected it is out of DC's continuity and it will be in their Black Label line. That felt like the most obvious place it was going to be or some original graphic novel type of thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for Dick's role in Death Metal. The first Metal story should be a clear indication that Dick isn't someone that involved with it. It isn't really his story. Remember when people thought Dick's tie in issue with Hurt would lead to something? It didn't. Also they had Dick basically give up and wanted to leave Bruce for dead after Gotham fell and got punched in the face by Damian in the main Metal issue. Then he didn't appear in the series again until he was just shown dancing with some other DC heroes at the end while the actual important DC characters (the JL characters) went off to discuss important things.
    Well, the Dr Hurt tie-in led to the four part "Resistance" tie-in the Metal across Nightwing, Teen Titans and Green Arrow. I've sometimes wondered if, given Nightwing's relatively strong supporting character status in the early issues of Metal and that tie-in story, his near absence from the end of the story was related to the same editorial decision that replace him with Green Arrow for "No Justice".

Were I a cynical man, I might suspect that the solicitation explicitly stating that the Justice League story will directly influence the ending of the event is a pre-emptive response to these kinds of reactions.

(We're also in a very different place for Nightwing now - for the first Metal, his tie-ins were mostly forgettable and seemed to intrude on Seeley's first Hurt story and prevent his second - and I'd rather he hadn't been involved at all. Now, even if it doesn't come to anything, five issues of Dick in the Justice League title with Lex Luthor in a story that contributes to the finale of Death Metal stands in contrast to... Well, Ric Grayson And The Nightwings. I'll take it!)

Anyway, surprised it hasn't been posted yet but in a podcast Snyder talked about his upcoming plans about Death Metal and his Nightwing pitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ks_continuity/

"Snyder’s Nightwing has been pitched (with a high likelihood of it happening). Black Label. A mystery story that focuses on how different he is as a detective compared to Bruce, and how he’s also a better one in certain ways. “The most empathetic character in the family”. Shows his days as Robin, but shows the “possibilities” of where he could go later in life. The villain “is not a classic one”. Members of the bat-family pop up a few times."

So as expected it is out of DC's continuity and it will be in their Black Label line. That felt like the most obvious place it was going to be or some original graphic novel type of thing.
    That all sounds good to me!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wouldn't either, but I did note in the solicits that Nightwing is headlining Justice League in that shadow-dropped announcement of another Five-Issue tie-in to Death Metal. It has Hawkgirl and what looks like Lobo on the cover. I'd be curious to see if Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael return for that book because you know, they work pretty well with Nightwing.

Can't wait to see what other books join the "we don't want to overwhelm you with crossovers" line! I mean legitimately. It's a little funny to me at this point. Ultimately in this case there's not really any ongoings so strong that I care if they're interrupted by joining Death Metal, except maybe Morrison's Green Lantern, which I imagine either won't crossover at all ... or will have some kind of magical one-shot that does its own thing so well it doesn't matter that it's tying in.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com