Page 207 of 233 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But overall I'm kind of indifferent to the Nightwing name and identity these days. To me it feels like Nightwing has hit its ceiling with how DC looks at it and the only direction he can go now is down, which is what the last few years have felt like to me.
    I agree Nightwing has hit his ceiling, as a BAT! Nightwing as a Batman character has hit its ceiling but Nightwing as a independent ip hasn't even got started yet.

I think Deathstroke-Nightwing could be a cool idea. The thing for me is that Slade's and Dick's history has been erased since the N52 started. The only glimpse we've gotten of their interactions was Priest's run, then Dick had barely any influence in the... what was the crossover, Lazarus Contract? Makes me wonder if Red X won't be the only thing that's being integrated from the TT tv-show. With Newsarama being so set on saying it's Dick, I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be an intriguing glimpse into the future the same way Grayson: Futures End was, but given how bad this seems to handle the Titans I'll probably skip it.

The only thing I liked from Future State was that Nightwing costume. Returning to the blue and gold felt fresh, but a Deathstroke mask kind of ruins it. The mask could have been blue and gold at least to match, lol. Now that Nightwing might not even be Dick? And I just have no interest in Red X as a character and the Titans look like it will be awful like usual. My expectation are so low after Future State I have no idea what toe expect when this mess is over.
    A blue and gold Deathstroke mask would be pretty cool, but it seems more likely that this Nightwing just took it from the battlefield for whatever reason, so I get why it isn't. And yep, I have no idea what to expect either.

Astonishing Member

So, Sheridan on Titans not Williamson - that does surprise me! I'd imagined a bigger name, too, but then Sheridan was one of the writers Bleeding Cool flagged up as someone DC was very excited by earlier in the year...

Future State has Shazam having been part of the Titans, doesn't it? And with Sheridan too? I wonder if that means he'll join, or if Sheridan is getting the solo. Always thought Dick and Billy would be an interesting dynamic.
    Last edited by Claude; 12-05-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Minus the Deathstroke mask, I really like the Future State costume. I wouldn't mind it being his regular costume from now on.

Helps that it makes him look slightly less like a Bat tie in character than the black/blue one does.

I don't dislike it, but it doesn't feel as memorable or sleek as Dick's normal Nightwing look.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Minus the Deathstroke mask, I really like the Future State costume. I wouldn't mind it being his regular costume from now on.

Helps that it makes him look slightly less like a Bat tie in character than the black/blue one does.
    Won't really fit with the dark and gritty gotham and bludhaven feel. But maybe could work in that Vegas bludhaven theme.

We should be getting a announcement for the nightwing book tomorrow. What do you hope for and what do you expect to see from the nightwing book.

