Page 141 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If dc is reducing the line I don't think titans will be around in the mainline because I believe dc will go with teen titans instead of titans.
    The easiest way is to merge them all under one title since the most popular name is TT but the most popular cast are in Titans, basically making it like the Young Justice TV with the older ones acting as a mentor

The selling cast would be Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven with Donna, Wally, Wallace, Damian, Tim, Jason, Kon, Cassie, and Bart following.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well that's sort of the issue isn't it? Nightwing's solo is not guaranteed to ever be good if it doesn't get cut since we've seen how they treat the book under regular circumstances, but if it does get cut, he'd end up in Batman stuff which is arguably worse than if he was stuck in a mediocre solo. A Titans book is something I wouldn't mind, but I don't see it as likely and that's not even getting to whether the book would be good or not.
    Well, presumably after the culling only the best creators will be left, perhaps reinforced with new writers from outside the comic industry. In theory we'll be left with a smaller, but more skillful, talent pool. So if Dick's solo survives, he might still get the bottom of the creative barrel, but instead of that being someone like Lobdell, it'd be someone like, I dunno, Williamson. So we'd be way better off than we are now if that happens.

If Dick loses the solo and ends up in a Bat book, then that'll just continue the path of "adult sidekick" DC has put him on. I think this is the worst case scenario, as Dick won't ever get to drive a narrative of his own and will be completely at the mercy of Bruce's story. We've seen where that takes us and none of us want to repeat it.

Third obvious option is Dick being put into a ensemble team book, probably a Titans of some sort, maybe a Batfam title, maybe something brand new. I'd prefer this over a Batman book, as a ensemble team will (if written well) give equal attention to the entire roster and everyone will get their moments to shine, their own subplots, etc. It's not nearly as preferable as a solo, but better than being a sidekick in a Bat book.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A little bit of good news for y'all.
    Joshua Williamson said his Justice League story from Death Metal will be from Nightwing point of view. Some good tidbits in this interview here.

https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...d-death-metal/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Joshua Williamson said his Justice League story from Death Metal will be from Nightwing point of view. Some good tidbits in this interview here.

Haven't read that, but I was just from DC's website and there are some covers and solicits

JUSTL_Cv54_5f3449b398cb36.78868436.jpg

“Doom Metal” part two of five storms the stage in this essential Dark Nights: Death Metal tie-in! It’s the Titans reunion you've been clamoring for when Starfire and Cyborg join Nightwing in this twisted Justice League. The team is hell-bent for Brimstone Bay to free the Legion of Doom, but what horrors and desires will the Valley of Starros reveal to them—and who or what is the villain named Mindhunter?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #54, written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, art by XERMANICO, cover by LIAM SHARP, variant cover by HOWARD PORTER, Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS, ON SALE 10/6/20.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.

JUSTL_Cv55_5f3449e99afd12.67449765.jpg

The motley crew of “Doom Metal” sets sail for the cliffs of insanity, captained by Nightwing—or so he thinks! The team fractures, and Detective Chimp reveals the horrible secret wish in his heart. And speaking of hearts, Hawkgirl will stop at nothing to find Martian Manhunter, even if she jeopardizes the League’s mission and their souls. Part three of this five-issue tie-in to Dark Nights: Death Metal features the debut of a villain so huge he dwarfs all hope. Enter the Omega Knight.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #55, written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES, cover by LIAM SHARP, variant cover by SIMONE BIANCHI, ON SALE 10/20/20.

That's the last Nightwing cover.

The last two issues focus on Hawkgirl, MM, Omega Knight and Luthor.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-12-2020 at 04:43 PM.

My kingdom for Williamson and Mora to be the next creators on Nightwing.

Those covers remind me of that world the Titans visit in TTGO! The Night Begins to Shine and all that.

Off topic, but it makes me super sad that I know what Cyborg's favorite foods and music are in a kids' cartoon, but the comics don't come close to that level of characterization. In, what, the DCYOU series we find out Vic likes the blues and it's never mentioned again, yet I think I've caught Vic humming that song from BER on the show with no direct reference to it at all.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-12-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Talking about Dark Martian Manhunter and his powers, they said with Nightwing he'd be like 'You're still feeling like you messed up and lost your memory for a while.'

