Page 131 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a few things to wrap up. Sap, aka Nightwing Prime, is currently in the hospital, being watched over by two of the other three faux-Nightwings, after being attacked by Joker. They are, however, already considering giving it up, having just realised it was Joker and not Talon who targeted them. They finally realised they're in over their heads. The Bea relationship needs ending somehow. Dick will need to be updated on the status of the Bat family, and what's happened to both Titans teams (his own and Damian's) as well as Wally. As you say, he needs to grieve for Alfred, as though he knew of his death, he wasn't emotionally attached at the time. And they'll probably want to link into Death Metal: Justice League.
    I thought the Nightwing Prime guy died in the hospital? I only skimmed a pirated copy of the issue so I don't remember it clearly though. The thing with Bea is that Jurgens is going to address her situation given the solicit, but she is also a character no one cares about and will be forgotten for good after it. So it is a bit frustrating wasting more time on a character that has no value in any future story when people already don't like the story she is in now.

But if reading comics for as long as I have has taught me anything is that the actual important things readers would be interested in, like what happened to Wally in Heroes in Crisis, won't be touched on in Nightwing because it was never present in the Ric story. Jurgens isn't going to suddenly touch on the Heroes in Crisis story and its fallout that is a year old now when they purposefully ignored it. Creators like to keep these stories self contained. Even the Alfred thing will probably not be dealt with other than a quick panel at most given they think that special Alfred funeral issue was enough for it. Same with the Titans. They won't be touched on either since they were never present in the Nightwing story. It is likely that the issues after #75 will be just tying into Death Metal like you said given they don't really have anything else.

Extraordinary Member

How do we get bea. Out

Bat Ranger Nightwing by Dan Mora.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_93Aelq-k/

The only loose ends are a the Nightwing team that has already pretty much fallen to the wayside, and Bea. Both of which can be tied up rather quickly. Simply stating that he’s back wraps up the Nightwings, and with Bea it’s as simple telling her that he doesn’t know her and she doesn’t know him. Probably wasn’t a good idea taking advantage of a delusional hobo recovering from brain damage. None of this needs to be dagged out beyond a page or two, but Jurgen’s will probably recap an arc out of it. The Titans, Wally, Death Metal none of this has been relevant to Ric and aren’t lose ends.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-23-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

This is so dope, I'd accept this as a redesign without the helmet. Hell he could keep it if he's on a motocycle.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I've seen a lot of fanart that adds a little yellow to Dick's color scheme, It works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is so dope, I'd accept this as a redesign without the helmet. Hell he could keep it if he's on a motocycle.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

I saw some article CBR posted about Mora's Batman & Robin/Rangers art but I didn't know he did Nightwing too.

....I might toss a little glow effect into the bird emblem....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

That's rad. And eerily reminiscent of the Nightwing costume in my dream that was blue & red. Replace those yellow bits with a sort of faded blood red and swap the helmet for a more classic Nightwing facemask and it'd be pretty darned close.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I like the splash of yellow. The more I see it, the I want to see it for his next costume.

I've said it before, but my kingdom for Dan Mora on a Nightwing title.

I mean, that's basically one of the best updates to the suit I've ever seen, and Mora did it as, what, some kind of "warm up before the real work begins" screwing off fan fiction? What the crap kind of unfair, ridiculous level of talent is that?

If I ever somehow fell into a position at DC one of the first things I'd try to do is recruit this guy for more than covers.

I don't even know who I'd pair him with as far as writers go. Screw it, I'll let him pick who he wants. He can write the thing himself if he wants to.

Anyone on his social media? He ever say anything about doing a real DC project? Or anything about Dick?
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-24-2020 at 12:02 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    That's rad. And eerily reminiscent of the Nightwing costume in my dream that was blue & red.
    Maybe the theory that our comic books are reflections of real events in other realities is true and you and Mora picked up the same thing? Maybe on another earth somewhere Dick changed his costume

~ Black Panther.

That helmet/mask is pretty cool.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

this is so cool.

What is the best version of his costume in the modern-day? I feel like maybe they should have kept compacts in his costume. I mean what's a batfam without their gadget. Oh and the glider needs a comeback. What's so hard about the glider that can be hidden? It fits with his daredevil nature.

As much as I like the simple look of his classic blue and black costume I'd be up for a complete overhaul to it with something like this. With some kind of full face mask. The classic one is just too simple and I think translates very poorly to live action, but people would probably hate it if they change too much.