Page 182 of 233 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've read a theory that Young Justice makes Damian a baby, because they want Dick and Damian to be Batman and Robin in the future (since Bruce would be older).

I hope this isn't true, because that would mean they only see Nightwing as an intermediate state between Robin and Batman.
    Wouldn't that only be true if Tim picked up the Nightwing mantle simultaneously?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Scott Snyder talked about his Nightwing book.
    It's a Black Label book called Nightwing: Parabola.

He doesn't know the full status yet.

- a detective grounded story
    - Batman goes missing and the batfamily looks for him and protect Gotham
    - Shows what would happen in a Gotham without Bruce but with the family there.
    - Has artist
    - A meditation on Dick Grayson the same way Last Knight on Earth is for Bruce
    - Focuses on how Dick is an empathetic detective
    - depicts him as a compassionate hero

Starts at the 36 min mark.

Last edited by Drako; 10-10-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

- Has artist

I really want this to get picked up. What do y'all think? Three issues? I'd hope for more, maybe six.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

As for animated movies: Robin Year One could easily be adapted into an animated movie, and I think Humphries' The Untouchable could be a strong contender as well.

While six would be great, Black Label comics usually get 3 Issues, so that's probably too much to hope for. Tbh I'm gonna be happy as long as it gets approved.
    Have to say I'm quite glad that Gordon Jr. isn't in it anymore. I never enjoyed him that much. I wonder if Snyder will incorperate another villain of that era instead or has already invented sb completely new.

Maybe if the pitch gets through and the comic does well, we'll even get to see more from Snyder. The way he speaks in the interview and wrote about Dick Grayson in May at least implies to me that Parabola isn't the only pitch he has or had.

Edit: I wonder if Parabola was supposed to tie Black Mirror and Gates of Gotham together?
    Last edited by Avi; 10-10-2020 at 12:46 PM. Reason: See Edit

Astonishing Member

- Has artist

Interesting - doesn't sound like my own, personal "Scott Snyder Steps In To Recontextualise And Save Dick Grayson" story, but more like a continuation in the same vein of, as Avi says, Black Mirror and Gates Of Gotham.

And I like both those stories, so that works for me.

Also, given those previous stories and the idea of being "the Bat Family" taking over, I'd expect Tim to probably come out of this pretty well.

Well, Snyder's book actually has "Nightwing" in the title, so it's not just a DickBats story, which is something I was afraid of. So that's a big win in my book. And it's called Parabola, one of my absolute favorite Tool songs, and given Snyder's love for rock and metal I'm guessing that's not entirely accidental, so that's another win in my book.

The inclusion of the Bat family is nothing I want or need, and I'm not sold on the "how each of them would handle this situation" thing but I'm guessing they'd be more supporting characters than co-leads (hopefully) so that's not so bad. Not what I want, but not a deal breaker.

This basically sounds like it's just gonna be the plot to that new Bat family video game, with Dick as the main PoV character. Which is fine. Nothing ground breaking and not the kind of elevation or escape from Bat-lite that I want for Nightwing, but fine.

So, yeah....the odds of me getting this were always pretty high but this basically cements that I'll get it....if it gets made. Six months ago I would've said DC will let Snyder write anything he wants, but with everything happening behind the scenes right now I'm not as confident. Still confident, but not nearly as much as I was.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Parabola is a bit of an awkward title for it. I wasn't expecting that. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue that well, but I am surprised that it has Nightwing in the title. I figured it would have some original title like Last Knight on Earth did since we knew it was going to be a Black Label title, but it seems like it will be the complete opposite of what Last Knight was in being a super grounded story as opposed to this big epic.

But it could be called anything and that would be fine by me. Snyder is kind of the only big writer at DC that has shown any interest to wanting to do anything with Dick's character in a comprehensive way. I do wonder who the artist is. Maybe Jock if Snyder wants to try and have that grounded Black Mirror feel. My only hesitation is that it seems it will also focus on the rest of the Batman family and not just Nightwing mostly, which isn't what I was hoping for.
    Last edited by Badou; 10-10-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

- Has artist

I really, really like the term Empathetic Detective. It's not the first time I hear it, I think he mentioned it in the first interview/announcement, but I still like it every time I hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wouldn't that only be true if Tim picked up the Nightwing mantle simultaneously?
    No because Tim isn't Nightwing and never has been. He'll become RR like the comics.

There's no reason for Tim to inherit Dick's mantle simply because it's vacant.

What do you guys think the chances of us seeing Swing-Wing in The Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I really, really like the term Empathetic Detective. It's not the first time I hear it, I think he mentioned it in the first interview/announcement, but I still like it every time I hear it.
    Yes he has mentioned it before.

I have issues already with this book.

Why is this man seemingly unable to bring in Batman into everything?

Why is it about Gotham when Dick has his own city?

While I like the term Emphatic Detective why does it have to use Detective [normally a batman marketing tag] to promote this?

I didn't watch the video but from the points listed. This feels like a knock off Batman/Bruce. Like Snyder was still wearing his Batman goggles while dreaming up this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Interesting - doesn't sound like my own, personal "Scott Snyder Steps In To Recontextualise And Save Dick Grayson" story, but more like a continuation in the same vein of, as Avi says, Black Mirror and Gates Of Gotham.

And I like both those stories, so that works for me.

Also, given those previous stories and the idea of being "the Bat Family" taking over, I'd expect Tim to probably come out of this pretty well.
    Excellent for Tim.

I hope we get some focus on the character whose name appears on the title. The guy that Snyder has been saying he wants to write. The one who was used in the pitch.

Nightwing must be code for Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

This is about the only problem I have with how Snyder writes Nightwing. I think he has a good grip of Dick as a character but Snyder seems to view him completely through the lens of Gotham, and like DC itself, tends to downplay or ignore the bigger stuff. As much as Snyder seems to get Dick, he doesn't give Dick's time out of Gotham the weight it deserves and any Nightwing that Snyder writes is firmly entrenched in that "street level vigilante" viewpoint.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Why is it about Gotham when Dick has his own city?

While I like the term Emphatic Detective why does it have to use Detective [normally a batman marketing tag] to promote this?

I didn't watch the video but from the points listed. This feels like a knock off Batman/Bruce. Like Snyder was still wearing his Batman goggles while dreaming up this concept.
    because he said the reason he's writing this is there are still some stories that he didn't get to tell when he was writing Dick as Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    because he said the reason he's writing this is there are still some stories that he didn't get to tell when he was writing Dick as Batman
    is that the reason he gave? I remember Morrison saying that about DickBats but didn't know Snyder ever said that. I remember him saying he would like to write Nightwing.

All his tweets that I recall say nightwing not Dickbats.