Hnnnnnnnnng

Ric should be looked at as a failure, if it’s looked at again at all. Dick can’t exactly call out the creators for it so he is going to have to bear that burden.
    It was one of the lowest points in his existence, they could either ignore it or reflect it as such. Though I guess they could try and pull a Lobdell and push it back onto the readers. But that kind of out of touch ignorance and tact is part of why Ric turned out like it did.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-12-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

"There's a scene where it's the team that they're crossing the Valley of Starros, and it gives an opportunity for Cyborg, Nightwing, and Starfire to just talk for a moment, to catch up with each other. They've all gone into these crazy changes. If you think about what they've all gone through. All the things Cyborg and Starfire went through in Justice League Odyssey, and all the things that Nightwing went through in his own book.

All these really big changes and I wanted all of them to come together and talk about that and realize that about each other."

If the "Ric" storyline isn't going to be ignored this is the next best thing. Looking forward to Dick, Kory and Vic interacting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, presumably after the culling only the best creators will be left, perhaps reinforced with new writers from outside the comic industry. In theory we'll be left with a smaller, but more skillful, talent pool. So if Dick's solo survives, he might still get the bottom of the creative barrel, but instead of that being someone like Lobdell, it'd be someone like, I dunno, Williamson. So we'd be way better off than we are now if that happens.

If Dick loses the solo and ends up in a Bat book, then that'll just continue the path of "adult sidekick" DC has put him on. I think this is the worst case scenario, as Dick won't ever get to drive a narrative of his own and will be completely at the mercy of Bruce's story. We've seen where that takes us and none of us want to repeat it.

Third obvious option is Dick being put into a ensemble team book, probably a Titans of some sort, maybe a Batfam title, maybe something brand new. I'd prefer this over a Batman book, as a ensemble team will (if written well) give equal attention to the entire roster and everyone will get their moments to shine, their own subplots, etc. It's not nearly as preferable as a solo, but better than being a sidekick in a Bat book.
    If nightwing loss his solo and is stuck between a supporting character in batman or tec or a teen titan. That being suck between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe it's time to think outside of the box a little. The batfamily is so bloated let cass, kate or Duke be the support characters in batman. Have nightwing moved to wonder woman or superman as a support character at less then maybe no more adult sidekick.

But I believe nightwing will keep his solo.

Astonishing Member

If nightwing loss his solo and is stuck between a supporting character in batman or tec or a teen titan. That being suck between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe it's time to think outside of the box a little. The batfamily is so bloated let cass, kate or Duke be the support characters in batman. Have nightwing moved to wonder woman or superman as a support character at less then maybe no more adult sidekick.

But I believe nightwing will keep his solo.
    It will likely be worse for Nightwing to be a support img character in Wonder Woman and Superman.

Wonder Woman is usually a mess with the supporting characters.

I also really doubt there is place for a non-superpowered hero in a Superman book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Third obvious option is Dick being put into a ensemble team book, probably a Titans of some sort, maybe a Batfam title, maybe something brand new.
    If they are really going to shrink down their line up to the biggest IPs I doubt they will do a brand new team (and if they do it would be probably some kind of Justice League spin off).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It will likely be worse for Nightwing to be a support img character in Wonder Woman and Superman.

Wonder Woman is usually a mess with the supporting characters.

I also really doubt there is place for a non-superpowered hero in a Superman book.
    True but thats because most people don't give a crap about wonder woman supporting characters, there boring and underdeveloped but not nightwing. Hell the way most wonder woman fans talk about how they would what steve trevor to be is usually just a blonde dick grayson.

A non-superpowered super is basically what nightwing is as a titan.

Astonishing Member

True but thats because most people don't give a crap about wonder woman supporting characters, there boring and underdeveloped but not nightwing. Hell the way most wonder woman fans talk about how they would what steve trevor to be is usually just a blonde dick grayson.

A non-superpowered super is basically what nightwing is as a titan.
    These wonder woman fans don't want a blonde Dick Grayson, they want Steve Trevor with certain personality traits.

Dick works as a non-superpowered hero in Titans, because he's the leader in the team. Obviously, he couldn't be this in Superman books.

Dick can't even be used like the "heart" in Superman books because there are already characters in that role (many times Superman himself).
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-13-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Yeah, I love Nightwing and Superman interactions but ultimately they don't need each other the way other characters can be written to need either of them.