Page 175 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Looking forward to Snyder's Grayson work. Is this his last work for Dc?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Looking forward to Snyder's Grayson work. Is this his last work for Dc?
    Do we know if this a standalone work? I doubt that he'd take over the actual Nightwing book.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

It feels like will be a Black label book, but how knows. Hopefully they release the solicits this month.

Justice League #54 preview: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...69215941726208

One if Nightwing ever gets his own movie whether it is animation or movie. What should they go for?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One if Nightwing ever gets his own movie whether it is animation or movie. What should they go for?
    I love nightwing but he ain't getting no movie because it'll be way to similar to batman. It'll most likely take place in Gotham with batfamily and bat villains. So DC will just go with batman or batgirl or robin or redwood or batwoman first. Nightwing would just play the support role as he always does.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If Dick ever got a movie, I’d wager it’d be more Grayson than Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Exactly. Some thing like Grayson is different enough from batman in the way nightwing is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Hope we get less exposition in JL this time and see some more of the team dynamic especially with Vic and Kory joining. I'm kinda starting to like Dick's design in-page and on some of the variants.
    Beware - the preview for JL is out and it spoils the not yet released final issue of JL Odyssey!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/02/319017/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Could be both. Opening is him as Nightwing doing some minor bust, gets the word on Spyral and fakes his death to go undercover. Climax of the movie, the jig is up and he fights off the big bad using all his tricks as Nightwing and bookends the movie in the Nightwing costume going off on another adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Beware - the preview for JL is out and it spoils the not yet released final issue of JL Odyssey!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/02/319017/
    That's looking good and sounding good. Really curious to see if the Titans will have been given a good showing by the end despite Luthor's presence.

Because it's DC, the assumption is a film would just be Bat-lite and therefore it won't happen because why not just use Batman instead?

But if DC had a gods damn brain, they'd see plenty of other options; they could do the Grayson super spy like others have mentioned (you don't even have to take Dick out of the Nightwing suit for that), you could do something where Dick is dealing with super human threats beyond what we see from Bat movies (Dick fighting Gordanian slavers, Atomic Skull, whoever), or you could stick with the Bat-lite, street level crap and just go for a completely different tone. Batman films are always super serious, dark things so a Nightwing film with a more light hearted Silver Age vibe would be a completely different animal even if the plot is "hero fights crazy psycho inmate" like every Bat movie ever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Because it's DC, the assumption is a film would just be Bat-lite and therefore it won't happen because why not just use Batman instead?

But if DC had a gods damn brain, they'd see plenty of other options; they could do the Grayson super spy like others have mentioned (you don't even have to take Dick out of the Nightwing suit for that), you could do something where Dick is dealing with super human threats beyond what we see from Bat movies (Dick fighting Gordanian slavers, Atomic Skull, whoever), or you could stick with the Bat-lite, street level crap and just go for a completely different tone. Batman films are always super serious, dark things so a Nightwing film with a more light hearted Silver Age vibe would be a completely different animal even if the plot is "hero fights crazy psycho inmate" like every Bat movie ever.
    The problem is if DC wants a light hearted Silver Age adventures, they will likely choose another hero. DC has too much heroes that it could use for that kind of story.

The main seller point for Nightwing between general audience is that he was the first Robin. That's why almost every adaptation where Nightwing appears, he appears as Robin first.

So, they will mantain the character connected to Batman or Titans stories.

If you guys had to write a Nightwing movie how would you guys do it? I mean a good writer can do pretty much anything. If Green Arrow can work since both are similar yet different. Why not Nightwing
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-04-2020 at 09:55 AM.

If you guys had to write a Nightwing movie how would you guys do it? I mean a good writer can do pretty much anything. If Green Arrow can work since both are similar yet different. Why not Nightwing
    Don’t think Green Arrow is the best way example in recent years given how much Arrow cribbed from Batman’s mythos.

I remember a few years ago it seemed it a common fan talking point the next Batman movie should be “Die Hard but in Arkham”, which I always felt would have been a plot better suited to Dick.

If it has to be Nightwing, no Grayson, you could still do the Bond take - have him be the young rogue-ish, superspy who can investigate by infiltrating high tier events as the famous ward of the Wayne estate while knocking heads as Nightwing. I think it would be a great way to differentiate it by having it take place in locations other than Gotham - although of course the city can still be featured.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.