Page 206 of 233 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3481

If Deathstoke Nightwing is actually Dick, I think it has the potential to be very interesting. Certainly an innovative way to tie Red X to both Dick and Deathstroke, and the idea to blend the gold/orange and blue of the Mulletwing and Deathstroke suits is a smart parallel.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Ok an idea just came to me, an idea about a potential status quo for Nightwing. One that can move Dick's character further and at the same time leave most fans happy(I hope).

Nightwing can finally be his own thing with his own niche and truly be the heart of the DCU..
    Generally I think it's a fine idea. Plenty of people have protected their own city while also doing double (triple?) duty on more than one team. Dick could totally do this and I'd love to see him get that much exposure. I assume you'd have him in the League book as well right?

My only nitpick with the concept is the teams in question. I don't see the Titans being a good place for Dick right now (or any of the other classic members). At this point it's just regression, not growth, with no clear way forward. Not an impossible problem to overcome but a "let's just re-tell old NTT stories!" does not work. And the League won't end up being a benefit either, I don't think. The League is where the A-listers go, it's not the book that *elevates* characters to the A-list (just look at Vic and J'onn). I fear that on the League, Dick's role as Bat-lite would only be reinforced.

I'm definitely down with "Agent 37 but as Nightwing" and that's largely the keystone of my own ideas (as well as a collaboration with dropkickjake that turned out really well) and I don't think leaning on Dick's relationships and connections to groups like the JLA or Titans is a bad thing at all. But as they're presented these days, neither team really seems likely to help Dick very much.

There's gotta be two other teams that will achieve a similar result (Dick can always visit his old Titans friends whether they're on a team roster or not) but is a little more surprising and unexpected.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-04-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Generally I think it's a fine idea. Plenty of people have protected their own city while also doing double (triple?) duty on more than one team. Dick could totally do this and I'd love to see him get that much exposure. I assume you'd have him in the League book as well right?

My only nitpick with the concept is the teams in question. I don't see the Titans being a good place for Dick right now (or any of the other classic members). At this point it's just regression, not growth, with no clear way forward. Not an impossible problem to overcome but a "let's just re-tell old NTT stories!" does not work. And the League won't end up being a benefit either, I don't think. The League is where the A-listers go, it's not the book that *elevates* characters to the A-list (just look at Vic and J'onn). I fear that on the League, Dick's role as Bat-lite would only be reinforced.

I'm definitely down with "Agent 37 but as Nightwing" and that's largely the keystone of my own ideas (as well as a collaboration with dropkickjake that turned out really well) and I don't think leaning on Dick's relationships and connections to groups like the JLA or Titans is a bad thing at all. But as they're presented these days, neither team really seems likely to help Dick very much.
    I get what you're saying but I believe it can work for nightwing in this way, because 1) nightwing as a leaguer doesn't have to be in the JL teambooks. Nightwing's solo would be his JL book, it will focus on nightwing as a globetrotting hero on solo league missions with some team ups here and there. Plus interactions with Leaguer at the hall of justice or watchtower as his "st.hadrains. dick doesn't even have be in a league teambooks (maybe some group shots) his solo will do the talking with him as the star and focus.

I believe you saw YJ.Outsiders right? Just imagine on one of his globetrotting missions but instead of it being for the team, it's his JL missions. Solo missions with some team ups with other leaguers from time to time. But its nightwing's solo book. Dick can visit Gotham and the batfamily in the others batbooks.

As for the titans well as I said dick can be both so he can have his solo Grayson style JL nightwing book independent of the titans. So titans can take its long rest and his JL solo can go on independently with batfamily teambook.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-04-2020 at 03:02 PM.

The only thing I liked from Future State was that Nightwing costume. Returning to the blue and gold felt fresh, but a Deathstroke mask kind of ruins it. The mask could have been blue and gold at least to match, lol. Now that Nightwing might not even be Dick? And I just have no interest in Red X as a character and the Titans look like it will be awful like usual. My expectation are so low after Future State I have no idea what toe expect when this mess is over.

Speaking of future state nightwing doesn't seem to have a future legacy of his own? No future Nightwing, DC really do view nightwing as just another sidekick don't they.

Extraordinary Member

Talon and Shriek from the Dixon Nightwing series will be joint the next version of the suicide squad
    His rouges gallery is finally forming

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Speaking of future state nightwing doesn't seem to have a future legacy of his own? No future Nightwing, DC really do view nightwing as just another sidekick don't they.
    I actually think Nightwing should never be a legacy. It was an important aspect of the story that Dick was taking on his own name. I'm not a legacy fan in general, but Nightwing least of all, because that was about not being in the shadow of another hero. A legacy would always be in Dick's shadow in a way that to me, would ...not exactly undermine, but be very contrary to what Dick was about when he took that identity.

In modern comics everything is a legacy it feels like. So I don't see Nightwing being immune to it, but at the same time I don't think DC cares enough about Nightwing to really care either way. That whole Teen Titans story sounds awful, but it is the Titans. So it was kind of expected as awful stories and the Titans kind of go hand in hand, haha. Also in the Injustice story and game they had Damian take over Nightwing, and more casual people are probably aware of that story than any more current Nightwing ones. Then they wanted Jason to take over Nightwing after Dick was supposed to die, and King wanted Tim to take over as Nightwing after being shot in the head. So there has been a lot of near stories where someone else was supposed to be Nightwing.

But overall I'm kind of indifferent to the Nightwing name and identity these days. To me it feels like Nightwing has hit its ceiling with how DC looks at it and the only direction he can go now is down, which is what the last few years have felt like to me.

Oh, and we just had the dumb cop Nightwings running around. I nearly had that erased from my memory, lol. So there is a very recent story of other characters running around in Nightwing costumes that weren't Dick. So Nightwing probably falls into being a legacy now.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Nightwing kind of always was a legacy since he got it from Superman. Though it may be a weird case since Clark never used it for anything more than an occasional side gig

https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...789825/photo/1

[/QUOTE]

Maaaaannnn, I love this costume. The boot highlights, arm / finger stripes, a utility belt. Can we get this after Future State?
    Last edited by Murrocko; 12-04-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Maaaaannnn, I love this costume. The boot highlights, arm / finger stripes, a utility belt. Can we get this after Future State?[/QUOTE]

His best look from the artist I most want on Nightwing (AFTER Once & Future wraps up)!

This Dick as Deathstroke **** sounds like one last hurrah from Didio. Please no.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Maaaaannnn, I love this costume. The boot highlights, arm / finger stripes, a utility belt. Can we get this after Future State?
    [/QUOTE]His best look from the artist I most want on Nightwing (AFTER Once & Future wraps up)!

This Dick as Deathstroke **** sounds like one last hurrah from Didio. Please no.[/QUOTE]

----

^ This is something I don't want to happen any time soon...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His best look from the artist I most want on Nightwing (AFTER Once & Future wraps up)!

This Dick as Deathstroke **** sounds like one last hurrah from Didio. Please no.[/QUOTE]

I don't know it actually seems pretty cool. Given all the history between the two characters throughout Titans history, cartoon, and past storylines like Nightwing Renegade I'm intrigued by it to be honest. Nothing could be worse than Ric. This actually seems interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    If Deathstoke Nightwing is actually Dick, I think it has the potential to be very interesting. Certainly an innovative way to tie Red X to both Dick and Deathstroke, and the idea to blend the gold/orange and blue of the Mulletwing and Deathstroke suits is a smart parallel.
    I agree with you on this. It's an interesting way to tie a lot of things together throughout the characters history. I'm going to approach this with a very open mind.
    Last edited by OWL45; 12-05-2020 at 08:23 AM.