Page 198 of 233 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3481
    Incredible Member

future state looks fun
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

JL was, I don’t know. Look I like the character arc with Dick there, though not actually being tasked with this mission was a blow, but with these last 2 years as Ric I guess he shouldn’t have. He’s sucks, we get it, you guys won. Just maybe stop selling him then. Cause it’s just mean. Anyway, the character arc was cool and fair, but then they just ditch him for what this story means for Metal. So ya, the character arc was nice and all, it was the best Nightwing we got in a while, but in the end it was just goes nowhere appeasement. Someone left with name recognition to hold down JL while everyone is busy in Metal. Plus it just further convinces me that I don’t want Nightwing on the JL. It misses the point. There were so many opportunities to build the Titans up with this but no. Whatever. I guess for me JL was bittersweet.

Nightwing was just trash. Honestly I’m out of words. It’s just more of the same awful crap from the same tapped out creator who is way past giving a crap. Poor Bruce was written so poorly too.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I didn't like Nightwing Year One. It just felt like such a big swing and miss compared to some of the other Year One series. Robin Year One wasn't perfect but good enough and Batgirl Year One was great I thought. The two read well together, but I hate how Nightwing Year One is still the default origin in most cases and completely took the agency from Dick's character. I find the whole thing just frustrating. Judas Contract being in continuity post crisis was always a bit weird. At times it felt like it was, or some version of it at least, but then with Nightwing it wasn't. We are still dealing with it now given that Lazarus Contract was their attempt at rewriting it for Rebirth. Nightwing's whole origin is such a mess now.

Anyway, something I do kind of like is the Nightwing costume in the Teen Titans Future State series. No interest in the series itself but the costume I like, haha. Hasn't been posted here I think and we get a better shot of it in the recent solicits. I think going back to the gold and blue color scheme while using New 52 design looks really fresh. It changes the feel from the mostly black design that I've gotten frustrated with lately. I don't like the blue on the current costume being so thin and I always disliked the bird motif on the Nightwing costumes or logo. The bird stuff to me always made it feel like a Robin derivative. Like they think "Dick was Robin before so obviously his new costume and identity should be bird related too". If that is their mindset then Dick should never have given up Robin in the first place. It's like when they wanted to make Nightwing red so all the current and former Robins would be red like Robin is. Just not a fan of it.

But with how awful the Ric story was Dick needs something fresh to put that whole disaster behind him. So a new costume with a new color scheme like the one here I think could be really fun.
    I saw people advocating for him to have some yellow in his costume when this redesign by Kal Huset was circulating around on the internet and i actually agree.

About the comics today, Justice League was good, but overal this mini arc didn't do much for me. I still want Williamson writing Nightwing in some capacity.

Nightwing wasn't THAT bad, they finaly closed the arc with Bea and Dick beat KGBeast pretty easly. You can cleary see Jurgens closing the door on this stupid run. Just one more to go.

Door should have been slammed shut already. Dragging their feet to close the door at this point is just another technique to drag it out even further, and keep from delivering any actual satisfaction to whatever readers are still left. They are not even closing it right, that’s why it was a bad idea to give Ric’s creators the last word as their perception on it has been off from the start. What Dick said to Bea should be the the truth, but instead they make it the lie so Dick could be the tortured hero like Batman they kept saying he wasn’t. I laughed seeing Dick cry. Seriously. First thing that came to my mind was his tears look delicious as he cries over his life lost as Ric. Get a clue already Ric writers. Crying over anything about Ric is so out of touch and at this point it’s just counterproductive. Dick ending the last remnant of Ric is something to be celebrated, not mourned. But we are never gonna get that from Ric’s writers. Cause that would be an awareness of their failure as creators.

Any momentum Dick’s return had is now pretty much dead so a going nowhere creator can close out his failed, all time lows, run. And there is still yet at least one more to go.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I laughed seeing Dick cry. First thing that came to my mind was his tears are delicious as he cries over his life lost as Ric.
    What a weird sentence.

I'm over being mad over this, there is no point for me. I'm just waiting to see what is next. December will have the end of Jurgens run and the solicits from March.

Let's see what they have in store for us.

What’s next is more Jurgens.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2020 at 07:14 AM.

What’s next is more Jurgens.
    Well, if this is true, then i just quit reading comics, at least Nightwing comics. I did it before, i can do it again.

It’s factually true. What’s next is another issue by Jurgens. What comes after that is Future State, and then it’s who knows but given the shape DC is in its a real bad time for Nightwing to be in such a poor marketability state. Jurgens closing out the year is what’s next with Nightwing though. Which is ridiculous that he’s even doing that given his performance on the title. And just can’t bode well.

What appears to be next is Professor Grayson at Titans Academy....or whatever they will end up calling it. And if you think that is just a reference to Future State then go look up the ending to today's issue of Teen Titans.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Rather see try to find Damian, then jump on the Damian is bad bandwagon. He’s not really in a better position then Damian to offer or teach anyone anything. Which Future State looks like it will demonstrate...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Door should have been slammed shut already. Dragging their feet to close the door at this point is just another technique to drag it out even further, and keep from delivering any actual satisfaction to whatever readers are still left. They are not even closing it right, that’s why it was a bad idea to give Ric’s creators the last word as their perception on it has been off from the start. What Dick said to Bea should be the the truth, but instead they make it the lie so Dick could be the tortured hero like Batman they kept saying he wasn’t. I laughed seeing Dick cry. Seriously. First thing that came to my mind was his tears look delicious as he cries over his life lost as Ric. Get a clue already Ric writers. Crying over anything about Ric is so out of touch and at this point it’s just counterproductive. Dick ending the last remnant of Ric is something to be celebrated, not mourned. But we are never gonna get that from Ric’s writers. Cause that would be an awareness of their failure as creators.

