Page 126 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3481
    Astonishing Member

You know, I'm somehow just glad, that right after his return Dick will get a chance to kick KGBeast's ass.

It’s Jurgens though. So expect it dragged out, fruitless, and unsatisfying. Like the return of his memories.

Personally I’m probably going to go read the Justice League tie-in by Williamson. Mainly for Duck with Cyborg and Starfire again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I’m probably going to go read the Justice League tie-in by Williamson. Mainly for Duck with Cyborg and Starfire again.

Presumably, this suggests Williamson will be spinning it off into a new "Titans" book rather than a Nightwing solo.

There are worse things in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Presumably, this suggests Williamson will be spinning it off into a new "Titans" book rather than a Nightwing solo.

Joshua Williamson writing a Titans book? That...that honestly wouldn't be too bad to be honest.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm still holding out hope Williamson will write Nightwing. It's clear DC has a relaunch on the way, I'd rather Jurgens not keep writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I mean I would add a character or two and remove Luthor, but I would honestly read a Titans or Justice League book with this line-up. I mean its Starfire, Nightwing, and Cyborg from the Titans, Kendra Saunders from the JSA, and you can decide whether or not to keep detective chimp. If you were to add characters like Jessica Cruz, Kyle Rayner, A flash (it could be Wally but maybe Jesse Quick), Supergirl, Miss Martian or others that come to mind and you can have a pretty good line-up on your hands.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Remember we speculated that Jurgens was going to keep writing Nightwing during 5G and bring over his Dick becomes mayor of Bludhaven story that he was writing in Batman Beyond. So even if 5G fell through it isn't a huge surprise that Jurgens would continue to write it if he wants to if the plan was to keep him on the book anyway for 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s the assumption that since a bunch of other series are ending and series writers are finishing their last arcs with fillin stories taking place for those not ending that Death Metal is going to relaunch most if not all series with a new #1.
    Okay, that's what I thought.

Yeah a relaunch seems likely after Metal 2 wraps up, but that's not the same thing as a straight cancellation. I think if DC was gonna drop Nightwing for good they'd have done it already. Clearly, despite Didio, *somebody* realized that no Nightwing on the stands is a mistake.

As for Jurgens staying on the book.....I dunno; sales have done nothing to justify keeping him and the reviews of the book do nothing but encourage DC to sweep the last couple years under the rug, bring in new creators, and never mention Ric or any of his writers again. I love Jurgens but he has done nothing on this book and should not remain; all that'll do is ensure sales don't bounce back to where they should be.

It's DC, so who the hell knows what they'll do; whatever it is it'll likely not be what the IP deserves. But I struggle to see them keeping anything from the Ric saga around, including creators. They do that, they might as well just cancel the book for real.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Remember 5G was the plan, and I doubt Nightwing had much of a place in that, but now they are scrambling to do something else. Nightwing sales are not good. Before they were being artificially inflated by Joker War they fell to Batman Beyond levels. At this point it’s existence is about Jurgens, not the character.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Remember 5G was the plan, and I doubt Nightwing had much of a place in that, but now they are scrambling to do something else. Nightwing sales are not good. Before they were being artificially inflated by Joker War they fell to Batman Beyond levels. At this point it’s existence is about Jurgens, not the character.
    Yeah. They need something to help the sales (and that's situation for comics in general).

I mean, a new #1 will increase the sales for a while, but it won't last.

Honestly, I'm not even sure a good quality story is enough to keep sales steady. Even Grayson had fallen to 30K at the end (and the fall seemed to continue).

I would like Dick and Damian working as team in a book, maybe that helps the stories and the sales.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

NIGHTWING #75
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by TRAVIS MOORE and RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    ON SALE 10/20/20
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    In the wake of "The Joker War," Nightwing is back—but is he back for good? And does he remember Bea? With the help of Batman, Batgirl, his Teen Titans friends, and even Alfred, Nightwing must decide for himself which path to take. Then, when KGBeast discovers Nightwing is still alive, his street credibility is on the line if he doesn't go to finish the job he started when he tried to kill Nightwing…and missed! Nightwing better watch his back is he wants to be back for good!

More Dan Jurgens... great...

He is also in both Justice Leagues issues of October.
    I guess we have to wait until Death Metal ends for a new writer.
    Once this is all over I don't mind KGBeast as a recurring enemy since Nightwing is The One Who Got Away

What I hate is Ric, not the shooting itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. They need something to help the sales (and that's situation for comics in general).
    Things look bad, and the last couple years have been straight f*cking awful. But let's not discount Nightwing or his fanbase. We're talking about one of the most stable and consistent comics in the entire industry, when DC itself isn't hell bent on ruining it (does my money smell bad or something? I don't understand why they don't want it).

It might take a little time for readers to return, and it'll serve DC right if it does; they f*cked us over hard and laughed about it. But you slap a new #1 on the cover, the proper Nightwing costume and name, and put a decent creative team on the book (like Williamson maybe) and before long Nightwing will be selling what he used to. It won't happen over night, but it'll happen. And all that is the bare minimum effort; if Jim Lee puts his money where his mouth is and really is out to protect Nightwing, we'll get more than that bare level effort (might not happen until the company recovers from the pandemic unbalancing stuff though). And if we get that extra effort, the sales will bounce back faster and might even settle at a higher average than the book historically has.

Work needs to be done to repair the character and book, but Nightwing doesn't require miracles. It just requires a decent creative team and an editor who doesn't actively try to sh*t on him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Truly it seems they have him connected to Batman too much. Dick should have a good relationship but shouldn't need to apologize for many things. Dick is well respected. Sadly Dc wants things to always have Dick just be a big sidekick. There comes a time where maybe another fallout is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Joshua Williamson writing a Titans book? That...that honestly wouldn't be too bad to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm still holding out hope Williamson will write Nightwing. It's clear DC has a relaunch on the way, I'd rather Jurgens not keep writing.
    Why not both? He'll have the time, Flash was a double shipping book and neither Titans nor Nightwing are. And didn't Williamson say he wasn't done with the speedsters? A Titans book should have Wally in it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman