Page 143 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3481
    Astonishing Member

"The Original Titans" are also guesting in the last issue of Teen Titans, so presumably Dick's in there too.

But seriously, even if the book itself had been gold-plated - the Jurgens era solicit copy has just been appalling. Full of awkwardly repeated phrases and typos. They just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    "The Original Titans" are also guesting in the last issue of Teen Titans, so presumably Dick's in there too.

But seriously, even if the book itself had been gold-plated - the Jurgens era solicit copy has just been appalling. Full of awkwardly repeated phrases and typos. They just don't care.
    I think this correlates with the rumors of a new Titans book that Alex Ross accidentally teased on his instagram.

I'm guessing this is Dick as Robin:

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...855680/photo/1

A beautiful page from JUSTICE LEAGUE #53, the first part of the Death Metal crossover called DOOM METAL. Out in September.
    Art by
    @Xermanico
    & Romulo Fajardo Jr. This issue looks AMAZING.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

EfYBSO3WoAACXnF.jpg
    Nightwing cart design for Nightwing Annual
    Otto Schmidt's words, not mine

Yup, definitely the Metal tie-in arc with Dick, Kori, Vic, Hawkgirl and Detective Chimp. Looks like a "remembering the good days" flashback.

I can't wait to read that arc. Don't even care about Metal, it'll just be nice to read Nightwing again.

...what's up with the bike? Was that from the annual a few months ago? I didn't know Otto did any work in that?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think this correlates with the rumors of a new Titans book that Alex Ross accidentally teased on his instagram.
    Presumably so! The Titans are in Nightwing 75 too, right? Between that and the reunion in Justice League, feels like a bit of a build-up.

An announcement at Fandome next weekend seems possible.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yup, definitely the Metal tie-in arc with Dick, Kori, Vic, Hawkgirl and Detective Chimp. Looks like a "remembering the good days" flashback.

I can't wait to read that arc. Don't even care about Metal, it'll just be nice to read Nightwing again.

...what's up with the bike? Was that from the annual a few months ago? I didn't know Otto did any work in that?
    It's from the annual before he became Ric

Astonishing Member

I feel like it could be a nice moment if this Death Metal tie-in isn't just a reunion but is also like, the Justice League being like ... okay so ... we're the big seven and you know it and we have all these side-teams and divisions but hey ... you know who would round this Big Seven out to a pretty epic Top Ten? Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire. Nightwing, the only man Batman trusts (beyond friendship) in the field when he's not there! Starfire ... a SPACE AMAZON ... and Cyborg, who they've already tried to fit into the Justice League inorganically.

What else in Grayson news this week? I hope Bea isn't fridged? She seems like she's going to get fridged. Her existence is problematic purely because she existed within the confines of the "Ric Grayson Storyline" which wouldn't even be a good one-shot, but I'd at least like to see her reduced to a footnote in history from a tale that's like "The Time I Dated An Amnesiac Nightwing" one-shot. Also KGBeast really needs to stop making a big fuss out of everything. He's trying to reconfirm his Nightwing kill ... he's got Batman breaking his neck, Damian coming after him, he is going to draw way too much heat down on himself.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I hope Bea and the fake Nightwings get fridged. Just worthless characters who added nothing of value but even more time is being wasted on her character because the Nightwing book is just spinning its wheels until the relaunch/cancellation at this point. It's completely devoid of anything actually interesting or creative.

I hope the fake Nightwings make it. We straight away get a few Bludhaven PD that Nightwing has a working relationship with. That helps build the setting. The quicker ties are cut with Bea the better though.

NIGHTWING #76

written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    ON SALE 11/17/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    One bullet robbed Nightwing of his memories and identity. One bullet erased Dick Grayson and replaced him with Ric Grayson. Now, with Dick’s true identity returned, KGBeast is back with one last bullet for him. Using Bea as bait, KGBeast has made it abundantly clear that this one last bullet isn’t intended for Nightwing’s head—this one is aiming to puncture his broken heart!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think that solicit says "bullet" enough.

Oh fridging! More bad tropes, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I feel like it could be a nice moment if this Death Metal tie-in isn't just a reunion but is also like, the Justice League being like ... okay so ... we're the big seven and you know it and we have all these side-teams and divisions but hey ... you know who would round this Big Seven out to a pretty epic Top Ten? Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire
    Don't you dare tempt me with such a beautiful idea!

KGBeast really needs to stop making a big fuss out of everything. He's trying to reconfirm his Nightwing kill ... he's got Batman breaking his neck, Damian coming after him, he is going to draw way too much heat down on himself.
    I almost wonder if they're not trying to establish the Beast as a Nightwing rogue, like they did with Blockbuster.

I'm not really against the idea, though KGBeast isn't exactly a high caliber villain.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I hope the fake Nightwings make it. We straight away get a few Bludhaven PD that Nightwing has a working relationship with. That helps build the setting. The quicker ties are cut with Bea the better though.
    Shhh! You can't say that here, you'll get yelled at!

I actually suggested the same kind of thing a while back; these fakewings could be folded into Dick's supporting cast and with a little time and distance, their time as "Nightwings" is a weird detail in the history, like when Gordon was Batman. A year or two after Ric, a little character development, and these guys would be serviceable members of Dick's supporting cast. But people around here get worked up by the idea of anything from the Ric saga lingering.

Bea....I don't need her fridged, because troupes like that shouldn't be a thing. I'd rather she and Dick just walk away and he never sees or hears from her again.

But if she dies....ain't gonna hurt my feelings either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing and Starfire by Otto Schmidt

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...123841/photo/1

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing and Starfire by Otto Schmidt

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...123841/photo/1
    I love it!

NIGHTWING #76

written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    ON SALE 11/17/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    One bullet robbed Nightwing of his memories and identity. One bullet erased Dick Grayson and replaced him with Ric Grayson. Now, with Dick’s true identity returned, KGBeast is back with one last bullet for him. Using Bea as bait, KGBeast has made it abundantly clear that this one last bullet isn’t intended for Nightwing’s head—this one is aiming to puncture his broken heart!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think that solicit says "bullet" enough.

See this is why Jurgans needed to be pulled off this book. He’s just turning Nightwing into Ric. This is now the 3rd time he is repeating the same damn story beat back to back. Nightwing is “back” yet it’s the same thing happing with the same Ric characters.

Btw Bea is not gonna get fridged. Just like with Talon, and then a Joker, and now KG Beast.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-14-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    See this is why Jurgans needed to be pulled off this book. He’s just turning Nightwing into Ric. This is now the 3rd time he is repeating the same damn story beat back to back. Nightwing is “back” yet it’s the same thing happing with the same Ric characters.

Btw Bea is not gonna get fridged. Just like with Talon, and then a Joker, and now KG Beast.
    As awfully redundant as that solicit is, I hope it means he and Bea are breaking up. It's awfully weird to date a guy with amnesia...especially that now with his memories returned, he's basically a different person.