Page 176 of 233 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It feels like will be a Black label book, but how knows. Hopefully they release the solicits this month.

Justice League #54 preview: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...69215941726208
    Would a tie-in to The Black Mirror be welcome to y'all?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don’t think Green Arrow is the best way example in recent years given how much Arrow cribbed from Batman’s mythos.

I remember a few years ago it seemed it a common fan talking point the next Batman movie should be “Die Hard but in Arkham”, which I always felt would have been a plot better suited to Dick.
    That would be pretty awesome, I'd pay for that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The problem is if DC wants a light hearted Silver Age adventures, they will likely choose another hero. DC has too much heroes that it could use for that kind of story.
    All depends on who the writer/director/producer/whoever pitches. We are *well* beyond the point where a character needs to be a A-list, high value property to get a movie. We've had movies for friggin Jonah Hex, the Losers, the Squad....plenty of IP's that aren't big names. The idea that Nightwing can't get a movie but the Losers can? Pure folly. Hell, some dude was already trying to make a Nightwing film happen. There's interest in the character, it's just WB who need to wise up.

The main seller point for Nightwing between general audience is that he was the first Robin. That's why almost every adaptation where Nightwing appears, he appears as Robin first.
    Which isn't a problem either. Yeah, one of the big hooks getting people in the door is the idea of Robin all grown up. That's where you start the story, not where it ends. And the last time Batman was in a movie he was fighting aliens and space gods, so Dick growing up and having adventures beyond the Bat-lite stuff? Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If you guys had to write a Nightwing movie how would you guys do it?
    Off the top of my head I'd probably do a Young Justice season 3 type of deal; Nightwing travels the globe taking down organized crime rings that the law and other heroes miss; human trafficking, drug cartels, stuff like that.

I'd probably start the film in Gotham, where Dick's come home to visit, and have him pick up a lead concerning some mind control WMD that, after some fun action-adventure romps across Metropolis, Khandaq, and Markovia, lead him to Bialya, HIVE, and Queen Bee.

Mix in some motorcycle chases, some fancy parties he sneaks into, maybe a underground fight club or something.....I'd keep it fairly light, fast paced, and fun. That Percy era motorcycle death race arc is (generally speaking) the kind of vibe I'd go for; a mix of Fast & Furious, Bond, and Avengers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Okay. One of the main reasons Jason was adopted was because Bruce realized how dangerous Jason could and he was lonely. If Dick were to disappear would that really miss the Batfam up? I mean it's often said that Dick is the glue and the only one who can get through to Bruce

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Okay. One of the main reasons Jason was adopted was because Bruce realized how dangerous Jason could and he was lonely. If Dick were to disappear would that really miss the Batfam up? I mean it's often said that Dick is the glue and the only one who can get through to Bruce
    If the writers want it to then sure.

I don't think that Bruce saw Jason as dangerous

Astonishing Member

DC's relaxation into not needing all its characters to be in the same universe onscreen is good news for Dick - the way I see it, there are two paths to a Nightwing movie.

1) Spin-off from sequels to "The Batman" if they go that root. See also, and HBO Max series.
    2) A film using Dick/The Titans to explore the idea - frankly, the joke - that in the DC universe you can spend your childhood bashing muggers and mobsters in Gotham City, and then get the train to meet Green Lantern or Superman.

Any ideas of what they can use for a Nightwing movie? Or what about a original movie idea

Extraordinary Member

Any ideas of what they can use for a Nightwing movie? Or what about a original movie idea
    An already established Nightwing should be featured in a batgirl movie, die (not really) Bruce plants him Spyral for His solo Grayson film

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    An already established Nightwing should be featured in a batgirl movie, die (not really) Bruce plants him Spyral for His solo Grayson film
    Grayson Spyral movie. Yup. Sign me up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This, but Dick fakes his own death and decides to go under cover on his own.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think you’d even need the whole “Dick fake death” thing for a Grayson movie.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    Some people got their books early and our boy's back in blue. Guess I'm buying Batman #100.
    end of spoilers

I agree Grayson works without Dick dying too. Spyral and he could start working together on the basis of both trying to hunt down the paragon pieces and Dick gets sucked into the spy shenanigans further and further while he tries to figure out what Spyral knows about his fellow heroes.

I also think Humphries' the Judge Arc could work well as a movie. Animated though because of all the fish-hybrids. It was a good single arc.

Raptor as a movie villain can work too, especially if it is closer to the first Raptor arc than the second one. He easily shows the differences between Dick and Bruce.

Batman #100 spoilers:
    was as expected nothing great. The confrontation with Punchline seemed to have potential at first, but yeah... Barbara's and Dick's "banter" was as disappointing as painful. We get it. Dick not smart.
    end of spoilers

Justice League #54 spoilers:
    I'm in love? The art is even better somehow. Everyone looks so gorgeous. I was worried about how they would handle Luthor but I'm quite pleased. And seeing more of the multiverse/reboot/starro shenanigans was great. Also, Kory and Dick and Vic were so sweet I have diabetes now.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Batman and JL were both good representations of Dick IMO. Really felt good to have him back. Love the banter between nightwing and oracle.

100# was generic, though I think it’s the first time I’ve seen Dick be competent under Tyrion so that’s something. JL though continues to be the Titans comic I been wanting. The only nit pick is i don’t think it remembers Lex killed Dick, and so Dick’s animosity towards him could be even more personal if they wanted it to.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2020 at 03:45 AM.