Page 179 of 233 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3481

Well at this point just have dick move back to Gotham and put on a Robin costume. It won't be different than he is right now. At least he'd be iconic.

Tim can be red robin and dick can be blue robin.

But for real at this point I'd prefer if DC decided they have to many bat characters and it's time to let dick move on and trade him to another franchise like superman or wonder woman.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 10-07-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    It also means we lose out on other appearances - "respecting the continuity of his ongoing title" meant Bendis couldn't use Dick in his big Leviathan story, where he was hugely notable by his absence when Spyral, Helena and Tiger were all involved. It got him taken out of the Titans book, which would have been a shame if said book had been any good at all...
    Leviathan only used Huntress because Nightwing was unavailable.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Tim can be red robin and dick can be blue robin.

But for real at this point I'd prefer if DC decided they have to many bat characters and it's time to let dick move on and trade him to another franchise like superman or wonder woman.
    The Bat office doesn’t want to lose a character they can get away with putting this little effort into. Nightwing is a sweet catch for them. It fills out their line, yet no one actually cares how lazy of a job they do on it or how bad a job they do. There is seemingly no standards or care to the quietly of what they produce, or even accountability over their performance. For them why would they let that go.

Same with creators. Its toxic for creators trying to make a name in the industry, as quality matters to them having more future work, but it’s candy for complacent old guys like Jurgens and Lobdell. Who don’t draw anymore, and aren’t looking to make a name, so with the characters built in audience they get to just coast on recycling lazy formulaic ideas for as long as they want just as long as they get their scripts done on time.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-07-2020 at 08:07 PM.

And who would the Bat office trade him for? They're not just giving characters away, especially ones that can carry solo books for twenty years, consistently out-sell most of the line even when the quality is utter sh*t, and make regular appearances in larger media adaptations.

That's half the damn problem; Nightwing is quite successful even when DC puts in zero effort. He's free money.

Dick sells better than Supergirl and appears in adaptations more often. And Supergirl is about the biggest character in the Super-family other than Clark himself. And Donna is probably the biggest character in the Wonder-mythos, after Diana, and she's such a hot mess she might as well be called Chernobyl.

The Bat office could have Jon Kent. I'd happily make that trade.

Oh, on a totally unrelated note; another reason I found to push a Nightwing-Power Girl romance; they both have crap real names that have become synonymous with bad things; the loud overbearing middle aged blonde white woman who wants to speak to your manager is a Karen (Power Girl's earth name) while any d-bag who's rude and inconsiderate is a dick.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-07-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And who would the Bat office trade him for? They're not just giving characters away, especially ones that can carry solo books for twenty years, consistently out-sell most of the line even when the quality is utter sh*t, and make regular appearances in larger media adaptations.

That's half the damn problem; Nightwing is quite successful even when DC puts in zero effort. He's free money.

Dick sells better than Supergirl and appears in adaptations more often. And Supergirl is about the biggest character in the Super-family other than Clark himself. And Donna is probably the biggest character in the Wonder-mythos, after Diana, and she's such a hot mess she might as well be called Chernobyl.

The Bat office could have Jon Kent. I'd happily make that trade.

Oh, on a totally unrelated note; another reason I found to push a Nightwing-Power Girl romance; they both have crap real names that have become synonymous with bad things; the loud overbearing middle aged blonde white woman who wants to speak to your manager is a Karen (Power Girl's earth name) while any d-bag who's rude and inconsiderate is a dick.
    Have Nightwing and Power Girl had interactions?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Have Nightwing and Power Girl had interactions?
    Some, not much. They don't often operate in the same circles. Last time they crossed paths, that I know of, was in Robinson's JL just before the reboot. They joked, casually flirted for a minute, that's about it. And that's about all they ever do, on the rare occasion they run into each other.

My PowerWing ship isn't so much based on what is on the page already, but what *could* be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Never thought about pairing Powergirl and Nightwing, more i think about it, the more it'd makes sense.

