Page 116 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Snyder cut isn’t going to change anything. They cleaned house after a JL bombed. They are not gonna repeat the same mistake a 3rd time.
    You have more faith in WB than I do then.

Did you see Birds of Prey? The only change WB has made in their movies is that they're now making a few films that *aren't* awful, while still repeating all the mistakes they've been making since Man of Steel.

I fully believe, and am confident in, WB's ability to not learn their lesson.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So far the only lesson is Wonder Woman. They are hiring directors who knew nothing about the characters. I'm not saying you need someone who knows all. I mean Robbie was the one to pick the film. She dropped the project of Gotham Sirens due to wanting black Canary, Caassie and Huntress yet nothing about them look like the characters. She should have stuck with GCS

The Didio thing is pretty much what we already knew, but him acknowledging more that he was playing it up as a heel.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Didio thing is pretty much what we already knew, but him acknowledging more that he was playing it up as a heel.
    I’ll say this, one thing that benefits Dick that Wally unfortunately suffers from is that modern Dick is a more distinct from modern Bruce than modern Wally is from modern Barry.* There’s so much overlap with Barry and Wally personality wise (both are meant to be everyman) where’s Dick has been written in a way that contrasts Bruce’s darkness. Plus he has his own codename.
    *i like both Barry and Wally, I really do. But I don’t envy writers who are going to have to juggle both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Hahaha! They are replacing DCEU Batman to make him mentor Batgirl or Batman Beyond. Nightwing is skipped or forgotten or killed again. Thank you DC, Warner and AT&T! I'm dead. That's it... I can't handle this anymore. Maybe Dick gets a cameo as a real person. Or another Robin costume with a middle finger sprayed on it. I don't know. I wish I could stop caring...
    Good for Babs but yeah I don’t see Dick being used in any Patterson or Keaton movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think we all knew he was leaning into it and playing it up when he started posting "Aw, dead Grayson! LOLZ" stuff on social media during movie premiers.

The fact that he hammed it up doesn't excuse the fact that it was bone-head stupid business and he cost the company a lot of potential and actual revenue.....but it's nice to know for certain that he wasn't as crazy about it as he made himself out to be, I guess.

I'd love to sit down with that guy and have a beer. I'd yell at him for letting his bias unduly influence business choices, but he does seem like a really nice dude.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean with Zack Synder's universe pretty much dead. Maybe Dick will have some luck

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean with Zack Synder's universe pretty much dead. Maybe Dick will have some luck
    It depends on how batgirl goes

I think it's more likely we'll get a independent Nightwing film than a film connected to a wider continuity.

But I don't think we're getting a film at all, so.......

First step is likely the Titans show. They're still doing a season 3 right? Make a quality season that shows off how great Nightwing is.....maybe that leads to a solo spin-off or a new show on HBO's streaming service or something. Success breeds success, and all that. We've got plenty of quality Dick Grayson/Nightwing in group settings, and Titans feels like the culmination of that success; a bigger budget effort churned out due to the success of stuff like TTGO!.....so now we just gotta show that Nightwing works as a solo act too. That's not hard, you just gotta get the right attention.

Honestly I don't even want a movie right now anyway. WB would just f**k it up like they have 75% of their other DC movies. I'd rather have no movie at all than a bad one.

~ Black Panther.

If we are lucky I really would want a Nightwing animated movie. If we had to pick any of his older stories which one would make a good Nightwing animated movie?

I don't know if they can make a good Batgirl movie. Wonder Woman did something that I thought would never happen. Only for Birds of Prey to mess it up. It really depends on who they get. The director they pick has to be someone who is good. I know a comic writer doesn't always equal screenwriter but I would like it if a comic writer was brought in to help.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-25-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If we are lucky I really would want a Nightwing animated movie. If we had to pick any of his older stories which one would make a good Nightwing animated movie?
    My choice would definitely be...

Nightwing: Year One

Anyone read Titans: Titans Forever #1? For the love of god, there’s a Titans comic that treated Dick like a actual leader, competent, and didn’t go out of its way to make everyone look BAD. Jason is even in the book & has a decent dynamic. It’s a good issue!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My choice would definitely be...

Nightwing: Year One

I miss this look. Say what you will, but it’s a George Perez exclusive. If it’s not busy, it wasn’t his design.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The discowing outfit definitely has a real charm to it. Obviously Dick couldn't wear something like that today but it should always be apart of his history.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPursuits View Post
    Anyone read Titans: Titans Forever #1? For the love of god, there’s a Titans comic that treated Dick like a actual leader, competent, and didn’t go out of its way to make everyone look BAD. Jason is even in the book & has a decent dynamic. It’s a good issue!
    I liked that too, I'm always starving for good Nightwing and Titans story, and that was a breathe of fresh air. Still missing Wally, but good overall and nobody was OOC

I'm curious due to his long history. What are the best and worst things Dick has done?