Page 133 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3481

I'm pretty sure Snyder already said it's a Nightwing story about how Dick and Bruce are different from each other when it comes to crime fighting.

Yes, but some people (frustratingly) will just use Nightwing to describe a Dick Grayson story, regardless of mantle.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If the story of Snyder is about Dick as Batman, I think that would only contribute to the idea that Nightwing is a lesser identity.
    I said the exact same thing when we first heard about the project.

Far as I know, we have no idea what the project actually is, beyond an exploration of the differences between Dick and Bruce, and that the story will do flashbacks covering Dick's journey and development, from Robin to Nightwing to Batman to (I think?) Agent 37.

It *could* be a Nightwing story. It *could* be a DickBats story. I don't think we know for certain, but going by what I've seen Snyder say I suspect it's DickBats. But that's just a guess.

I *hope* it's Nightwing. If it's not then yes, this is just a Batman story with someone else in the cowl and it will do nothing for Nightwing himself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think anything Agent 37 ever came up, just Robin, Nightwing, and Batman.

As for animation, if you want good quality Nightwing you really only have Young Justice. The animated movies, even when decent, don't do enough of a good job with the character to be noteworthy, and besides that he rarely appears in anything else. There were those toyetic Batman animated movies, not sure whether those are still ongoing but that was decent at least.

Treat while he doesn't appear much in the animation movies at least he does a better job than the new 52. Makes you wonder if doing a animated movie for Nightwing was matter. He has the fanbase. It's just the cast that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I said the exact same thing when we first heard about the project.

Far as I know, we have no idea what the project actually is, beyond an exploration of the differences between Dick and Bruce, and that the story will do flashbacks covering Dick's journey and development, from Robin to Nightwing to Batman to (I think?) Agent 37.

It *could* be a Nightwing story. It *could* be a DickBats story. I don't think we know for certain, but going by what I've seen Snyder say I suspect it's DickBats. But that's just a guess.

I *hope* it's Nightwing. If it's not then yes, this is just a Batman story with someone else in the cowl and it will do nothing for Nightwing himself.
    He can't currently be Batman if Agent 37 is part of his history, as that came after his second stint in the cowl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Snyder's Dick Batman story is the story he didn't get to tell when he was writing that era
    That's what I remember he said in the interview, that's the only info I got, and I don't expect it to be anymore or less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He can't currently be Batman if Agent 37 is part of his history, as that came after his second stint in the cowl.
    Oh yeah, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Snyder's Dick Batman story is the story he didn't get to tell when he was writing that era
    That's what I remember he said in the interview, that's the only info I got, and I don't expect it to be anymore or less than that.
    Yup. The only question is if Snyder will adapt the story for the current state of things or if it'll be set off on its own as either an Elseworlds or a "untold tales" story.

From what I've heard him say, Snyder could possibly take his story, put Dick in the Nightwing suit, and have him baby sitting Gotham while Bruce is out of town and it wouldn't change much. So it's *possible* it'll be a in continuity Nightwing tale. I don't think it will be, but from what I've heard it's possible. I'm sure we'll just get DickBats, but until we know for sure I don't like to discount any options yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe it will have some continuity elements, but it will be its own thing. I can't imagine it will be in continuity if it is going to be a Black Label book. I think Snyder just wants to tell this retrospective Dick Grayson story about how he is as a hero compared to Bruce and go through his time as Robin, Nightwing, and Batman while being set in Gotham.

That's what I assume. But until we get a real announcement we don't *know.*

~ Black Panther.

Other than being the first Robin. What makes Dick a remember character? I think it's the fact even in the darkest hours. He is still always looking at the bright side of things. Also, I feel like that's one of the reasons I would like to see more Superman and Nightwing. Like he is the reason Dick picked that name. So why not have Dick and him hang out. Although now that D went Clark and Superman are the same I don't know

Spectacular Member

What are your hopes/expectations from Nightwing's return in Batman 99/100?

My expectations are pretty low. I'm expecting a pretty by the numbers appearance for Nightwing: Dick shows up, he acts friendly, makes some quips, they do some DickBabs teasing, and he encourages Bruce. They won't acknowledge Alfred, Roy, Wally, anything with the Titans, or the general state of the DCU at all, and they definitely won't touch on Bruce slapping Tim or pushing Damian away.

My only hope is that the Dick-Slade rivalry is properly revived, if only briefly. It happening in a Batman event would at least mean it'll be harder to ignore again lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    My expectations are pretty low. I'm expecting a pretty by the numbers appearance for Nightwing: Dick shows up, he acts friendly, makes some quips, they do some DickBabs teasing, and he encourages Bruce. They won't acknowledge Alfred, Roy, Wally, anything with the Titans, or the general state of the DCU at all, and they definitely won't touch on Bruce slapping Tim or pushing Damian away.

My only hope is that the Dick-Slade rivalry is properly revived, if only briefly. It happening in a Batman event would at least mean it'll be harder to ignore again lol.
    I agree, but they won't really have time to touch on things that happened so long in the past I assume unless it's in Dick's solo title. I too got excited when Tynion touched on Dick and Slade's rivalry a few weeks ago.

Speaking of, do we have any idea what the plans are for the Nightwing title after Joker War/Metal concludes? I know Jurgens is staying on after Joker War, but I thought there were rumors of another creative team down the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    What are your hopes/expectations from Nightwing's return in Batman 99/100?
    His reaction to Alfred's death to be heartfelt. I don't have any hope for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I agree, but they won't really have time to touch on things that happened so long in the past I assume unless it's in Dick's solo title. I too got excited when Tynion touched on Dick and Slade's rivalry a few weeks ago.
    When was this?