When I say trade it's just the sports fan in me. But what would they trade for dick? Cap space

Sending nightwing to another franchise for a while (doesn't have to be permanent) could give nightwing the freedom to spread his wings in the greater dcu and at the same time give the other bats more room in the bat books.

Dick needs to go into the dcu because nightwing is becoming more and more irrelevant by the year.
    I mean has there ever been any time in dick's 80+ years where dick has been as redundant, disconnected and irrelevant in comics?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Never thought about pairing Powergirl and Nightwing, more i think about it, the more it'd makes sense.
    Yea nightwing and power girl would be awesome. But nightwing is to isolated from anything non bat related. He hasn't even seen supergirl girl since pre flashpoint.

Maybe he should actually just be removed from Bat editors. I mean we see it's not doing him any good. They don't build up on Bludhaven just use him more for Batman. We just need him to be out of the Batfam. Superman editors? JL Editors

Some, not much. They don't often operate in the same circles. Last time they crossed paths, that I know of, was in Robinson's JL just before the reboot. They joked, casually flirted for a minute, that's about it. And that's about all they ever do, on the rare occasion they run into each other.

My PowerWing ship isn't so much based on what is on the page already, but what *could* be.
    Here I was eager to add more books to my backlog, lol.

They need to go back to basics, the Ric situation flubbed what good they had with Rebirth.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Here I was eager to add more books to my backlog, lol.

They need to go back to basics, the Ric situation flubbed what good they had with Rebirth.
    Ha! Sorry to disappoint.

I'd agree with getting back to basics, but....what's "back to basics" here? Back to Bludhaven? Back to Bat-lite? Back to the NTT? DC has eroded Dick's status so utterly and for so long I don't even know what the "basics" would be now, and I'm not sure if I want them in the first place.

To hell with playing it safe and getting back to basics, I'd rather see Nightwing built up and invested in; I want new and improved, not same old same old. Find the core of the character and his appeal again, yes, if that's the basics then I'm in total agreement with you. But I don't want the basics if it's treated as the endgame and not the starting point. Take the essential core, but then build up and out, with an eye towards sculpting Nightwing as a viable, sustainable solo property.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ha! Sorry to disappoint.

I'd agree with getting back to basics, but....what's "back to basics" here? Back to Bludhaven? Back to Bat-lite? Back to the NTT? DC has eroded Dick's status so utterly and for so long I don't even know what the "basics" would be now, and I'm not sure if I want them in the first place.

To hell with playing it safe and getting back to basics, I'd rather see Nightwing built up and invested in; I want new and improved, not same old same old. Find the core of the character and his appeal again, yes, if that's the basics then I'm in total agreement with you. But I don't want the basics if it's treated as the endgame and not the starting point. Take the essential core, but then build up and out, with an eye towards sculpting Nightwing as a viable, sustainable solo property.
    Point. Dick is screwed when getting back to basic because his basic is "be batman's sidekick and try to get out of it"
    That's what his old series was based on. Becoming independent after initially going to Bludhaven on a mission from Batman (after the first time he went independent in Teen Titans).

So now that we've established that he's independent, and actually managed to clean Bludhaven before it got nuked, move on. Either stay in a clean city since Bludhaven is not nuked today and make a story around that or move to a different city and clean that one so his status quo isn't Trying To Be Independent, but One Man Cleaning Service, or as Seeley better put it, International Task Force Of One.

Where other hero fails to change the status quo, he succeeds, because he truly is Better Than Batman, and Batman would be proud. He's mentioned in Outsiders to be The Best Thing Batman Has Ever Done, so let's do it do it do it.

...I just remember that we started Rebirth with Better Than Batman and ended with Who Am I What Am I Doing, and now I'm angy again
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-07-2020 at 09:40 PM.

This is why in a sense why I would like that Bludhaven, unlike Gotham, looks clean it's not looking like crime takes place everything is secret. Bludhaven is a good city from the outside. However, Dick knows better. He lives that many of the enemies he learns about aren't even in Bludhaven. Setting him off a global training from time to time.