Page 156 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Just wait for Titans season 3. Dawn and Dick shipping angered a lot of people even if there was no real relationship. Imagine if they do Babs in a Titans show instead of Kori. The amount of salt will reach Arrow season 4. Young Justice and DCAMU did it right. Young Justice focused on Babs with no Kori in sight. DCAMU focused on Kori with Babs only doing three second cameos. No ship war.

Or DC could risk it and try to create Dick's own Catwoman. But it will anger everyone so they don't do it. DC's play has been letting both side play it out without committing any side winning the war.
    I really don't care about dick's ships right now but I'll say this. So what! So what if people are pissed, they'll be pissed no matter who dick end up with so why care about that. Just focus on what you feel is best for dick's growth and story's. Pissing off shippers is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I really don't care about dick's ships right now but I'll say this. So what! So what if people are pissed, they'll be pissed no matter who dick end up with so why care about that. Just focus on what you feel is best for dick's growth and story's. Pissing off shippers is irrelevant.
    Babs is not good for Dick's growth and story's, nor for the Titan's that have not had a chance of an arc. Neither is Gotham for that matter...That damn show is an ongoing disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Babs is not good for Dick's growth and story's, nor for the Titan's that have not had a chance of an arc. Neither is Gotham for that matter...That damn show is an ongoing disappointment.
    I agree. I'm not a dickbabs fan and I would like dick to have more independence from gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    This. Fans are going to freak out no matter what. Creators shouldn't be trying to appease fans anyway, just tell the best story they can in the best way they can while respecting the IP. If you respect the property and its history, most fans will come around anyway, eventually.

But I can always break down exactly why a Power Girl ship is good for the franchise from a creative and business perspective.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You know, it is a little strange to me they would make a OGN about him when he is younger, but instead of setting it when he was Robin, which you think would allow for a lot more story potential, they set it while he was still in the circus. I wonder why they didn't just give him a Robin OGN.
    The OGNs are totally independent from continuity. They only use the characters (although even the personality es could be change sometimes).

The writer likely want to tell a "coming of age" story with Dick Grayson where his parents were still alive.

In this story, Dick is younger, but he is close to start College and he will likely never become Robin or Nightwing.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-27-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Bilquis Evely is drawing Nightwing and the others members of the Batfamily in a future issue of Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think Hudson U would be a great setting for a YA Robin novel. But I hope Garcia and Piccolo gets around to a Robin graphic novel eventually.
    I'm not sure that's happening anytime soon. The next novel is "Beast Boy Loves Raven" or something like that, so they're taking their time with all this. It's a little disappointing, since the initial announcement was that this would be a six book series, and now we see that the third one isn't even about a third Titan. I really thought we'd get one book for each iconic Titan, with a final book about the team but they're not really going the predictable route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'm not sure that's happening anytime soon. The next novel is "Beast Boy Loves Raven" or something like that, so they're taking their time with all this. It's a little disappointing, since the initial announcement was that this would be a six book series, and now we see that the third one isn't even about a third Titan. I really thought we'd get one book for each iconic Titan, with a final book about the team but they're not really going the predictable route.
    Yeah. It is pretty possible they want to focus their story on Raven and Beast Boy.

If they want the Titans team in a six book series, they would likely have brought the team together in book 1 or 2.

One of the most important things about the editorial is at least trying to make the story flow or have some guidelines in writing the character. With Dick, it seems there are no guidelines. If you were to run the Batman office what guidelines for how Dick interacts with the Batfam and his own book would you put

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One of the most important things about the editorial is at least trying to make the story flow or have some guidelines in writing the character. With Dick, it seems there are no guidelines. If you were to run the Batman office what guidelines for how Dick interacts with the Batfam and his own book would you put
    There are likely some guidelines in the Batman office, but I really doubt these benefit Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not just another Robin. It's not a level playing field and they aren't equals.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There are likely some guidelines in the Batman office, but I really doubt these benefit Dick.
    They would have to be taken seriously. The thing is sadly TT editorial is bad. He only has one book so it's not like he can get his own editorial for exclusive him. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Shawn Tsang was basically his Catwoman and people hated, even in this forum.

Some really lost their mind when she thought she was pregnant.
    I thought people liked Shawn well enough, it was just Bludhaven in general they were souring on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You know, it is a little strange to me they would make a OGN about him when he is younger, but instead of setting it when he was Robin, which you think would allow for a lot more story potential, they set it while he was still in the circus. I wonder why they didn't just give him a Robin OGN.
    Most of these GN's have focused on the heroes before they take up their costume identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Maybe 4 and 5 are Cyborg and Starfire and then Robin rounds it up for the 6th book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought people liked Shawn well enough, it was just Bludhaven in general they were souring on.

Most of these GN's have focused on the heroes before they take up their costume identity.

Maybe 4 and 5 are Cyborg and Starfire and then Robin rounds it up for the 6th book.
    I don't know about here, but the pregnancy did make some people lost their minds because it's a ship sinker. As long as he doesn't have kids or get married, the two biggest ships have hope that he will finally pick one.