Page 14 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    on the way back to what? And screw the bat family get nightwing out of there!
    Out of where?

The Bat office I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not buying that Dick is back until he's in the Nightwing costume slinging zingers again. Until then I'm refusing to buy Nightwing. They gotta COMMIT to bringing him back. And please ditch the updated Robin suit. More than anyone else, Dick should always have rocked the classic suit. He owned it. Stop being ashamed.
    Unpopular opinion: Even for being a product of its time, the original Robin costume was incredibly silly (and just...not very good). Now, it's not just silly, but kind of a dangerous thing for Batman to have a powerless child wear while fighting crime in Gotham, of all places (as if letting him be Robin in the first place wasn't already irresponsible). It was essentially just a t-shirt, vest, and speedos. I'm glad they updated the look. The boy needed to be covered up lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Bat office I assume.
    Why the titans team has been annihilated

I'm with Blue22; the classic Robin suit is, of course, a classic. But for the love of god, put some pants on that kid!

I don't need the original suit changed so much it becomes a generic, modern Robin suit that any Gotham sidekick could wear, but it's not going to hurt anyone if we added pants. I mean, Gotham is in the Northeast. You really want a kid running around on rooftops, 2 o'clock in the morning, in February? Poor kid would have frostbite in the worst places!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Don't worry, he wears a Bat-thermal underpants

Batman 66 issue whatever... Mr. Freeze, I think

Btw do these hit and runs by Moore frustrate anyone else? Dude is good, far too good for the writing, but it’s like just a couple pages here and there just to fluff the previews. Though I guess it’s not like any of the other various random artists they get for the book leave an impression. Still...
    I want him to stay away from Ric because he brings in an audience.

By the way, I checked Comichron for November, congratulations to Red Hood finally selling higher than Ric.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-15-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Issue was just predictable and boring. Par for the course with Jurgans. In the end the newly revealed big bads of the direction do nothing, and Ric lives on to waste another 6 months or so. Despite the new memories and reinstated history. Making them pointless and completely useless. So good thing they put that in there to reflect Doomsday Clock. But Bea and Ric are definitely Not Over. As if anyone gives a crap about that...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2020 at 11:11 AM.

I think the fact he didn't dump Bea upon remembering he proposed to Babs is a death flag. Bea will be disposed of when he does go back to normal, and I won't be surprised if Joker kills her. Can see the four fake Nightwings also falling to the clown prince of crime.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Don't worry, he wears a Bat-thermal underpants

Batman 66 issue whatever... Mr. Freeze, I think

I want him to stay away from Ric because he brings in an audience.

By the way, I checked Comichron for November, congratulations to Red Hood finally selling higher than Ric.
    I don't think it's news that makes us that much happy. I mean; it would have been awesome, if NW were selling like a year or year and half ago. That would mean we got better, and not just less worse than NW. NW selling 20k... it's so weird. 21k for us is good with variants. It's our normal, or maybe a little bit better than normal. We were selling 18k in October, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think the fact he didn't dump Bea upon remembering he proposed to Babs is a death flag. Bea will be disposed of when he does go back to normal, and I won't be surprised if Joker kills her. Can see the four fake Nightwings also falling to the clown prince of crime.
    I still don’t understand how Talon didn’t kill her, or any of them. Joker better watch out for Condor Red LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not buying that Dick is back until he's in the Nightwing costume slinging zingers again. Until then I'm refusing to buy Nightwing. They gotta COMMIT to bringing him back. And please ditch the updated Robin suit. More than anyone else, Dick should always have rocked the classic suit. He owned it. Stop being ashamed.
    I'm surprised they've stayed as committed to that New 52 Robin suit as they have.

If Jim Lee designed it, sure, but I don't think he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they've stayed as committed to that New 52 Robin suit as they have.

Do they have any toy line that uses that costume? It could be because of that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I still don’t understand how Talon didn’t kill her, or any of them. Joker better watch out for Condor Red LoL.
    That's why I think initially he was meant to kill them but they change the plan once Tynion's onboard for Batman and make the summer event.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah I mean they already put pants on kid Robin costume, just wear that until Nightwing.

It's Rocafort.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Do they have any toy line that uses that costume? It could be because of that.
    No, the only New 52 Robin to have a toy is Damian. The rest are on their New 52 present identity

By the way, I saw some spoiler pages, and honestly, Travis Moore is the only one who can make dirt mask Ric and his standard torn black t-shirt and jeans to look like a deliberate makeup and fashion choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, the only New 52 Robin to have a toy is Damian. The rest are on their New 52 present identity

By the way, I saw some spoiler pages, and honestly, Travis Moore is the only one who can make dirt mask Ric and his standard torn black t-shirt and jeans to look like a deliberate makeup and fashion choice.
    Travis Moore could make anything look pretty or stylish tbh. I would love much, much, much more of his work here or anywhere. His Dick is such eyecatcher that is my default design for him now. Perfect balance of handsome yet heroic and tough.

Edit: if it isn't because a toy, then, it could be because they don't think people dislike it, I guess.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-15-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Yeah I don't mind the N52 Robin suit. I just wish they gave it an actual belt with pouches. Something similar to DCU Titans' Dick Robin suit.