I’m not expecting much. Just a new creative team I’ll have to look up taking over, with a new but usual direction. They completely wasted bringing him back. Two years as Ric all for nothing. In the end they still couldn’t bring themselves to plan anything, as 5G was the plan. Now they dug him a hole they are unprepared and too lazy to even try to dig him out off. He probably dies in FE Titans and that was to be his fate in 5G, but with 5G canned last minute they had to come up with something else for him last minute. So ya, not expecting much. Just another last minute direction with a new creative team that had little time to prepare and their biggest potential hook wasted.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Snyder or nothing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I agree Nightwing has hit his ceiling, as a BAT! Nightwing as a Batman character has hit its ceiling but Nightwing as a independent ip hasn't even got started yet.
    I don't think it has anything to do with being a Bat. It's just for so long we've wanted Nightwing to finally get some other media presence and over the last few years he actually got it, but it didn't have the effect I once thought it would have. I thought once he got it that would springboard the character, but it kind of lead to nothing it feels like. Now when you look at what DC/WB is doing with their characters they are giving shows and movies to so many different characters that it no longer feels special, and to me it feels like they don't really look at Nightwing as something they can do more with. So it feels like he hit his ceiling. The next could of years will be very telling I think if they think of Nightwing as a brand or character they can do more with or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    A blue and gold Deathstroke mask would be pretty cool, but it seems more likely that this Nightwing just took it from the battlefield for whatever reason, so I get why it isn't. And yep, I have no idea what to expect either.
    The mask has the Nightwing domino design on it, which the classic Deathstroke mask doesn't have, right? So maybe he didn't just pick it up off Deathstroke even if it feels like he did? Dunno. Looking at the design I don't mind it and would like it see it in a blue and gold version of it. I'd actually like Nightwing to wear a cool mask going forward even though I know his fans would riot probably. It's just there is a lot of value in having a cool mask I think in terms of marketing and increasing brand awareness. Just look at a Spider-man, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Red Hood, or even Daredevil. Their mask is such an essential part to their characters and awareness. Nightwing doesn't really have anything like that which I personally think is something that hurts the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't dislike it, but it doesn't feel as memorable or sleek as Dick's normal Nightwing look.
    The blue and black costume is so basic though. It's basically an all black costume with bits of blue here and there, and it translates very poorly to live action and even other media as we have seen. Since they can't get the skin tight sleek look right. I'd just be fine with something more visually interesting now even if fans would hate it probably.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    We should be getting a announcement for the nightwing book tomorrow. What do you hope for and what do you expect to see from the nightwing book.
    My hope is that they finally realize Bludhaven is a waste of time no matter how you dress it up, but I'm expecting more garbage Bludhaven stories. That is if he even gets his solo back after Future State.

The blue and black costume is so basic though. It's basically an all black costume with bits of blue here and there, and it translates very poorly to live action and even other media as we have seen. Since they can't get the skin tight sleek look right. I'd just be fine with something more visually interesting now even if fans would hate it probably.
    If by basic you mean streamlined, then I agree .

I mean, I've never really seen it as poorly translated in other media for the most part but I guess it comes down to perspective.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

His best look from the artist I most want on Nightwing (AFTER Once & Future wraps up)!

This Dick as Deathstroke **** sounds like one last hurrah from Didio. Please no.[/QUOTE]

----

^ This is something I don't want to happen any time soon...[/QUOTE]

That book is great but he somehow squeezed in Dark Detective between issues and O&F is still solicited up to #16 without any delays I've noticed. Mora's a machine. Maybe he can do both. Who knows.

But I too am not willing to lose O&F for a DC book. Besides, DC would just give him to Batman the way they did Jiminez.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If by basic you mean streamlined, then I agree .

I mean, I've never really seen it as poorly translated in other media for the most part but I guess it comes down to perspective.
    I mean basic as in bland. It just just an all black jumpsuit where it feels like someone got a blue paint roller and went over his arms or chest. I don't mind it sometimes where it can look sleek like the Jim Lee version. Where it is skin tight and very clean, but that can't be done in other media well. It ends up looking like a weird black racecar jumpsuit with these awkward pieces of armor on it. There just isn't enough there to stand out as visually interesting, imo.

I mean basic as in bland. It just just an all black jumpsuit where it feels like someone got a blue paint roller and went over his arms or chest. I don't mind it sometimes where it can look sleek like the Jim Lee version. Where it is skin tight and very clean, but that can't be done in other media well. It ends up looking like a weird black racecar jumpsuit with these awkward pieces of armor on it. There just isn't enough there to stand out as visually interesting, imo.
    I think there's something to be said for a design that's simple yet striking, like I feel the base Nightwing look is. I've never felt like that hasn't come across in media adaptions (animated movies, YJ, DCAU, even Titans), but again that's just my take. I don't think it's a suit that really needs a lot of bells and whistles.

Incredible Member

I think your right. The Nightwing suit to traditional fans of the character for nostalgia purposes is a great thing but for mass audience appeal it seems to not stand out much. Visually the Red Hood comes away more appealing if we are all being honest. I think Nightwing fans need to be open to change. Visually the costume from the future state Titans cover stands out. The mask has the Nightwing cowl imprinted on it. At least it looks that way in the picture. The sidearm is a call back to his time with Spyral.