Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2575
  1. #1996
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    What are your hopes/expectations from Nightwing's return in Batman 99/100?
    Low expectations. It's a Batman book. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Ric saga will come down to maybe one or two lines to acknowledge it happened without moving much of Dick's status forward.

  2. #1997
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Monkey's paw, but I would really like to see a status quo shift for Dick, especially now that Jason is coming into the fold a bit more as an ally. I know all spoilers have hinted as to the "batfamily" becoming closer post Joker war, but honestly Dick seems to get hurt more often than not when he's close with Bruce. Some of my favorite storytelling ages are when he's estranged from the "family" to a certain extent.

    Dick was basically hung out to dry by...everyone. Babs and Alfred probably tried the hardest, but he was left to his own devices after an extremely traumatic injury. I'm probably trying to make lemons out of lemonade here, but I would like to see this acknowledged and impact his relationship with the Bats; especially Bruce. I'd never see him turn down family in distress, but a little less "how can I help?" as Tom King put it. The frustrating thing with Dick is he rarely acknowledges his own trauma because he doesn't like to put things on other people or slow himself down, but I would like to see the consequences of this mindset.

    Thought I do see the virtue of sweeping this entire era under the rug as well once the book relaunches or gets a new creative team.

  3. #1998
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,573

    Default

    I have no real expectations for Dick's return. A line or two talking about his injury and then standard crap where Dick cheerleads for Bruce and talks about how Batman is just the niftiest, golly keenest dude ever and he's the only man who can possibly win the day. Or whatever.

    And that's more than I want already. Dick's return, and indeed all the major moments in his story, should be happening in his own gods damn book instead of Batman's. The argument that this will get more attention does have some merit, but not a ton, since so many of us keep apace of things online. And it just reinforces the "sidekick" mentality.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  4. #1999
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I have no real expectations for Dick's return. A line or two talking about his injury and then standard crap where Dick cheerleads for Bruce and talks about how Batman is just the niftiest, golly keenest dude ever and he's the only man who can possibly win the day. Or whatever.

    And that's more than I want already. Dick's return, and indeed all the major moments in his story, should be happening in his own gods damn book instead of Batman's. The argument that this will get more attention does have some merit, but not a ton, since so many of us keep apace of things online. And it just reinforces the "sidekick" mentality.
    I really miss the days when Dick would challenge Bruce BECAUSE he believed he could do better. Like, he and Bruce would physically fight more than any of the other bat-allies because Dick and Bruce both have a temper, and Dick wouldn't hesitate to get in his face about stuff if he felt like he needed someone to do so. He was never a yes man, and not that he has really been depicted that way a ton...but their dynamic has been lacking this flavor since the reboot.

  5. #2000
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I really miss the days when Dick would challenge Bruce BECAUSE he believed he could do better. Like, he and Bruce would physically fight more than any of the other bat-allies because Dick and Bruce both have a temper, and Dick wouldn't hesitate to get in his face about stuff if he felt like he needed someone to do so. He was never a yes man, and not that he has really been depicted that way a ton...but their dynamic has been lacking this flavor since the reboot.
    Nice is all the Nightwing interactions have time for these days it seems.

  6. #2001
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Nice is all the Nightwing interactions have time for these days it seems.
    Right? That is so frustrating. Is Dick an empathetic guy? Absolutely. Can he often be stubborn and live up to his name in the heat of the moment? Also yes.

  7. #2002
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I really miss the days when Dick would challenge Bruce BECAUSE he believed he could do better. Like, he and Bruce would physically fight more than any of the other bat-allies because Dick and Bruce both have a temper, and Dick wouldn't hesitate to get in his face about stuff if he felt like he needed someone to do so. He was never a yes man, and not that he has really been depicted that way a ton...but their dynamic has been lacking this flavor since the reboot.
    Absolutely agreed.

    I also think these two know how to push each others' buttons better than anyone, and they end up intentionally pissing each other off when they start to argue.

    Durarara is right about Dick getting forced into the "nice one" role too. Somewhere along the line, the various ex-Robins all got pushed into a single definition; Dick's the nice one, Jason is the angry one, Tim's the smart one. I know King said this outright in HiC but I think it's been going on a long time.

    I really miss the "dangerous" side of Dick.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  8. #2003
    Incredible Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    889

    Default

    More Tokusatsu Nightwing by Dan Mora. This design is so good, i wish it was official.


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDfW0vuFzpH/

  9. #2004
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    More Tokusatsu Nightwing by Dan Mora. This design is so good, i wish it was official.


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDfW0vuFzpH/
    That's a sharp outfit, Nightwing. Careful, you might puncture the hull of an empire-class Fire Nation battleship, leaving thousands to drown at sea.


    ....because it's so sharp.

  10. #2005
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,908

    Default

    I could dig it as Dick’s take on a power armor.

  11. #2006
    Mighty Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    More Tokusatsu Nightwing by Dan Mora. This design is so good, i wish it was official.


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDfW0vuFzpH/
    This should be nightwing's kryptonian armor Clark gives him for big events.

  12. #2007
    Mighty Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I have no real expectations for Dick's return. A line or two talking about his injury and then standard crap where Dick cheerleads for Bruce and talks about how Batman is just the niftiest, golly keenest dude ever and he's the only man who can possibly win the day. Or whatever.

    And that's more than I want already. Dick's return, and indeed all the major moments in his story, should be happening in his own gods damn book instead of Batman's. The argument that this will get more attention does have some merit, but not a ton, since so many of us keep apace of things online. And it just reinforces the "sidekick" mentality.
    The argument that it being in batman's book get more attention is kinda true, but it does more harm than good in the long run because if all of the big character defining thing for dick keeps happening in other books. Than why am I reading nightwing?

    Nightwing just ends up being a side book for a side character in dick. If his book is not going to matter to the dcu at least let it matter to himself.

  13. #2008
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The argument that it being in batman's book get more attention is kinda true, but it does more harm than good in the long run because if all of the big character defining thing for dick keeps happening in other books. Than why am I reading nightwing?
    That's what I'm saying. Yes, more readers will see Dick back as Nightwing when it happens in a Batman book.....but so what? If those readers are interested in Nightwing, they likely already know he's got a solo. Nightwing has been on the stands every month for years, his series is not a big secret.

    And that Dan Mora art.....hot damn. Why isn't this guy on a DC book already?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  14. #2009
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    Low expectations. It's a Batman book. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Ric saga will come down to maybe one or two lines to acknowledge it happened without moving much of Dick's status forward.
    This. I dislike that he's return is in another character's title in a story that isn't about him. Dick's return should be done in a story centred on his character. Handling it like this shows that nothing has changed

  15. #2010
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    More Tokusatsu Nightwing by Dan Mora. This design is so good, i wish it was official.


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDfW0vuFzpH/
    that could be a decent Nightwing and Flamebird design!


    So we are still waiting to see if Dick gets a new creative team? Has it become clear we are stuck with this one or is there hope?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •