Page 127 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3481
    Incredible Member

No, please, not another fallout with Bruce. That’s a part of why Dick is Bat lite.
    Grayson has people skills, he uses his words. They can certainly disagree, and Dick can choose to distance himself, but they are truly brothers, and should never lose that connection. The connection should not be at the hip, is all.

Spectacular Member

I would really prefer a new writer. I know Jurgens had to writer "Ric" and not Nightwing proper, but the guy could have done something interesting with it instead of spinning his wheels and dragging out the storyline (and I use that word lightly) with pointless recap that will be even more intolerable in a trade.

I know he's not a bad writer overall, but he did such an actively bad job with this title that I'd quite literally like to see any other writer give a whack at it. Except for Lobdell, even I won't breathe that evil into the world.

True. All I’m saying is Dc needs to even treat Dc like a Solo hero within the Batfam or take him out. By that I mean he has connections of course but he isn’t going to appear in the Batfam comics often one or two. They have to honestly cut back on his appearance. The appearances that should appear could simple be family related. Once again to not make him Bat lite it would more to do about his city. Not only that but no sidekicks. I mean even those Rose is with good relationships with her dad. Would it still work with rose and him be mentor and mentee? He basically needs more clear cut supporting cast that would balance out Batfam

Also when it comes to the age gaps with the robins how wide are they.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-17-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True. All I’m saying is Dc needs to even treat Dc like a Solo hero within the Batfam or take him out. By that I mean he has connections of course but he isn’t going to appear in the Batfam comics often one or two. They have to honestly cut back on his appearance. The appearances that should appear could simple be family related. Once again to not make him Bat lite it would more to do about his city. Not only that but no sidekicks. I mean even those Rose is with good relationships with her dad. Would it still work with rose and him be mentor and mentee? He basically needs more clear cut supporting cast that would balance out Batfam

Also when it comes to the age gaps with the robins how wide are they.
    Dick was in college when Pre Crisis Jason came in

Dick was in New Teen Titans and living with Starfire when Post Crisis Jason became Robin

Jason died at 15, Tim came in at 13

Jason was revived soon after he's buried because of Superboy-Prime punch altering reality

Steph is one year older than Tim. I believe the age at that time was Robin 14, Spoiler 15

Dick moved to Bludhaven, worked as a Bartender, then went through a police academy, then became a cop, then worked as a museum curator...

When Damian arrived at 10 and Dick became Batman, Tim was still a high schooler, and I don't remember if Steph was in high school or college as Batgirl but she did infiltrate St. Hadrian's college so I'm gonna say she's in college, 18 years old, while Tim is 17.

and now Duke is a high schooler while Damian is 13 years old
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-17-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I would like Dick and Damian working as team in a book, maybe that helps the stories and the sales.
    I like this idea. Damian is only good when he has other characters to bounce off. Him and Dick were great. Damian, despite being Bruce's son, doesn't function well with him out in the field. With Dick, he did. Yes, Nightwing & Robin.

NIGHTWING: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS HC
    written by KYLE HIGGINS, TOM DeFALCO, TIM SEELEY, TOM KING, and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by EDDY BARROWS, EDUARDO PANSICA, TREVOR McCARTHY, BRETT BOOTH, WILL CONRAD, CLIFF RICHARDS, JASON MASTERS, DANIEL SAMPERE, SANFORD GREENE, DOUG MAHNKE, GREG CAPULLO and others
    cover by EDDY BARROWS
    ON SALE 12/1/20
    $99.99 US | 832 PAGES | FC | DC
    7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-700-6
    It's a new era for Dick Grayson as Nightwing gets a fresh start—one that takes Dick back to his origins.
    When Haly's Circus, where Dick Grayson once performed, returns to Gotham City, it brings a mysterious, superhuman evil. Nightwing works to uncover the mysteries that the circus brought with it, but he finds himself torn between his two lives: circus performer and superhero. Is it possible that the two are more connected than he ever realized? Nightwing will travel with Haly's Circus across the East Coast and beyond in his attempt to discover the dark truths that hide beneath the big top.
    Back in Gotham, Nightwing will face off against villains like Lady Shiva and The Joker—in this omnibus collection of Nightwing's memorable New 52 adventures! Collects Nightwing #0-30, Batman #17, Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine's Day Special #1, Nightwing Annual #1, and Secret Origins #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick was in college when Pre Crisis Jason came in

Dick was in New Teen Titans and living with Starfire when Post Crisis Jason became Robin

Jason was revived soon after he's buried because of Superboy-Prime punch altering reality

Steph is one year older than Tim. I believe the age at that time was Robin 14, Spoiler 15

Dick moved to Bludhaven, worked as a Bartender, then went through a police academy, then became a cop, then worked as a museum curator...