Any momentum Dick’s return had is now pretty much dead so a going nowhere creator can close out his failed, all time lows, run. And there is still yet at least one more to go.
    They shoulda just saved his return for March in all honesty. Might've actually been able to do something with it instead of everybody just spinning their wheels until Future Slate starts.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Rather see try to find Damian, then jump on the Damian is bad bandwagon. He’s not really in a better position then Damian to offer or teach anyone anything. Which Future State looks like it will demonstrate...
    Don't bash Dick for what he said and did on TT. He's just went amnesic, then when he came back he got note from Damian, and looks like his little brother entrusted them to him. The only chance he can know and assess the situation is only from Damian's note, and we don't know what was written on there (and also on Jon's note, which is frustrating. I mean, if they want to make a plot about Damian controlled people around him with some pieces of paper, can we at least know what was on the paper?). By no means Dick said that Damian is bad on Teen Titans, probably Damian said that he forced TT members on his note, or maybe he recalled the time when Damian kidnapped Kory, Beast Boy, and Raven to make TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    And that remind me of something. Look guys, I loves Damian with Dick as much as you all. I love their connection, and their strong brothership borderline father-son relationship at some point. I love and heavily adore Dick who accept Damian as he is to be his Robin, all his effort to change Damian toward goodness, and his genuine love for Damian. But we can't count on Dick to be Damian's moral support right now. We can't just hope Dick will take Damian on his wing after his collision with Bruce, understand his actions and feelings, just expect him to accept Damian's actions. Dick is not family's private therapist. Heck he didn't even as bubbly and as patient like fandom often portrayed. He has his own morality, and that morality for sure disagree with all Damian's act. Besides, one of Damian's method in this terrible run is mind-wiping, and on Ric saga, which is equally terrible if not more, he got amnesic, lose his basic self, and has been brainwashing 3 times (Scarecrow, Court of Owl, and Joker). Honestly I can't see how Dick will accept and handle all Damian did in TT run without disregarding his own trauma after Ric saga. If somehow that happened, then Dc is adamant to make Dick Holy Saint or something.

Damian's problem is started with Bruce and has to end by Bruce. I love Damian but I also love Dick, so I don't want Dick to get roped into Damian and Bruce's mess, especially just after he gets his life back. It's like the time when people expect Dick to handle Jason's trauma, which is sadly I've encountered many of them. On Morrison run people want Dick to handle Jason's trauma and murderous rampage with power of love and family, and became angry when Dickbats put Jason in Arkham Asylum instead (which is actually a reasonable act on his capability as someone who tried to fill Bruce's presence on the cowl.

On this thread, people's expectation for Dick to somehow fix Damian is honestly makes me wary, I am just afraid if Dick has negative response for Damian's act (which is understandable with his morality and after all the **** he went through), people will get heartbroken and turn to hate Dick instead.
    And I've said it before on Damian's thread, don't count on Dick to bring Damian back or somehow fix Damian's problem. Damian is Bruce's responsibilities, and Dick just healed from his amnesic. Dick needs to sort his own life back first.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-17-2020 at 08:03 AM.

I’m not counting on Dick to bring Damian back, DC wants to continue this Damian is bad bull, I’d just prefer to see it as Dick has made Damian his responsibility before. He’s the one who open the door for Damian, so one could argue Damian is also his responsibility. Dick had compassion for Damian before anyone else ever did, and invested in Damian. So there is precedence with Damian unlike with Jason.

But yes, Dick should sort out his own shambled life before he offers to try and teach others how to live theirs. Especially a bunch a kids who rescued the dude who shot Dick in the head so he can attack him yet again...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-17-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I didn't like Nightwing Year One. It just felt like such a big swing and miss compared to some of the other Year One series. Robin Year One wasn't perfect but good enough and Batgirl Year One was great I thought. The two read well together, but I hate how Nightwing Year One is still the default origin in most cases and completely took the agency from Dick's character. I find the whole thing just frustrating. Judas Contract being in continuity post crisis was always a bit weird. At times it felt like it was, or some version of it at least, but then with Nightwing it wasn't. We are still dealing with it now given that Lazarus Contract was their attempt at rewriting it for Rebirth. Nightwing's whole origin is such a mess now.

Anyway, something I do kind of like is the Nightwing costume in the Teen Titans Future State series. No interest in the series itself but the costume I like, haha. Hasn't been posted here I think and we get a better shot of it in the recent solicits. I think going back to the gold and blue color scheme while using New 52 design looks really fresh. It changes the feel from the mostly black design that I've gotten frustrated with lately. I don't like the blue on the current costume being so thin and I always disliked the bird motif on the Nightwing costumes or logo. The bird stuff to me always made it feel like a Robin derivative. Like they think "Dick was Robin before so obviously his new costume and identity should be bird related too". If that is their mindset then Dick should never have given up Robin in the first place. It's like when they wanted to make Nightwing red so all the current and former Robins would be red like Robin is. Just not a fan of it.

But with how awful the Ric story was Dick needs something fresh to put that whole disaster behind him. So a new costume with a new color scheme like the one here I think could be really fun.

Red x all buff and big is weird lol

Haven't read Teen Titans yet and it doesn't seem as if I will want to. What a bunch of bs. And Nightwing is just tiring.

Justice League ended quite well, I think. It was enjoyable through to the end, which I can't say about a lot of other stories. Especially not Dick stories. I'd actually like to read one more Issue of these characters as JL working independently from Lex. I think they have potential. The JL worship Dick showed throughout the book wasn't my thing, though. He should have been in the hero game far sooner than at least half of them.

I agree that a little gold in Dick's costume would be great.