Page 12 of 233 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

As contrived as it may be I kinda love it when the Flying Graysons are depicted with the Nightwing colors, it brings Dick's journey full circle in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Probably not a popular choice, but I'm rather partial to this one:

Ah, I can see the Nightwing influence there. High collar like the 1984 suit, the yellow secondary colour - but the yellow part on the chest is bird shaped like his late 90s onwards costumes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Makes me wonder. What would it be a dumb idea to have Dick actually have his parents alive. They survived but Bruce still feels bad

Nothing cannon. A what if
    Come to think of it, nowadays, they SHOULD have survived, because there'd be a safety net.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It depends there are acts that don’t use safety nets. They do it for the scary value

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really like this one from ASBAR.

I usually prefer when they have costumes that don't look like his Robin costume, it makes the people of Gotham even more stupid to not figure out his secret identity.
    The G logo for Grayson is a nice touch.

I also prefer the ones that don't look like Robin or Nightwing, so either ASBAR or Young Justice

Oh, and since I like the mask and open half vest, I'm going with Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Favorite Flying Graysons costume, go!

Green like ASBAR?
    Batman Forever Red like Robin?
    New 52 Blue like Nightwing?
    Many colors like in Gotham?
    White like in Young Justice?
    The fully covered Bombshell one?
    and more

Collar and cape?
    Gymnast leotard?
    Shirtless vest?
    Mask?
    Sash?
    I like the New 52 blue. Mary's especially looked great.

Gymnast leotard.

I'm curious with the Flying Grayson's outfit shouldn't his robin costume be designed by that? Similar design but different color?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    As contrived as it may be I kinda love it when the Flying Graysons are depicted with the Nightwing colors, it brings Dick's journey full circle in a way.
    Once upon a time they had Robin's colors, one more thing they took from Dick so everybody else could have it. Robin went from being Dick's personal creation to just a suit that goes with the part time job, I bet Batman even charges them for the uniform.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Once upon a time they had Robin's colors, one more thing they took from Dick so everybody else could have it. Robin went from being Dick's personal creation to just a suit that goes with the part time job, I bet Batman even charges them for the uniform.
    Come on, Bruce knows better than to try and take a kid's money. He just had Dick sign away all licensing and merchandising rights to Robin during the oath. Why shake down for a penny when you can have a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious with the Flying Grayson's outfit shouldn't his robin costume be designed by that? Similar design but different color?
    Robin is a nickname from his mom, so the Flying Grayson's costume doesn't have to be the inspiration for Robin. He just needs to use the Robin bird color and based the design on Robin Hood's tunic, so they can be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Come on, Bruce knows better than to try and take a kid's money. He just had Dick sign away all licensing and merchandising rights to Robin during the oath. Why shake down for a penny when you can have a fortune.
    Of everything but the movements, that's why the others can't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    Man what the heck is even canon anymore? It's all over the place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    Well...at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Would have been nicer if that happened a year ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Man what the heck is even canon anymore? It's all over the place.
    Almost everything is canon but didn't happen the same way, in short, it's a new canon. Post-Doomsday Clock we're officially in the 1G to 5G timeline table that Bleeding Cool leaked a while back.

So Judas Contract is back as it was said on that time table, Barbara's Batgirl is wearing her classic costume and she looks older, Dick did propose to Babs right before Infinite Crisis that's also happened...

The difference is Bludhaven survived Infinite Crisis in this timeline, and he's wearing his New 52 costume in the later Robin year, while as a child he wears the classic Robin costume but with pants.

I just wish this isn't Jurgens so I can say with confidence when and where which canon happened because now I'm second-guessing The Flying Grayson's death in the last Annual. What if DC actually decided to use the ASBAR version?

By the way, in the new timeline, Barbara was shot by The Joker around the time Jason died as usual but recovered during the Final Crisis era.

And... ah ship, Iguana Lady Shiva is there. Whatever. Dick says he's confused about which memory is his, so I'm just gonna chalk it up to Jurgens, Manhattan, and his memory until we get a new writer.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2020 at 07:53 AM.