When Damian arrived at 10 and Dick became Batman, Tim was still a high schooler, and I don't remember if Steph was in high school or college as Batgirl but she did infiltrate St. Hadrian's college so I'm gonna say she's in college, 18 years old, while Tim is 17.

and now Duke is a high schooler while Damian is 13 years old
    Yeah, Steph was at college in her Batgirl series. She would've been posing as being a year or two younger than her real age when Batman enrolled her at St Hadrians in Batman Incorporated (in an issue delayed enough that it was printed AFTER New 52 started, meaning it had already been retconned!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

and now in Rebirth Tim's getting a scholarship to college and the solicit for Young Justice talked about the team entering young adulthood, so they'd be around 18 and if you say Steph enrolled as a year younger then it fits if she's 19 now.

So classically the age difference is Dick to Jason a minimum of 5 years
    Cass is the same age as Jason
    Jason to Steph is 1 year
    Steph to Tim is 1 year
    Tim to Duke is around 1-2 years
    Duke to Damian is 3-4 years

So supposedly the current lineup is
    Damian 13
    Duke 16-17
    Tim 18
    Steph 19
    Jason and Cass 20
    Dick 25
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-18-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

and now in Rebirth Tim's getting a scholarship to college and the solicit for Young Justice talked about the team entering young adulthood, so they'd be around 18 and if you say Steph enrolled as a year younger then it fits if she's 19 now.

Cass is the same age as Jason
    Jason to Steph is 1 year
    Steph to Tim is 1 year
    Tim to Duke is around 1-2 years
    Duke to Damian is 3-4 years

So supposedly the current lineup is
    Damian 13
    Duke 16-17
    Tim 18
    Steph 19
    Jason and Cass 20
    Dick 25
    However, Tim's age is inconstant. In Tynion's Detective Comics, it was mentioned he was 16 (he could college earlier because he is pretty smart).

A problem with age is Batman, DC doesn't want the members of the Batfamily to grow, because it would make Batman too old.

However, Tim's age is inconstant. In Tynion's Detective Comics, it was mentioned he was 16 (he could college earlier because he is pretty smart).

A problem with age is Batman, DC doesn't want the members of the Batfamily to grow, because it would make Batman too old.
    Yes but that was really early in Rebirth. Since then they've been adding more years to the back story and bringing back old canon until that solicitation mentioned the YJ generation are entering young adulthood... and since Bendis and Snyder seem to be counting old continuities as canon, even though it's not exactly clear since the new timeline isn't official yet, this is what logical to me for now.

The Robin 80th anniversary special retconned that. In a prequel to Detective Comics Rebirth, Tim told Dick that he wasn't 20 yet. Surely if he was only 16 he would've said so, that reads as him being 18 or 19.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I know this will be difficult but with how DC is. How do we stop having Dick just be Bat-lite? I mean should it be how Bruce treats Dick? With how long he has known him and how well-round DIck is. Shouldn't it be more he treats Dick equal?

Extraordinary Member

Classically (comics fro the 80s) it is more like 7 years to Jason and 8 years to Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Jason dieing at 15 isn't from the comics (it is from the Batman Files) and not really canon. Based on the comics Jason was 12 when Bruce took him in, and him being with Bruce long enough to turn 15 just doesn't work with the time line.

Classically (comics fro the 80s) it is more like 7 years to Jason and 8 years to Tim.
    Based on these comics it is even easier to find arguments for Tim and Jason being the same age, as for Jason being two years older than Tim.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I like this idea. Damian is only good when he has other characters to bounce off. Him and Dick were great. Damian, despite being Bruce's son, doesn't function well with him out in the field. With Dick, he did. Yes, Nightwing & Robin.
    I think because Damian is Bruce's son that's why their dynamic is not as compatible as BrucexDick and DickxDamian. They're kinda similar, both are dominating person, but the way they view the world are different. Every time I see Bruce and Damian conflict, they remind me of a pair of bull who bash their head with each other. Their dynamics are often go like this :
    Batman : I SAID-
    Damian : AND I SAID-

Sometimes I feel sorry for Dick to be sandwiched between them, but if there's someone in the world who can tame those two Waynes, it's him. I think Dick is Bruce's favorite Robin and Damian's favorite Batman.