Page 125 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3481

I wouldn't even bother with the "save the League" stuff. That's a common enough theme in Titans and Nightwing history. If I could I'd ignore the League completely, but to ensure the stakes of an Event seem high enough you *have* to use them in some fashion.....so instead of saving them, I'd have Dick take some of them down. Show us that Bruce isn't the only baseline human who can pull down a god.

As for the hook? You've got a few options, and none of them are crazy great. You can pick a threat from within Dick's solo mythos, which basically limits you to Blockbuster and the Bludhaven mobs and Raptor. It'd take a lot of work to make them seem like a big enough problem to warrant a Event. Or you can grab a threat that Dick has co-ownership of, like the Court of Owls or Spyral. Arguably the best approach here, and one would assume that the Event would shift the villain into Dick's rogues gallery completely. Or you bring in a brand new threat nobody has heard of. Not a bad way to go but the lack of precedent will have to be balanced out carefully, so you don't look like you're trying too hard (avoid red shirt-ing someone, yknow?). Last option, you take a established threat Dick has no prior connection to, like Professor Zoom....but that just looks random and weird.

It it were me? I have an idea in my head for the Flamebird and Nightwing of Kryptonian myth coming to earth and being curious about the humans using their names. I won't bore people with the details, but it's an example of using an IP that Dick is connected to (his name comes from Superman) but doesn't really own.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

How about Dick starts a generational revolt against the authoritarianism of the JL. Or what about Dick starts a Titans Lives Matters movement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean ignoring Dc. If Dick were to have his own main event. What would it be? Talking outside the box. If we were to take Dick outside would Dc is allowing him to be. He needs a break from his family. Something not dealing with Batman. I mean it would be a little too easy. We had something like that. Okay many say they want Dick on JL. So what if Dick had a big event that had to deal with saving the JL. Or too crazy? The JL goes missing who better to take over than the Titans. They have to figure out where the JL has gone.
    That's been done and would only retread the same ground narrative wise.

The truth is, you couldn't give Dick a event. Purely because DC haven't done enough to build up his own mythos. You need a solid foundation with which to build off of. They've established a few new ripples with the Court Of Owls, Raptor and Spyral. But more needs to be done - they need to establish a solid support cast, reestablish his own rogues, give him his own day job etc.

I think Ascended is on the right path. But I wouldn't involve the Titans. I'd have the younger heroes who aren't affiliated with any titans/young justice roster suddenly go missing. Preferably ones without any mentors to notice them missing. Somehow, Dick gets drawn into it (maybe there is a teen hero in Bludhaven who he saves from getting kidnapped) and Dick mounts a rescue mission. The only issue is you need the League and Titans off the board so he is forced to go solo. He saves them, assembles them into a team, then goes on to mentor them himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How about Dick starts a generational revolt against the authoritarianism of the JL. Or what about Dick starts a Titans Lives Matters movement.
    they wouldn't take him seriously. They'd know he'd just follow his bat daddy's orders. They may follow jason through.

They will just have Dick apologize and ask Bruce if he is disappointed in him like last time. Then Roy will punch Dick in the face again, haha.

Mighty Member

Actually it would work and be perfect...

Only thing which you need is bring Pre-Flashpoint timeline back with Conner,Cassie,Bart,Tim....as the second Titans team.

Its a good Idea, but he needs more support and this support can come from Conner, who was the biggest Titans Hero in Pre-Flashpoint, since he died in IC.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Titans is the generational revolt.

Speaking of stories, I just want things that make sense...
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-17-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think Ascended is on the right path. But I wouldn't involve the Titans.
    Best to leave the Titans team out of it, at least for the most part. Given the state of the franchise it won't do Dick many favors to include them. More like a noose around his neck. Plus, the Titans largely exist just for Events to eat them and prove how "serious" the threat is, and a Nightwing Event killing off the Titans' dross wouldn't be a good look.

However, using some of Dick's closest friends like Donna and Wally would be viable. They're former Titans, but far more pertinent is the fact they're Dick's BFF's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

NIGHTWING #75
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by TRAVIS MOORE and RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    ON SALE 10/20/20
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    In the wake of "The Joker War," Nightwing is back—but is he back for good? And does he remember Bea? With the help of Batman, Batgirl, his Teen Titans friends, and even Alfred, Nightwing must decide for himself which path to take. Then, when KGBeast discovers Nightwing is still alive, his street credibility is on the line if he doesn't go to finish the job he started when he tried to kill Nightwing…and missed! Nightwing better watch his back is he wants to be back for good!

It’s not marked as final issues but Batgirl is with the same page count. Though with the 5G plans changed maybe it’s not and they are just gonna keep it going as long as Jurgens wants to write it. Which would be a terrible decision cause Jurgens has been terrible, and he is completely out of touch on this title.
    They need to get him and his mediocrity off and end this book. No one gives a **** about if he remembers Bea. The need to distance him from these last 2 years of dog crap that no one liked. They can’t remain this out of touch. The solic should be screaming Ric is gone! Not leaving Ric still in question. They need to accept their failure and move on, definitely. Not let the worse selling Nightwing writer continue to do what he’s been doing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2020 at 11:02 AM.

NIGHTWING #75
    written by DAN JURGENS
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    ON SALE 10/20/20
    In the wake of "The Joker War," Nightwing is back—but is he back for good? And does he remember Bea? With the help of Batman, Batgirl, his Teen Titans friends, and even Alfred, Nightwing must decide for himself which path to take. Then, when KGBeast discovers Nightwing is still alive, his street credibility is on the line if he doesn't go to finish the job he started when he tried to kill Nightwing…and missed! Nightwing better watch his back is he wants to be back for good!

More Dan Jurgens... great...

He is also in both Justice Leagues issues of October.
    I guess we have to wait until Death Metal ends for a new writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

NIGHTWING #75
    written by DAN JURGENS
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    ON SALE 10/20/20

Batgirl and Outsiders are ending in October. I also read that Red Hood will end soon.

So, Nigtwing may just last one month more.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-17-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    So, Nigtwing may just last one month more.
    Do we have good reason to think it'll be cancelled? Or are we just assuming it will be?

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

NIGHTWING #75
    written by DAN JURGENS
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    ON SALE 10/20/20

I guess this brings this whole mess of a story full-circle with Dick fighting KGBeast.

I wonder who of the Titans shows up. And they probably won't bother to explain why none of them (Cough)Raven, Ms. Martian(Cough) tried to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Do we have good reason to think it'll be cancelled? Or are we just assuming it will be?
    It’s the assumption that since a bunch of other series are ending and series writers are finishing their last arcs with fillin stories taking place for those not ending that Death Metal is going to relaunch most if not all series with a new #1.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If is indeed cancelled, is to be relaunch with a new creative team. Batgirl and Nightwing are good selling books for DC not to have in the market.